Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2013 10:27am

Style: Wrestle, Kickbox, Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    First, my comment was not there to defend Devil - he can do that pretty well on his own. But, since you brought it up, I'll point to the rest of that same post where he claims to be 1,000 times more likely to give to the hypothetical starving children charity than those hypocrites who want to force him to pay into the government welfare machine.

The purpose of my comment was to illustrate something goodlun and co. were examining earlier in the thread - tone, rhetoric, and demonization. Hell, I'm surprised we made it this far into the debate without somebody bring up "the evil right wingers want to starve children," angle. It's right up there with dirty water, dirty air, and denying grandma her heart medication - nobody actually wants those things, but leftists are quick to trot out those tired old strawmen every time there's a money fight.
    I didn't say you were defending Devil. The statement you made is one typically done when someone is illustrating the old "I know they don't beat their wife, I just want to hear them deny it" kind of fallacy, which wasn't the case here. OwlMatt brought up that for some people this is basic needs level of monies we're talking about, Devil gave his response, OwlMatt clarified, and you chimed in like OwlMatt was pulling it out of his ass. That is the only thing I was clarifying.

For what it's worth, though, the fact that WIC programming has been hit through this shutdown actually makes the topic of feeding children relevant...just saying...

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/03/2013 10:31am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did I really read random white guys arguing race (LOL) issues, the ghetto and someone actively claim "white privilege" as a talking point?

Thank you Devil, this thread has delivered.

Posted On:
    10/03/2013 10:35am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Did I really read random white guys arguing race (LOL) issues, the ghetto and someone actively claim "white privilege" as a talking point?

Thank you Devil, this thread has delivered.
    Fine lets go there.

This isn't about small goverment or Obama care. Its about making sure the 1st guy in the white house that isn't an Old white guy fails miserably. Its about making sure we never ever have another uppity porch monkey run for high office again.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/03/2013 10:36am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Fine lets go there.

This isn't about small goverment or Obama care. Its about making sure the 1st guy in the white house that isn't an Old white guy fails miserably. Its about making sure we never ever have another uppity porch monkey run for high office again.
    Go there? So, should I ban you because you think that **** is funny? You guys were already there you stupid ****, go read OwlMatt's OMG the birthers.

:)

Posted On:
    10/03/2013 10:36am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    I'm not sure I follow. Can't a loss in an election next year be a manifestation of the way voters are feeling "right now"?

I think that is contingent on this strategy working -- which it won't. Unless it works, you just shut down the government for nothing.
    The Republican party is going to get gutted. They've lost the plot.

Their moderates haven't controlled the zealots. Facts still count. Science still counts.

There's no climate change...fast forward there is climate change and it's really scary.
    Amend the constitution to show the gays what's what....fast forward Hellooooooooo.
    Aggregate polling isn't real, truth in polling!!!!...fast forward Yeah, dead balls on accurate
    That guy's not even Amurkan, get his paperz...fast forward Hawaii is actually a state
    Gotta go to war, WMD, 91I RAWRRRR...fast forward carnage, no WMDs, civil war, PTSD
    The earth is 6,000 years old.....fast forward u s3rious?

If you have stupid ideas, you'll only be taken seriously by stupid people. That's where the Republicans miscalculated. People are less and less stupid, thanks to the information age.

They have to put on grown up pants, and discuss real things, or be a bunch of fringes forever.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/03/2013 10:38am

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    The Republican party is going to get gutted. They've lost the plot.

Their moderates haven't controlled the zealots. Facts still count. Science still counts.

There's no climate change...fast forward there is climate change and it's really scary.
    Amend the constitution to show the gays what's what....fast forward Hellooooooooo.
    Aggregate polling isn't real, truth in polling!!!!...fast forward Yeah, dead balls on accurate
    That guy's not even Amurkan, get his paperz...fast forward Hawaii is actually a state
    Gotta go to war, WMD, 91I RAWRRRR...fast forward carnage, no WMDs, civil war, PTSD
    The earth is 6,000 years old.....fast forward u s3rious?

If you have stupid ideas, you'll only be taken seriously by stupid people. That's where the Republicans miscalculated. People are less and less stupid, thanks to the information age.

They have to put on grown up pants, and discuss real things, or be a bunch of fringes forever.
    LOL. They get gutted, then the Dems get gutted and then you need to buy a legit argument. It is all cyclical.

:)

Posted On:
    10/03/2013 10:41am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL. They get gutted, then the Dems get gutted and then you need to buy a legot argument.
    This is extra crazy.

They've boiled down to crazy concentrate.

Posted On:
    10/03/2013 10:43am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go there? So, should I ban you because you think that **** is funny? You guys were already there you stupid ****, go read OwlMatt's OMG the birthers.
    Funny no, do I think that mind set is part of the problem? Yes I do, how big of the problem it actually is I don't know have a clue.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2013 10:43am

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One can only hope you are right. I have a feeling though that due to the nature of our system and the nature information is consumed and the nature of the way people pick their positions. We our stuck with the Tea Party or at least till the Koch Brothers run out of money. The tea party are true believers of small government and getting rid of Obama Care is synonymous with that concept.
    The Tea Party began as a movement about fiscal responsibility; now it's just a name for the most extreme end of the Republican Party, and that's always existed and it always will. I don't expect that to go away, but I do expect a lot of voters to become disillusioned after this extreme strategy causes a lot of problems and accomplishes nothing.

In the mean time those congressmen are doing what their constituents want. The scary thing is its not a small number of people its not just a few loud crazy people. In those districts its a majority of people. Those people despite being misinformed deserve to be represented.
    Again, I think a lot of constituents, including some of the "misinformed" people you're talking about, are going to demonstrate in next year's election that this isn't what they want.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/03/2013 10:47am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Funny no, do I think that mind set is part of the problem? Yes I do, how big of the problem it actually is I don't know have a clue.
    See, this is white guilt. It irritates me to no end. Everyone tells black people to stop worrying about race, but many of you mother fuckers play "Where's Black Waldo" worse than any black person I know.

Stop perpetuating the bullshit.

This country hates because of religion, political views, sexual orientation and other stupid ****. The fact a bunch of people goose-step because it is race is fucking stupid. It's the dumbest **** in the world. The same mother fuckers that hate him because he is black pulled the same **** with Reagan, Bush and Clinton for equally dumb ****.

I hate when black people play the race card and I hate it more when white people play it for them.