Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    9/17/2013 6:57pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heh, I've been telling my son for years that sugar makes you weak. It hasn't stopped him from asking for dessert after dinner, but he typically eats a very small amount of dessert. He never gets sugar at lunch or breakfast. He also very rarely gets to drink soda. Once in a while I'll let him have one of those natural root beers or an Izze.

So, I was recently simultaneously pleased and embarrassed when his friend's mother told me the following story after he spent the night at his friend's house. For breakfast, she offered them one of those super sugary cereals. I think it was Fruit Loops. Horrified, my son asked if his friend's mother loved him, and if she did, why was she giving him a breakfast filled with sugar?

Posted On:
    9/17/2013 7:27pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And if more people's kids were like yours, there'd be less of other people's kids.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/17/2013 7:45pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    9/17/2013 8:14pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Sugar isn't even the main fucking problem high fatty foods are way the **** worse. For Christ sake soda only has 140 calories per can you have to drink a **** ton to get fat. Living proof I drink a **** ton of soda and only weigh 175. Look at any morbidly obese fucker and then look at the amount of fucking goo they eat. Anything on the planet will kill you if you overdo it by 12,000%. People need to learn moderation.
    The last part of this is correct, but there have been all sorts of studies that show a correlation between the rise of sugars and other carbohydrates in the human diet, and the decline of health; especially in the fossil record of the human race.

Sugar flat-out wrecks your endocrine system in enough amounts, and our species never evolved to process it in large quantities.

Fat, however, is what our ancestors sought out, going so far as to crack bones for their marrow and smash in skulls to get fatty brain tissue.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    9/18/2013 1:07am

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One word...

Sugar Tax

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2013 6:19am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    Do you think it's a secret that cola is bad for you?

I really think most people are uninformed. I think also it is by design as well but that is something that belongs in another forum.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2013 6:51am

Style: JKD / Systema

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would like to agree completely that sugar is addictive.

I would also like to say, mainly directed at Bneterasedmynam, consuming a ton of sugar and not getting fat doesn't mean you aren't guna get diabetes. I use to go through a liter bucket of mnm's in like, a fuckin week, and similar things that are just as bad and I've been 60kgs since I was 15 years old and stayed that way till I was 25.

I eat as little sugar as possible now but the point I'm trying to make is you can be fit on the outside and have fucked organs. -thumbs up-

Posted On:
    9/18/2013 10:17am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedle Avenger View Post
    I would like to agree completely that sugar is addictive.

I would also like to say, mainly directed at Bneterasedmynam, consuming a ton of sugar and not getting fat doesn't mean you aren't guna get diabetes. I use to go through a liter bucket of mnm's in like, a fuckin week, and similar things that are just as bad and I've been 60kgs since I was 15 years old and stayed that way till I was 25.

I eat as little sugar as possible now but the point I'm trying to make is you can be fit on the outside and have fucked organs. -thumbs up-
    Ok, but I never said that eating a ton of sugar couldn't give you health problems. And your point about diabetes is fucktarded, it's possible to eat healthy and get diabetes. Yes there are ways to increase those odds, but that had **** all to do with my point about OBESITY. Here's the thing sugar isn't a new element it's been around for a long time, and people have been consuming it for ages. Our previous generations have had more natural sugar in their food and those fuckers seem to live forever (damn old people). Sugar is nothing more than the new demon for hipsters to bitch about. This idea of over nitpicking everything for the sake of health is just retarded. Should we exercise and eat better sure we should, but there's no reason to go overboard with it, Jack LaLanne tried it and he still died. Bob Hope did the opposite and still seemed to live forever. Again my word is moderation.

Posted On:
    9/18/2013 10:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fat-kid.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	15421
    Is he practicing sumo?? His parents are killing him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/19/2013 3:08pm

Style: judo, boxing -noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I read the first few posts. Wish I hadn't. I had to search for the word 'obese' in dictionary.

When I was young we simply said 'Hey you fat fu+ktard, I think you should stuff a carrot where that BigMac just went a bit more often.'

Instead of:

'Hey obese gentleman, could you haul your load here so I can tell you how I think you should watch over your dietary and exercise habbits a bit closer?'
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast