Sponsored Links Spacer Image

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    10/02/2013 11:26am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    The people's assholes will be the receiving the most damage. Except for the lazies. They're good to go.
    More damage than usual?

I just looked at my paystub for the month of September.

Less my retirement stuff and extra life insurance [a massive $16) monthobviously, I approve of saving for my own retirement!], 800 bucks came out of it. That's $5 an hour I'm paying in SS (which I strongly doubt I'll ever see a dime of), Medicare, state withholding, FICA, and withholding tax.

I'm just about in Depends land already. I'm heading rapidly towards colostomy territory.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Posted On:
    10/02/2013 11:30am

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    No. Moderation from either side just means more of the same. There's only a **** hair worth of difference between Democrats and Republicans to start with.
    I'd say a red **** hair's difference. Being the finest engineering measure known to humankind.

Posted On:
    10/02/2013 11:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    The parade of ignoramuses and intellectually dishonest predators that the Republican party put up was indicative of the weakness of their platform.

Suppressing the vote, trying to amend the constitution with bigotry, invasive vaginal probes, tying foreign aid to abortions, moon colony Newt, birther nonsense, wars of aggression, corruption, dangerous deregulation, massive bloating of the military budget, the list goes on. Too many bad ideas from the conservatives here.

Denying climate change, even evolution. Bumpkins shouldn't be running the world's most powerful nation.
    Not that I don't agree that those are problems, but this is exactly the thing Devil has been talking about. The liberals have their own fair share of intellectually dishonest platforms as well.

Posted On:
    10/02/2013 11:48am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    See, that's the scam. You've been taught the scare tactics of insurance companies. It is like car insurance. We pay for the shitty drivers, not the responsible ones. I think health insurance is necessary, but he is right in his poorly worded fashion.

My company foots my bill very well, but if you look at the out of pocket cost to spending ratio, the insurance company makes about $10,000 off my policy. Basically, we pay for the fear of what MIGHT happen, not for the years we are healthy.

You went worse case scenario.
    My insurance is covered as well. I'd rather have the cash up front (i.e., a LARGE pay raise, even after taxes), get catastrophic coverage, and pay out of pocket for normal medical expenses.

My ex-wife is a family doctor. We used to discuss health insurance, costs, etc etc. I asked her one time how she though would be the best way to lower health care costs.

"Get rid of the middleman, the insurance companies, got to cash or monthly payments if needed, and use a sliding scale for expenses".

The other thing was to nuke the drug companies, she hated pharmaceutical sales people, LOL.

Posted On:
    10/02/2013 11:54am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    My insurance is covered as well. I'd rather have the cash up front (i.e., a LARGE pay raise, even after taxes), get catastrophic coverage, and pay out of pocket for normal medical expenses.
    In many ways this is the best way to handle this. Normal medical expenses for a healthy individual are not to much. You can go see a Dr. or Nurse Practitioner usally for right about the $100 marker. We even get generic drugs from costco for less than a lot of peoples copays.

Certainly less than premium + deductible + copay.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2013 11:57am

Style: sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If only this was Australia 1975...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2013 12:27pm

Style: aikido

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It bothers me that every discussion about the government shoutdown I can find on the internet turns into a discussion of the merits of Obamacare, as this one seems to be doing. Whether Obamacare is a good or bad idea has nothing to do with this.

The only relevant question here is: is it okay for a minority to hold the entire federal government's finances hostage in order to get their way on an issue that they failed to win legitimately on the floor or in the courts? And the obvious answer is: no it fucking isn't.

Posted On:
    10/02/2013 12:34pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    And the obvious answer is: no it fucking isn't.
    The answer to that question will not be obvious until 2016. More so in the districts of the patriots who are standing up for what their specific electoric believes in.

Posted On:
    10/02/2013 12:35pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    In many ways this is the best way to handle this. Normal medical expenses for a healthy individual are not to much. You can go see a Dr. or Nurse Practitioner usally for right about the $100 marker. We even get generic drugs from costco for less than a lot of peoples copays.

Certainly less than premium + deductible + copay.
    My pay raise would be on the order of $12,000 per year gross. Say $8000 net...

Posted On:
    10/02/2013 12:37pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    It bothers me that every discussion about the government shoutdown I can find on the internet turns into a discussion of the merits of Obamacare, as this one seems to be doing. Whether Obamacare is a good or bad idea has nothing to do with this.

The only relevant question here is: is it okay for a minority to hold the entire federal government's finances hostage in order to get their way on an issue that they failed to win legitimately on the floor or in the courts? And the obvious answer is: no it fucking isn't.
    Yes, it is OK as part of the political process. Both parties do, have done, and will continue to do it. The American people need to take care of the problem at the ballot box, but, off topic, that's not so easy to do given the direction of our whole system.