228912 Bullies, 4179 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 22
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,157

    Posted On:
    9/24/2013 9:38am


     

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Any the funny thing is that the government just made it even cooler to train in Pencak Silat!! I never really cared much about Silat, but now that it's illegal because it's too deadly, I suddenly want to learn it!
    And it has the most "live" training there is with true death matches.
  2. ermghoti is online now
    ermghoti's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    2,227

    Posted On:
    9/24/2013 10:14am


     Style: BJJ+Sanda

    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In a related story, tuition at every silat school in the world just went up 350%.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
  3. OwlMatt is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    890

    Posted On:
    9/24/2013 10:17am


     Style: aikido

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Any the funny thing is that the government just made it even cooler to train in Pencak Silat!! I never really cared much about Silat, but now that it's illegal because it's too deadly, I suddenly want to learn it!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    In a related story, tuition at every silat school in the world just went up 350%.
    I see your point, but the ban isn't about how dangerous silat is; it's about how the silat clubs can't figure out how to act like grownups. If they're going to be street gangs, then at least the government can take away their legally sanctioned power to recruit new members out in the open.

    That said, I can't help thinking that part of the problem here is weak law enforcement. The reason the aforementioned Black Dragon thing didn't devolve into a full-blown feud is that the people stirring **** up got put in prison after the first incident.
    Last edited by OwlMatt; 9/24/2013 10:55am at .
  4. ermghoti is online now
    ermghoti's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    2,227

    Posted On:
    9/24/2013 12:02pm


     Style: BJJ+Sanda

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I get that, I clicked the story saying WTF, and that was all covered.

    That said, there is no way somebody isn't painting "TOO D34DL33 4 TEEMORE" on their wall as we speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
  5. Diesel_tke is offline
    Diesel_tke's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,005

    Posted On:
    9/24/2013 3:44pm

    supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    I see your point, but the ban isn't about how dangerous silat is; it's about how the silat clubs can't figure out how to act like grownups. If they're going to be street gangs, then at least the government can take away their legally sanctioned power to recruit new members out in the open.

    That said, I can't help thinking that part of the problem here is weak law enforcement. The reason the aforementioned Black Dragon thing didn't devolve into a full-blown feud is that the people stirring **** up got put in prison after the first incident.
    That's what the government wants you to think.
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.
  6. Vieux Normand is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,271

    Posted On:
    9/27/2013 1:53pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    They're basically banning their own heritage because of a few douchebags. You sure this isn't England??
    Somebody, on the other side of the pond, knows a surprising amount re: recent European history.
  7. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,157

    Posted On:
    9/27/2013 3:59pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    Somebody, on the other side of the pond, knows a surprising amount re: recent European history.
    It's because I care about my European brothers my ancestors are from that part of the world. I want Europe to share in our freedoms.
  8. scipio is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Slough
    Posts
    529

    Posted On:
    9/28/2013 1:26am


     Style: Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    It's because I care about my European brothers my ancestors are from that part of the world. I want Europe to share in our freedoms.
    I know, those poor downtrodden Belgians.....
  9. Vieux Normand is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,271

    Posted On:
    9/28/2013 1:35pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio View Post
    I know, those poor downtrodden Belgians.....
    And so they shall remain until they recognize the true centre of the universe: Slough.
  10. TheMightyMcClaw is offline
    TheMightyMcClaw's Avatar

    MADE OF STEEL!

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    3,442

    Posted On:
    9/29/2013 1:20am

    supporting member
     Style: MMA

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thought of a Silat player actually being willing to step up and fight someone else is the more mind-blowing part for me.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.