Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2013 3:17am

Style: Wrestle, Kickbox, Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    For those that don't remember the last shutdown.

Harbinger of doom was the word. Turned out the economy took a short downfall, followed by a rise in the stock market.

If they're (congress, both sides) not working, we're (the people) not being reamed at the usual rate.

Both sides need to arrive at that 'come to Jesus' moment and try to meet in the middle. You fuckers looking at the benefits better ask yourselves -

When has any government plan fallen within budget?

Who amongst you trusts the government to head appoximately 1/7 of the US economy?

Why are the Republicans so head set against the implementation of the ACA?

Why are the Democrats and the current administration giving passes to the labor unions, congressional staffers, employers of 50 personnel or more, etc, etc, etc. WITHOUT giving the same to the individual's paying for this farce?

You people, young though ye may be, are being set up to pay a disproportionate percentage for the old, poor, lazy and those living with mom until twenty six. Oh yeah, I left out preexisting conditions.

Why no implementation in the law for crossing state borders, hence real competition?

Do you remember the five states given 'sweetheart deals' to get the Democrat senators to vote for the law way back when it passed with no Republican votes?

"We have to pass the bill so that you can see what is in it." said that perpetually looking surprised ****, Pelosi.

Both sides suck and are pandering to their constituency. How about a little compromise? Won't happen because our president is talking out of the side of his mouth when he offers to meet with the other side.

Shut the fucker down. It's only temporary anyway. Let the real brinksmanship begin.
    If you recall back to the original wheeling and dealing on ACA, Obama compromised the **** out of it. As a matter of fact, he came from a position of strength, and as his opening offer gave up several of the key provisions right off the bat (like the single payer system I've been mentioning, not to mention sweetheart deals for pharmaceutical and insurance lobbies, because he thought he had to to get the votes needed...despite having a supermajority for part of that time...because he wanted it to be "bipartisan")...and the last time the country was being held hostage like this I believe there is even a quote from Boehner stating they got 98% of what they (republicans) wanted.

And here we are again, with a clear minority of the legislature demanding 90+% of its next set of demands be met.

There is not equal blame here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2013 5:24am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the posts so far. One thing Iím curious about from living outside the US, is which political party is going end up the most damaged from this? Most of the press commentary that I have seen so far would indicate the Republicans and their vocal right wing are getting more flak than Obama. In the long term will this really count for anything? I would like to hope that all sides can compromise on this over the next few weeks, but the next Presidential election is a few years away. Will this help shoot the Republican party in the foot?

From what Iíve seen in UK elections when a party loses an election and they in reaction move to their extremes (either left wing or right wing), they fail to get elected as their extremes tend not to appeal to the mass of voters. (Iím thinking the Labour party in the 80ís under Michael Foot or the Conservatives after they got drubbed by Blair). What is the risk that the US electorate will abandon the Republicans in the next election?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/02/2013 7:56am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    For those that don't remember the last shutdown.

Harbinger of doom was the word. Turned out the economy took a short downfall, followed by a rise in the stock market.

If they're (congress, both sides) not working, we're (the people) not being reamed at the usual rate.

Both sides need to arrive at that 'come to Jesus' moment and try to meet in the middle. You fuckers looking at the benefits better ask yourselves -

When has any government plan fallen within budget?

Who amongst you trusts the government to head appoximately 1/7 of the US economy?

Why are the Republicans so head set against the implementation of the ACA?

Why are the Democrats and the current administration giving passes to the labor unions, congressional staffers, employers of 50 personnel or more, etc, etc, etc. WITHOUT giving the same to the individual's paying for this farce?

You people, young though ye may be, are being set up to pay a disproportionate percentage for the old, poor, lazy and those living with mom until twenty six. Oh yeah, I left out preexisting conditions.

Why no implementation in the law for crossing state borders, hence real competition?

Do you remember the five states given 'sweetheart deals' to get the Democrat senators to vote for the law way back when it passed with no Republican votes?

"We have to pass the bill so that you can see what is in it." said that perpetually looking surprised ****, Pelosi.

Both sides suck and are pandering to their constituency. How about a little compromise? Won't happen because our president is talking out of the side of his mouth when he offers to meet with the other side.

Shut the fucker down. It's only temporary anyway. Let the real brinksmanship begin.

Name:  denzel.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  16.2 KB

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/02/2013 8:00am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio View Post
    Thanks for the posts so far. One thing Iím curious about from living outside the US, is which political party is going end up the most damaged from this?
    The people's assholes will be the receiving the most damage. Except for the lazies. They're good to go.

:)

Posted On:
    10/02/2013 9:12am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Oh, you mean what I said to Boby? You can disregard that. I was just probing to see if he's had enough beers yet to be trolled into posting in red all caps 54 font.
    Translation:
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I can't intelligently address the specific provisions of the law, in any rational way.
    p.s. I swore off alcohol.

EDIT: Sadly for you, you're stuck old, bitter, and on the wrong side of history (again).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2013 10:14am

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the posts so far. One thing Iím curious about from living outside the US, is which political party is going end up the most damaged from this?
    Every poll I've seen so far indicates that more Americans are going to hold Republicans responsible for this mess than Democrats.

There is a certain segment of the population that is going to back the House Republicans on this for no other reason than because they back Republicans on everything. But the numbers indicate that everyone else sees what I see: a desperate minority trying to hold the country hostage to get their way on an issue they've already lost.

Posted On:
    10/02/2013 10:17am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the posts so far. One thing Iím curious about from living outside the US, is which political party is going end up the most damaged from this? Most of the press commentary that I have seen so far would indicate the Republicans and their vocal right wing are getting more flak than Obama.
    Republicans are going to get nearly all of the blame, from independents and democrat's. Tea Partiers don't see this as a bad thing and our taking ownership of it. So that leaves one group and that is the non tea party republicans a lot of them are blaming the tea party.

In the long term will this really count for anything?
    Only the 2016 elections beyond that nope.

I would like to hope that all sides can compromise on this over the next few weeks
    Their is nothing to compromise on its a binary decision. So its a matter of one side caving or not.
    Dems are secretly rejoicing at this ****. It makes the republicans look bad to the groups the Dems care about. It also in their mind show cases why we need all of these services.
    The Tea Party loves this ****, this is how they actually want the government to run full time. They believe this will show case how unimportant these services are.
    The non-Tea Party republicans hate this **** but don't have enough power to do anything about it.
    Independents don't have any representatives.

Will this help shoot the Republican party in the foot?
    More than likely. It makes the Party look really bad. Next presidential election is going to be a party election as Obama cannot rerun. The dems have a better 50 state strategy right now. This plays right into it.

From what Iíve seen in UK elections when a party loses an election and they in reaction move to their extremes (either left wing or right wing), they fail to get elected as their extremes tend not to appeal to the mass of voters. (Iím thinking the Labour party in the 80ís under Michael Foot or the Conservatives after they got drubbed by Blair). What is the risk that the US electorate will abandon the Republicans in the next election?
    The problem here for the republicans is that there candidates have to go so far to the right in the primaries and the primaries last so long and cost so much money. That coming back toward the middle is going to be really tough.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2013 10:37am

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    The problem here for the republicans is that there candidates have to go so far to the right in the primaries and the primaries last so long and cost so much money. That coming back toward the middle is going to be really tough.
    I think it's telling that in the last two presidential elections Republican voters have picked presidential nominees that the conservative elite thought weren't conservative enough. I think this shows a disconnect between what conservative American voters want and what the people funding and running America's conservative politics want.

We've seen it twice in a row now: Republican voters pick a more moderate nominee with a history of working with the other side, then the people holding the purse strings force him to adopt an unconvincing hardline conservative stance for his campaign and pick a hardline conservative running mate, then he loses decisively to Barack Obama, who frankly isn't a particularly strong candidate on any particular issue except maybe health care.

I think the Republicans could have won either of those elections if they'd wanted to. They're just more interested in holding onto an outdated ideology than they are in courting voters. And don't look now, but the favorite to be the next presidential nominee, Chris Christie, is another guy who isn't going to be conservative enough for the board of directors.

Posted On:
    10/02/2013 10:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder how the dems prelims are going to pan out.

I would love to see Jerry Brown run but he'd won't.
    Hillary is going to, question is who is going to run against her?

:)

Posted On:
    10/02/2013 10:51am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The parade of ignoramuses and intellectually dishonest predators that the Republican party put up was indicative of the weakness of their platform.

Suppressing the vote, trying to amend the constitution with bigotry, invasive vaginal probes, tying foreign aid to abortions, moon colony Newt, birther nonsense, wars of aggression, corruption, dangerous deregulation, massive bloating of the military budget, the list goes on. Too many bad ideas from the conservatives here.

Denying climate change, even evolution. Bumpkins shouldn't be running the world's most powerful nation.