Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kennewick, WA
    Posts
    98
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Poi,
    I was wearing a black t-shirt and OD shorts, fencing helmet was black with a Viking helm design. I had the last fight if the day with Tim (cobra t-shirt). Looking at the pics it may not have been a pakal grip, but it was definitely a spinning attack. Sorry I didn't introduce myself, I will do so next year.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

  2. #12
    poidog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sanctum Sanctorum, SoCal
    Posts
    1,383
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aahhh, the Viking mask, I absolutely remember - good showing, man. I'm almost certain it was pakal, but I could be mistaken. I look forward to seeing more of of your fighting at upcoming Gatherings.


    Aloha, Poi
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    45
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Around the world there are only 4 "Official" DB Gatherings, those of you interested in more stick fighting should be aware of Rene Cocolo's BTCOOC (Beat The Crap Out Of Cancer) event happening in Toronto, Los Angeles, Indiana, and London, England.

    Money collected will be going to Cancer research as decided by the host events. Rene has a FB page under that title for those of you who are more interested.

    Rene is a Full Dog Brother (Growling Dog) and is actively aided by the Canadian contingent as well as many others from other tribes on the east coast.

  4. #14
    Fuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,185
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goddels View Post
    Around the world there are only 4 "Official" DB Gatherings, those of you interested in more stick fighting should be aware of Rene Cocolo's BTCOOC (Beat The Crap Out Of Cancer) event happening in Toronto, Los Angeles, Indiana, and London, England.

    Money collected will be going to Cancer research as decided by the host events. Rene has a FB page under that title for those of you who are more interested.

    Rene is a Full Dog Brother (Growling Dog) and is actively aided by the Canadian contingent as well as many others from other tribes on the east coast.
    The London event seems to have fallen apart just FYI, or at least the organiser isn't giving any info on Facebook.

    Edit: Just re-checked the fb group, London is definitely not happening this year.

  5. #15
    Chili Pepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,390
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goddels View Post
    Rene Cocolo's BTCOOC (Beat The Crap Out Of Cancer) event happening in Toronto, Los Angeles, Indiana, and London, England.
    I (and a few of my students) will be at the Toronto event - come out and hit me with a stick!

    (I'm the one wielding the staff)

  6. #16
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    13,092
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I should be at the LA event again this year. Had a great time last year.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    45
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Didn't know about the London event being cancelled.

    I also mistakenly said Indiana when in actuality it is Illinois.

  8. #18
    Chili Pepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,390
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goddels View Post
    Around the world there are only 4 "Official" DB Gatherings, those of you interested in more stick fighting should be aware of Rene Cocolo's BTCOOC (Beat The Crap Out Of Cancer) event happening in Toronto, Los Angeles, Indiana, and London, England.
    Thought I should provide an update on this. The Toronto event had 68 fighters, and collected somewhere over $7000 for cancer research. I've no idea about other venues.

    Excellent time, with seminars by Phil "Sled Dog" Gelinas and Arlan "Salty Dog" Sanford the day before and the day after the fighting.


  9. #19

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kennewick, WA
    Posts
    98
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    Thought I should provide an update on this. The Toronto event had 68 fighters, and collected somewhere over $7000 for cancer research. I've no idea about other venues.

    Excellent time, with seminars by Phil "Sled Dog" Gelinas and Arlan "Salty Dog" Sanford the day before and the day after the fighting.
    How does fundraising work for the event? You just collect donations or is it a fightathon or something?

  10. #20
    Chili Pepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,390
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by blindside View Post
    How does fundraising work for the event? You just collect donations or is it a fightathon or something?
    A combination of entry fees, seminar fees, and online donations. One participant challenged his students, that if they raised $1000, he'd teach wearing a pink gi and white belt for a week (and they did).

    The total between the three event locations is now somewhere around the $20,000 mark.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO