• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/25/2013 7:50pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Douchebag of the month nominee

I just really don't know how to describe this fucktard other than douchebag.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...acial-remarks/

How do people like this get elected?? Seriously fucking how??

(CNN) - The GOP precinct chair of Buncombe County in North Carolina resigned Thursday after the state’s Republican Party called for his resignation over a racially-charged interview on Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show.”

In the interview, Don Yelton made racially charged remarks and said North Carolina’s new voter ID laws will “kick the Democrats in the butt.”

Yelton stepped down from his post in an interview on Asheville radio station WWNC.

“I resign my position as precinct chair. Gladly. I’ll give it up. To heck with it, I don’t want to be part of a group that is that mealy-mouthed and that gutless,” he said.

It all began when Yelton’s interview on Jon Stewart’s “The Daily Show” aired Wednesday night. The satirical news show did a segment on North Carolina’s new voter ID requirements that Republican Gov. Pat McCrory signed into law in August.

“The law is going to kick the Democrats in the butt,” Yelton said. “If it hurts a bunch of college kids too lazy to get up off their bohonkas and go get a photo ID, so be it. If it hurts the whites, so be it.”

“If it hurts a bunch of lazy blacks that want the government to give them everything, so be it,” he added.

While Yelton said in the interview he’s “been called a bigot before,” he argued in his defense that one of his best friends is black.

North Carolina Republican Party Chairman Claude Pope swiftly called for Yelton’s resignation.

“The North Carolina Republican Party finds the comments made by Mr. Yelton to be completely inappropriate and highly offensive,” Pope said in a statement, adding that Yelton “does not speak for either the Buncombe County Republican Party or the North Carolina Republican Party.”

Yelton told CNN affiliate WLOS on Thursday that he stands by his comments and brushed off any criticism.

“We can’t avoid these issues. We need to bring them up and talk about them,” he added.

On the radio show, Yelton went on to blast political correctness and reject the idea that he was hurting his party’s efforts at appealing to a wider audience or misrepresenting the GOP’s reasons for backing voter ID laws.

“They’re a bunch of chickens,” he said, referring to Republicans who disagree with his approach. “I’m embarrassed for the fact that they don’t stand up and fight for what’s right.”

Yelton said he doesn’t regret any of the statements he made on the “Daily Show” and adamantly contended he was not a racist.

“I am not racist, never have been, and the ability of the local people and the media and the outlets to twist this into a racist issue shows exactly how willing the people are to be taken advantage of,” he said.

CNN reached out to Yelton Friday morning, but he did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

In September, the Justice Department filed a lawsuit to block parts of the new North Carolina law, which requires voters to have a photo ID, shortens early voting, eliminates same-day voter registration during early voting and restricts the counting of some provisional ballots.

This summer the Supreme Court struck down a Voting Rights Act requirement for North Carolina and other states with a history of discrimination to get permission from the Justice Department or a federal judge before enacting voting law changes.

The high court’s decision gave the states the green light to proceed with voter ID laws, which critics say disproportionately affect minorities, while opponents say the regulations prevent voter fraud.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2013 9:38pm

Style: aikido

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't be a racist: I have a black friend! I love that one.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Bullshido - No BS MMA mobile app

Posted On:
    10/25/2013 9:57pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I have heaps of friends from other races, does that make me more, or less, racist than this guy? Does it go off quantity or quality of the friendships? I'm just trying to establish a baseline.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/25/2013 10:01pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TangSooDo/Yubiwaza

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    I can't be a racist: I have a black friend! I love that one.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Bullshido - No BS MMA mobile app
    What he meant was he USED to have a black friend.

Posted On:
    10/26/2013 10:19am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    How do people like this get elected?? Seriously fucking how??
    College educated blacks and lazy whites voted him?

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/26/2013 10:44am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    If I have heaps of friends from other races, does that make me more, or less, racist than this guy? Does it go off quantity or quality of the friendships? I'm just trying to establish a baseline.
    Since you pointed it out, more because he only has one.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/26/2013 3:02pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/30/2013 3:46am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh dear. I remember that interview being so painful to watch that I basically gave up half-way through. Glad to hear that he's out of the government, although the fact that those laws are still in existence is kinda saddening.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2013 10:59pm

Style: MARS, Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And that's what happens when you're too stupid to know you're stupid. Seriously.

I watched that episode and was like "This dude is gonna have to resign", lo and behold, he does. I love the whole "But some of my best friends are black!" argument, like every racist in America doesn't say that in public lol.

Well, maybe not Neo-Nazis or Imperial Wizards, but nobody listens to those fucks anyhow.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/07/2013 1:31am

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

Hell yeah! Hell no!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast