233410 Bullies, 3869 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 27 of 75 FirstFirst ... 172324252627 2829303137 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/03/2013 1:41pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sacurrity!!!!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2013 1:51pm

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ABC says the shots were heard outside on Capitol Hill and there are unconfirmed reports of an officer hit.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/03/2013 2:33pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Do I get to play the race card on this?
    It was already played. I just added salt to the pepper.

Posted On:
    10/03/2013 3:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    It was already played. I just added salt to the pepper.
    Race relations is hardly my strong point, its not something I care all that much about. I grew up in a middle-middle class Filipino community than as an adult moved to an upper middle/lower upper class Mexican community. Never had any tension with my neighbors over race never saw much in the way of racial tension. Even at times being the only white kid in a class, never had any problems as a result of that.

So maybe I am miss identifying the nature and type of nastiness leveled against Obama but from where I sit it sure the hell looks to have a racial component especially with the frequent racial epitaphs bantered about as it is of a different form then I have seen levied at Clinton or Bush.

Once again tough I don't identify with this group, I don't take any ownership of their actions, I have no sympathies or empathy for them. Hell emphatic in general isn't something most people would say is one of my traits. So to say I take on any sort of guilt over their behavior is a reach. To argue any sort of personal racial guilt is also a reach. Maybe if it was a Latino president.

Do I think the racist card is the only card being played in the sheer obstructionism and levels of partisanship. No of course I don't, do I think its a component? I do, how big of a component I am not sure. Maybe its just a small very vocal group that is giving the larger group a very bad name.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/03/2013 3:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Race relations is hardly my strong point, its not something I care all that much about. I grew up in a middle-middle class Filipino community than as an adult moved to an upper middle/lower upper class Mexican community. Never had any tension with my neighbors over race never saw much in the way of racial tension. Even at times being the only white kid in a class, never had any problems as a result of that.

So maybe I am miss identifying the nature and type of nastiness leveled against Obama but from where I sit it sure the hell looks to have a racial component especially with the frequent racial epitaphs bantered about as it is of a different form then I have seen levied at Clinton or Bush.

Once again tough I don't identify with this group, I don't take any ownership of their actions, I have no sympathies or empathy for them. Hell emphatic in general isn't something most people would say is one of my traits. So to say I take on any sort of guilt over their behavior is a reach. To argue any sort of personal racial guilt is also a reach. Maybe if it was a Latino president.

Do I think the racist card is the only card being played in the sheer obstructionism and levels of partisanship. No of course I don't, do I think its a component? I do, how big of a component I am not sure. Maybe its just a small very vocal group that is giving the larger group a very bad name.
    Yeah, Obama is subject to more hatred because he's black. So, that would give him a 9.999999999 hatred score instead of the usual presidential hatred score of 9.99999998.

The hatred leveled at Obama is clearly about race. No white President has ever been treated this bad before. Except, you know, the ones that got shot and/or killed.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/03/2013 3:38pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Myopic view.
    Go read my little sarcastic post, that made Mr Arrogant cry when it was directed at others, then make sure you understand my point.

You'd have to compare this to the moral outrage at Clinton's affair. They are about equal.
    You'd have to know what to look for, you don't, before saying it doesn't reach the levels of Bush Jr.

If you figure it out the argument will go along the lines of Black media vs White media and numbers. These would be a red herring because it is the message, not the amount, that matters.

Oh yes, there is a racial component, but this is more of a political "No U" between the two parties than race.

Posted On:
    10/03/2013 3:42pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Yeah, Obama is subject to more hatred because he's black. So, that would give him a 9.999999999 hatred score instead of the usual presidential hatred score of 9.99999998.
    Its a working theory, We have had 5 presidents while I have been a live, 3 of which I was old enough to really follow what was going on. The other 2 had enough of a legacy to garner a concept of the level of hate.
    A lot of the other presidents certainly had a level of dislike or disapproval. With Obama I see quite a bit forthright hate. That level of hate appears to be in part racially motivated. Given the language used. Once again coming from where I come from it was a surprise to me to see. It really stood out.

The hatred leveled at Obama is clearly about race.
    I do think they are contributory but not the only cause of hate. He is a politician and a lawyer. A certain amount of hate is to be expected. I am saying that the level of hate has exceeded that expectation based on what I have seen.

No white President has ever been treated this bad before.
    Not to this level

Except, you know, the ones that got shot and/or killed.
    Reagan was the last president to get shot, he wasn't the last president to have an attempt on him. There have been plots and attempts on Obama as well as all other presidents.

Once again my argument isn't that he is hated solely for being black and all the other presidents where loved.
    I am saying their appears to be a racial component to the level of hate we are seeing directed towards him.

Posted On:
    10/03/2013 3:55pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You'd have to compare this to the moral outrage at Clinton's affair. They are about equal.
    Honest question. Are they? I will give you this the Kenneth Star investigation was a witch hunt equally on the same level as the grasping for straws that the right has done.
    I guess the biggest difference I see in it is the nature of the straw grasping. Birther movement for example we didn't see anything like that with McCain who was born in Panama.

You'd have to know what to look for, you don't, before saying it doesn't reach the levels of Bush Jr.
    Here is the difference I see with Bush Jr. the personal attacks vs him where more rooted in reality. Based on things he actually said or did. Where they all fair? No.
    I will give you this his administration took a lot of flack. I don't know if I would call it equal.

If you figure it out the argument will go along the lines of Black media vs White media and numbers. These would be a red herring because it is the message, not the amount, that matters.
    Theirs a black media?

Oh yes, there is a racial component, but this is more of a political "No U" between the two parties than race.
    Its that "No U" that is interesting here cause this president has seen a lot more of it more so than any other president in the past. He has seen more obstruction. Good ideas go no where even ones that both side would normally agree on. There is a level of we want this particular president to fail worse than any other president before. Why now?

Posted On:
    10/03/2013 3:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its a working theory, We have had 5 presidents while I have been a live, 3 of which I was old enough to really follow what was going on. The other 2 had enough of a legacy to garner a concept of the level of hate.
    A lot of the other presidents certainly had a level of dislike or disapproval. With Obama I see quite a bit forthright hate. That level of hate appears to be in part racially motivated. Given the language used. Once again coming from where I come from it was a surprise to me to see. It really stood out.

I do think they are contributory but not the only cause of hate. He is a politician and a lawyer. A certain amount of hate is to be expected. I am saying that the level of hate has exceeded that expectation based on what I have seen.

Not to this level

Reagan was the last president to get shot, he wasn't the last president to have an attempt on him. There have been plots and attempts on Obama as well as all other presidents.

Once again my argument isn't that he is hated solely for being black and all the other presidents where loved.
    I am saying their appears to be a racial component to the level of hate we are seeing directed towards him.
    Your idea about a "racial component" is fucking elementary school level. Of course there's a racial component. There's every kind of component. Every type of hatred you can imagine.

You think there weren't a shitload of non-whites hating on whitey running the country all these years? Delusional. You need to get away from your preppy neighborhood for a while, Buffy.

Posted On:
    10/03/2013 3:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait a minute.

Obama is black?