Posted On:9/16/2013 9:11pm
Zuffa launched UFC Select on Youtube, a while back. It's been popping up in my "suggested for," stuff for a couple of weeks, and last week I started my 14-day free trial.
1) Inexpensive. at USD $5.99/month, the price is tough to beat
2) Action, action, action. I guess the "select," part is just that - outside of the TUF vids, pretty much every fight is a bang-fest with a great KO or a devastating submission.
3) Lots of great old Pride fights - it's amazing to watch some of these 10-year old or older MMA fights, particularly because the commentary is so much better, these days (now that Joe Rogan has a BJJ black belt and sorta-kinda knows what he's talking about).
4) Playlists - just click a list and watch commercial-free uninterrupted TUF, Pride, UFC for as long as you can stay awake.
5) Pretty much a recap of #2, but there are some really awesome fights that don't get to see much of during regular UFC programming - some really great lightweight, featherweight, even flyweight matches in here.
6) If you can manage to watch all the vids in the trial period, it's free!!!11!1
1) Lack of content. I'm about a week in, and I've watched several fights every night. The end is nigh - there have only been a handful of new fights uploaded since I started my trial. I don't think I'll make it through my first paid month before I run out of videos (136 as of this writing).
2) Youtube only allows this on your gmail-gplus-linked identity.
Well, that's about it. If nothing else, it's enough to tide me over until the next seasons of Breaking Bad and Borgia find their way onto Netflix.
Kel-Tec PF9 | Ruger P95 | Jimenez JA22 | Belly Band | How do spelchek? | Why carry concealed?
Articles and Reviews
Tools and Info