221996 Bullies, 4264 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 12 34561252 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 2:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    Is that a hint of glee I sense in your post?

That's "glee" the emotion, not the television musical series.
    Not really. Don't get me wrong. I'd love to get to kill people I disagree with but I also understand the suffering my family would face in a war.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 2:19pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    If only people would get fired up about this ****, maybe something would get done.

While the media is lamenting the shutdown of "non-essential," services, like PandaCam and the Grand Canyon, there are those of us who wonder why the government is allowed to have "non-essential," services in the first place. If we can live without these things, let's cut them out now. That's a CR I can get behind.
    Don't be trying to take my Obama phone. It's essential. I need it to talk to my boo.

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 2:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a total non-issues. However it does highlight the root cause of some of the problems in a representative based democracy.

So only about 1 in 3 Americans support using the shut down to defund Obama Care.
    So you would think this is political suicide right?

well you would be wrong.

The problem is that even though congress has like a 13% approval rating as a whole when each district is polled on how well there own congress man is doing they poll typically above 50%.

Further compounding the problem is the way districts are heavily gerrymandered so that the A-holes that are really pushing for the shut down are going to have support in their own districts.

So you really do have a small minority being able to exert more power than probably should be due.

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 2:38pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any methods are justified if they undermine Obamacare even the slightest little bit. **** insurance for freeloaders. Let 'em die.

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 2:47pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't understand people supporting political parties at all.

I mean, the party platform is a bunch of squishy platitudes and word salad, meaning whatever is expedient at that moment. Anybody who thinks their party is in any way better at governing than the other party is a bought and paid for idiot.

Humans and their bizarre tribalism ... Can we just combine all political parties, religions, and sports teams into one large monothic entity and be done with it?

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 2:50pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post

I mean, the party platform is a bunch of squishy platitudes and word salad, meaning whatever is expedient at that moment. Anybody who thinks their party is in any way better at governing than the other party is a bought and paid for idiot.

Humans and their bizarre tribalism ... Can we just combine all political parties, religions, and sports teams into one large monothic entity and be done with it?

That's the truth. None of the motherfuckers represent me. But liberals are all fucking pussies and I can't condone a grown ass man being a ***** out in the open for the whole world to see.

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 2:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    Power my friend power. Plain and simple. The real question is why haven't the moderate Republicans kicked the Tea parties out of their party yet. I know I know the Tea party is bringing in a lot of the big dollars right now. However they would still probably be better served banishing the small group, and restructuring. Yes it will cost them in the short run but in the long they would be better off I think.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 2:57pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    If only people would get fired up about this ****, maybe something would get done.
    Really? The only thing we get fired up for now is global warming, bullying and what minority was shot by a white person today.

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 2:58pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Power my friend power. Plain and simple. The real question is why haven't the moderate Republicans kicked the Tea parties out of their party yet. I know I know the Tea party is bringing in a lot of the big dollars right now. However they would still probably be better served banishing the small group, and restructuring. Yes it will cost them in the short run but in the long they would be better off I think.
    No. Moderation from either side just means more of the same. There's only a **** hair worth of difference between Democrats and Republicans to start with.

Posted On:
    10/01/2013 3:03pm

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like the OP, I also watch the political shenanigans with a raised eyebrow - from time to time. Perhaps I'm wrong but the Federal Shutdown only seems to happen to Presidents elected from the Democrats...it doesn't seem to happen to those elected from the Republican party yet their extra-legal actions boggle the Mind.

But I could be wrong.
Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 12 34561252 ... LastLast