228277 Bullies, 4832 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 20
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. blindside is online now

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kennewick, WA
    Posts
    85

    Posted On:
    9/27/2013 6:28pm


     Style: Pekiti-Tirsia Kali

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Poi,
    I was wearing a black t-shirt and OD shorts, fencing helmet was black with a Viking helm design. I had the last fight if the day with Tim (cobra t-shirt). Looking at the pics it may not have been a pakal grip, but it was definitely a spinning attack. Sorry I didn't introduce myself, I will do so next year.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
  2. poidog is offline
    poidog's Avatar

    Competition Team Tag...yes?

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sanctum Sanctorum, SoCal
    Posts
    1,383

    Posted On:
    9/27/2013 10:32pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aahhh, the Viking mask, I absolutely remember - good showing, man. I'm almost certain it was pakal, but I could be mistaken. I look forward to seeing more of of your fighting at upcoming Gatherings.


    Aloha, Poi
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa
  3. Goddels is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    44

    Posted On:
    10/11/2013 12:08pm


     Style: FMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Around the world there are only 4 "Official" DB Gatherings, those of you interested in more stick fighting should be aware of Rene Cocolo's BTCOOC (Beat The Crap Out Of Cancer) event happening in Toronto, Los Angeles, Indiana, and London, England.

    Money collected will be going to Cancer research as decided by the host events. Rene has a FB page under that title for those of you who are more interested.

    Rene is a Full Dog Brother (Growling Dog) and is actively aided by the Canadian contingent as well as many others from other tribes on the east coast.
  4. Fuzzy is online now
    Fuzzy's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,004

    Posted On:
    10/11/2013 12:15pm


     Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goddels View Post
    Around the world there are only 4 "Official" DB Gatherings, those of you interested in more stick fighting should be aware of Rene Cocolo's BTCOOC (Beat The Crap Out Of Cancer) event happening in Toronto, Los Angeles, Indiana, and London, England.

    Money collected will be going to Cancer research as decided by the host events. Rene has a FB page under that title for those of you who are more interested.

    Rene is a Full Dog Brother (Growling Dog) and is actively aided by the Canadian contingent as well as many others from other tribes on the east coast.
    The London event seems to have fallen apart just FYI, or at least the organiser isn't giving any info on Facebook.

    Edit: Just re-checked the fb group, London is definitely not happening this year.
  5. Chili Pepper is online now
    Chili Pepper's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,209

    Posted On:
    10/11/2013 12:39pm


     Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goddels View Post
    Rene Cocolo's BTCOOC (Beat The Crap Out Of Cancer) event happening in Toronto, Los Angeles, Indiana, and London, England.
    I (and a few of my students) will be at the Toronto event - come out and hit me with a stick!

    (I'm the one wielding the staff)
  6. Permalost is online now
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,587

    Posted On:
    10/11/2013 12:53pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I should be at the LA event again this year. Had a great time last year.
  7. Goddels is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    44

    Posted On:
    10/16/2013 2:56pm


     Style: FMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Didn't know about the London event being cancelled.

    I also mistakenly said Indiana when in actuality it is Illinois.
  8. Chili Pepper is online now
    Chili Pepper's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,209

    Posted On:
    11/12/2013 12:58pm


     Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goddels View Post
    Around the world there are only 4 "Official" DB Gatherings, those of you interested in more stick fighting should be aware of Rene Cocolo's BTCOOC (Beat The Crap Out Of Cancer) event happening in Toronto, Los Angeles, Indiana, and London, England.
    Thought I should provide an update on this. The Toronto event had 68 fighters, and collected somewhere over $7000 for cancer research. I've no idea about other venues.

    Excellent time, with seminars by Phil "Sled Dog" Gelinas and Arlan "Salty Dog" Sanford the day before and the day after the fighting.

  9. blindside is online now

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kennewick, WA
    Posts
    85

    Posted On:
    11/14/2013 12:09pm


     Style: Pekiti-Tirsia Kali

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    Thought I should provide an update on this. The Toronto event had 68 fighters, and collected somewhere over $7000 for cancer research. I've no idea about other venues.

    Excellent time, with seminars by Phil "Sled Dog" Gelinas and Arlan "Salty Dog" Sanford the day before and the day after the fighting.
    How does fundraising work for the event? You just collect donations or is it a fightathon or something?
  10. Chili Pepper is online now
    Chili Pepper's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,209

    Posted On:
    11/14/2013 12:15pm


     Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by blindside View Post
    How does fundraising work for the event? You just collect donations or is it a fightathon or something?
    A combination of entry fees, seminar fees, and online donations. One participant challenged his students, that if they raised $1000, he'd teach wearing a pink gi and white belt for a week (and they did).

    The total between the three event locations is now somewhere around the $20,000 mark.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.