232845 Bullies, 3943 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

IJF Bans Judo Players from Non-Judo Competition

"Any Judoka classified in the <<IJF rankings list>> is not authorized to take part in any international competition of any combat sport, other than Judo, unless specific(ly) authorized by IJF."

Those were the words in an email from the International Judo Federation, which according to insiders, has been steadily making moves to separate itself from the rest of the grappling world.

Do you think Ronda Rousey's going to get permission to defend her title?
    -Editor

...has all your Jing.

Posted On:
    11/18/2014 8:34am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, baby! Yeah!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the **** out of you.
    And when the ****'s been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

"So in short, BJJ wins again. BJJ, and chainmail." - TheMightyMcClaw

"On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

"You entered the lions' den. Don't bitch if you get eaten." - danniboi07

"Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

"Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP : Saying it how it is!

Posted On:
    11/18/2014 8:48am

Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    11/18/2014 9:24am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, but this is a news thread that doesn't link to those hack, content-swiping assholes at BJJEE.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2014 10:09am

Style: Standup, Ground-fighting

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't wait for BJJ to become an Olympic sport, so that the only legal technique will be the flying armbar (the audiences love 'em), and so that BJJ will finally be free of the toxic influence of MMA / any other normalizing influence of reality.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    11/18/2014 3:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As I read it, it bans them (IJF ranked judoka) from INTERNATIONAL competition in other combat sports.

Not for example, myself competing in even a "national level" BJJ, wrestling, karate, or whatever competition.

Not sure what International means in the context of the letter, they will have to issue some clarification. For example, can I compete in a Canadian BJJ tournament ? Can Travis Stevens go to Vancouver and compete ?

BJJ doesn't really have any sort of recognized international federation, either.

This isn't the end of the world for Judo. It IS an example of the IJF protecting their "brand", though, and is consistent with their overall behavior.
    Falling for Judo since 1980