Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. #11
    ermghoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    2,782
    7
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Everybody kotegaeshis.
    Name:  poop.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  12.5 KB
    "Your body must be like a stone, your mind... like a meatloaf."

    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.

  2. #12
    Holy Moment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    4,932
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There've been a few good ninjers...



    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/vbtu...be&tubeid=1039

  3. #13
    You have to work the look. supporting member
    CrackFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bat Country
    Posts
    3,077
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The impression I've gotten from the Akban guys is that instead of taking ninjutsu and training it in a more real manner, they take real stuff and train it in a more ninjutsu manner.

    Also, they talk a lot of **** - claiming that they do 24 hour randori sessions and the like.

  4. #14
    PointyShinyBurn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    4,220
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    Its not like aikido, more like Japanese jujitsu, with all those complicated escapes from a stationary position.
    Those techniques, apart from the wrist lock, are all taught and used in wrestling. This just isn't a particularly good demo of them.

    erezb, as usual you have no idea what you're talking about.

  5. #15
    Holy Moment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    4,932
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, they talk a lot of **** - claiming that they do 24 hour randori sessions and the like.
    24 hours of light point sparring. Hardkore.



    Meanwhile...

    http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage...ll-24-Workouts

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Southeast WI
    Posts
    892
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    The impression I've gotten from the Akban guys is that instead of taking ninjutsu and training it in a more real manner, they take real stuff and train it in a more ninjutsu manner.

    Also, they talk a lot of **** - claiming that they do 24 hour randori sessions and the like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    24 hours of light point sparring. Hardkore.



    Meanwhile...

    http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage...ll-24-Workouts
    Wasn't there a thread about this?

  7. #17
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Delray Beach
    Posts
    1,611
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    There've been a few good ninjers...



    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/vbtu...be&tubeid=1039
    Ahh, the good ol' days. Best part of that fight was that nobody - including Steve Jennum - knew what Steve Jennum was doing.

  8. #18
    Holy Moment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    4,932
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahh, the good ol' days. Best part of that fight was that nobody - including Steve Jennum - knew what Steve Jennum was doing.
    He actually seemed to have a pretty good rough-cut strategy for back in the day. Most guys at the time didn't last that long when you just took them down and pounded them, which is what Jennum did to Harold Howard. Bowen was much harder to finish because he was actually a fighter.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    86
    6
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    'We have made ninjitsu suck less by including as much Judo as possible!"

    "Well... why wouldn't we just train Judo...?"

    "Pfft. And give up our sweet black matrix-ninjer costumes!? **** that!"

  10. #20
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Delray Beach
    Posts
    1,611
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    He actually seemed to have a pretty good rough-cut strategy for back in the day. Most guys at the time didn't last that long when you just took them down and pounded them, which is what Jennum did to Harold Howard. Bowen was much harder to finish because he was actually a fighter.
    All I'm saying is that it's remarkable that 8-track was state-of-the-art, at one point. That, and, ninjas suck.

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO