Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 3:08pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    No. Moderation from either side just means more of the same. There's only a **** hair worth of difference between Democrats and Republicans to start with.
    Shiiittt truth.
    ****, I am a democrat and my straight up ultra conservative Republican buddy laughs at me when we get into politics. He says "You are a Democrat because a Black Republican is a contradictory and ironic misnomer."

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 3:11pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
    Like the OP, I also watch the political shenanigans with a raised eyebrow - from time to time. Perhaps I'm wrong but the Federal Shutdown only seems to happen to Presidents elected from the Democrats...it doesn't seem to happen to those elected from the Republican party yet their extra-legal actions boggle the Mind.

But I could be wrong.
    There's been one major shutdown prior to this so I don't think you have much to stand on with that argument. Both political parties will do anything to get their way. One is not worse than the other in that regard.

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 3:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
    Like the OP, I also watch the political shenanigans with a raised eyebrow - from time to time. Perhaps I'm wrong but the Federal Shutdown only seems to happen to Presidents elected from the Democrats...it doesn't seem to happen to those elected from the Republican party yet their extra-legal actions boggle the Mind.

But I could be wrong.
    While in the past their have been things called government shut downs we have really only have had 2 in which we send employees home.

Now a sample size of 2 isn't exactly telling.

However here is the other similarities
    In both instances is a large republican freshman class.
    In both instances the republican leaders did not want this to happen.
    In both instances the republicans where blamed for it.

I predict the general ill will this generates will hamper their bid for the 2016 presidential election but will cement them some seats in the house.
    Especially once Obama care does kick in and the general public gets hooked on it.

I know I went and looked at the exchanges the other day and I can get an insurance policy now for a lot less than I could have in the past. Being human and thus interested mostly in myself which way do you think its going to push my vote?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 3:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    While in the past their have been things called government shut downs we have really only have had 2 in which we send employees home.

Now a sample size of 2 isn't exactly telling.

However here is the other similarities
    In both instances is a large republican freshman class.
    In both instances the republican leaders did not want this to happen.
    In both instances the republicans where blamed for it.

I predict the general ill will this generates will hamper their bid for the 2016 presidential election but will cement them some seats in the house.
    Especially once Obama care does kick in and the general public gets hooked on it.

I know I went and looked at the exchanges the other day and I can get an insurance policy now for a lot less than I could have in the past. Being human and thus interested mostly in myself which way do you think its going to push my vote?
    Like you said, it isn't telling. Yet, you're not going to let that keep you from using it to predict the future, I see.

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 3:24pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On the Obama care tangent I find it interesting.
    So a long time ago I chose to forgo benefits in exchange for much higher wages.
    IE going independent instead of working for a large company.
    Now you all should know insurance is a scam. They sit down do the math and find out how much to charge you so that they can make a profit and still provide services.
    So I just always paid for that crap out of pocket for a lot less than paying for insurance.
    Now because I get to use my adjusted income(IE after I have written everything off and look much poorer than I really am) I can buy insurance because Devil is paying for part of my premium.

Now it makes sense for me to get insurance.

Thanks Devil.

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 3:29pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like you said, it isn't telling. Yet, you're not going to let that keep you from using it to predict the future, I see.
    History does tend to repeat itself. However their is one giant difference the US president will not be incumbent this go around. So it is a different situation. However with the intra-party problems the republicans are having I just don't see them putting up a strong national candidate any time soon.

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 3:36pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Power my friend power. Plain and simple.
    Oh, I understand it on a big money level, for those who have the bucks to buy a politician - all sorts of perks in terms of favourable contracts or patronage positions.

For the hoi polloi though?

The real question is why haven't the moderate Republicans kicked the Tea parties out of their party yet. I know I know the Tea party is bringing in a lot of the big dollars right now.
    Yep, that was some short-sightedness. "They're die-hard Republicans, they're vocal, they're not shy about donating money, and they vote ... what could possibly go wrong?"

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 3:39pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now you all should know insurance is a scam. They sit down do the math and find out how much to charge you so that they can make a profit and still provide services.
    This is the part where I'm not going to let you get off easy saying bullshit. I let my retard "friends" on facebook get away with **** like this. I don't talk politics there because if I behaved there like I do here I would end up talking to myself. My wife probably wouldn't de-friend me. Probably.

So, what you just described. Let me get it straight - you mean insurance companies do math.....to find out what they can charge.......to provide a service.......and still make a profit? OH THE HORROR!!!!!! How the **** can we allow this atrocity in a free country? Don't they know that every time a company is profitable a unicorn dies?

Come on, man. You're gonna' have to do better than that.

If all these crackhead losers begging for free healthcare would do some math they wouldn't need free healthcare.

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 3:46pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is the part where I'm not going to let you get off easy saying bullshit. I let my retard "friends" on facebook get away with **** like this. I don't talk politics there because if I behaved there like I do here I would end up talking to myself. My wife probably wouldn't de-friend me. Probably.

So, what you just described. Let me get it straight - you mean insurance companies do math.....to find out what they can charge.......to provide a service.......and still make a profit? OH THE HORROR!!!!!! How the **** can we allow this atrocity in a free country? Don't they know that every time a company is profitable a unicorn dies?

Come on, man. You're gonna' have to do better than that.

If all these crackhead losers begging for free healthcare would do some math they wouldn't need free healthcare.
    I didn't say it was horrible. I said that is why for the past I don't know 7 years or so I havn't had insurance. There math works as good for me as well. Meaning I can pay doctors and pharmacist out of my own pocket (Usally getting a cash discount to boot) with out having to give the insurance company their cut. This system has worked out rather well for me. I laugh at the people who say omg you need insurance.

That is the point insurance is a scam for the consumer most of the damn time. Take the money you would spend on it put it aside or don't **** it.

However now that you the tax payer are going to pay part of my premium it changes things. Insurance is still a scam but the amount coming out of my pocket is shifted to a more favorable position for me.

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 3:50pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    Yep, that was some short-sightedness. "They're die-hard Republicans, they're vocal, they're not shy about donating money, and they vote ... what could possibly go wrong?"
    Here is the thing they have lost those districts anyways. They have lost them to a party within a party but its still not really their party. Their party has a chance on a national level of picking up independents and cross party voting. The tea party on the other hand does not. The tea parties war chest isn't being all that helpful right now either.
Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 123 45671353 ... LastLast