Posted On:
    10/02/2013 7:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keslet View Post
    Fail.

Sent from my Droid using Bullshido - No BS MMA mobile app
    Says you, because you don't agree with their platform. Their platform is small government. No epa, no department of this or that, not national parks, pretty much only stuff that should be running is what is running now.

They think they are doing whats right for their district and by extension the country.

Don't give me the loudest crap they are serving the people who cared enough to show up to the polls. The ones who didn't well **** them they had their chance to be heard and they didn't take it.
    Last edited by goodlun; 10/02/2013 8:04pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2013 8:07pm

Style: Wrestle, Kickbox, Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Days you, because you don't agree with their platform. Their platform is small government. No epa, no department of this or that, not national parks, pretty much only stuff that should be running is what is running now.

They think they are doing whats right for their district and by extension the country.

Don't give me the loudest crap they are serving the people who cared enough to show up to the polls. The ones who didn't well **** them they had their chance to be heard and they didn't take it.
    It's one of those chestnuts of wisdom that you run as a (whatever), but you then represent your ENTIRE constituency...we're supposed to be running things at least a little bit better than the Mob, you know? And, more than likely, at least a few of those folks are working against the express wishes of the majority of even those who voted for them...not many citizens are in favor of this course of action (at least according to the polls I've seen).

I know they are small government, but at this point they are refusing to do their jobs unless they get what they want. No matter which way you cut it, they are not fulfilling the role of their office. Doesn't matter if it works towards their ultimate goal...that just makes them a form of domestic terrorist operating to destroy our government from within.

Posted On:
    10/02/2013 8:09pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Except I manage to be a millennial (barely) and support myself and my family. All at the same time. It's just like magic.
    I'm either in or out, depending on which definition is used.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I came from nothing. If I can survive without suckling the government tit, anybody can. I've got zero respect for people who can't. **** them. I laugh at their misery. I know who they are. I watched them sitting on their asses smoking weed in their 20s when I was doing **** the hard way and avoiding the easy road, which resulted in me being stronger than they could ever be in their wildest dreams.

**** them and **** anybody who thinks the world owes them a goddamn thing. They're nothing. Nobody. They're shells of men.
    ^this. At 20 i was working full-time, studying full-time and paying off a mortgage while my contemporaries were mooching off their parents and complaining about having to work part time to afford beers in between (or instead of) lectures.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Posted On:
    10/02/2013 8:11pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Goldmen Sachs disagrees they say a shut down can be a good thiing
    http://www.businessinsider.com/goldm...ut-down-2013-9

Posted On:
    10/02/2013 8:15pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keslet View Post
    No matter which way you cut it, they are not fulfilling the role of their office. Doesn't matter if it works towards their ultimate goal...that just makes them a form of domestic terrorist operating to destroy our government from within.
    Once again there job IS to shut down the government. They think this is what will produce the most good. They want small government they represent people that want small government and they think the most successful way of show casing small government is with a shut down. So boo fucking who if your food and drugs get contaminated and inspections won't be done on polluters. Boo fucking who you can't go to NASAs website or the park. Or get your tax return or apply for a federally backed mortgage. Oh well those are not essential.

Posted On:
    10/02/2013 8:17pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    I'm either in or out, depending on which definition is used.
    Born after 1982 is what I typically see the drawing line at.

Posted On:
    10/02/2013 8:20pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    another article backing up what Goldmen was saying
    http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1...d-debt-default

Posted On:
    10/02/2013 8:20pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Born after 1982 is what I typically see the drawing line at.
    1983 is also often used in these parts (both which exclude me) although I have seen definitions from 1980.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2013 8:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Once again there job IS to shut down the government. They think this is what will produce the most good. They want small government they represent people that want small government and they think the most successful way of show casing small government is with a shut down. So boo fucking who if your food and drugs get contaminated and inspections won't be done on polluters. Boo fucking who you can't go to NASAs website or the park. Or get your tax return or apply for a federally backed mortgage. Oh well those are not essential.
    Congress only has a few specific and defined roles/responsibilities...implementing your personal ideology for the US government is not one of them...overseeing and disbursing public monies is. No matter how deluded they personally are, they are, objectively, refusing to do their jobs unless they get what they want. The job they swore to faithfully do when they accepted the office.

Fail.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2013 8:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Goldmen Sachs disagrees they say a shut down can be a good thiing
    http://www.businessinsider.com/goldm...ut-down-2013-9
    The articles are actually interesting...I don't think the ideologues are this savvy (I think they're nuts), but Boehner and some of the other repubs could be playing a face saving game so they don't have to go the distance on the debt ceiling front...