Page 2 of 10 First 123456 ... Last
  1. #11
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,443
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    That's just trying to be honest and succinct.
    I can't believe you typed this concerning the me first media. The media could say camouflage gear, hunting gear, survival gear or a few other things that avoid hyperbole and misinformation.

    It's the same hyperbole as the "assault" label.

  2. #12
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Delray Beach
    Posts
    1,611
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @WTOP reporting that Aaron Alexis of Texas is one dead shooter.

    (edit)
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I can't believe you typed this concerning the me first media. The media could say camouflage gear, hunting gear, survival gear or a few other things that avoid hyperbole and misinformation.

    It's the same hyperbole as the "assault" label.
    To be fair, it seems DCPD used the term first.
    Last edited by submessenger; 9/16/2013 2:54pm at .

  3. #13
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,443
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post

    To be fair, it seems DCPD used the term first.
    I am 100% sure you didn't understand my post. I am talking about the media being "honest" and "succinct" by using that description.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Southeast WI
    Posts
    892
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I can't believe you typed this concerning the me first media. The media could say camouflage gear, hunting gear, survival gear or a few other things that avoid hyperbole and misinformation.

    It's the same hyperbole as the "assault" label.
    But the media never saw the guy. They probably didn't have the kind of specific information that you're talking about. What they probably did have was a few witnesses who said the guy looked like he was in uniform. They said "military-style" to allow for the possibility that the shooter wasn't actually a serviceman.

    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    @WTOP reporting that Aaron Alexis of Texas is one dead shooter.
    34-year-old former Navy electrician. Two previous arrests, one of which was for discharging a firearm in public. No word yet on a motive.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,579
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    But the media never saw the guy. They probably didn't have the kind of specific information that you're talking about. What they probably did have was a few witnesses who said the guy looked like he was in uniform. They said "military-style" to allow for the possibility that the shooter wasn't actually a serviceman.



    34-year-old former Navy electrician. Two previous arrests, one of which was for discharging a firearm in public. No word yet on a motive.
    So this could end up being nothing more than a disgruntled fucktard attack. People really need to learn better ways to deal with emotions.

  6. #16
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Delray Beach
    Posts
    1,611
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I am 100% sure you didn't understand my post. I am talking about the media being "honest" and "succinct" by using that description.
    I see how you get there from my post. Thanks.

  7. #17
    Rivington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    East Bay, CA
    Posts
    4,803
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I can't believe you typed this concerning the me first media. The media could say camouflage gear, hunting gear, survival gear or a few other things that avoid hyperbole and misinformation.

    Sure, unless they had cobbled together some dress uniforms to better sneak around. Any photos yet?

  8. #18
    Diesel_tke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,005
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another white guy freaks out for feeling sorry for himself and goes on a shooting rampage. WTF! Why is it always the white dudes?

    Well, either way, it was the gun's fault. So ban them motherfuckers!
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

  9. #19
    Rivington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    East Bay, CA
    Posts
    4,803
    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was a black guy and a white guy—one of whom is named Aaron Alexis—wasn't it? Clearly, they went nuts in the spirit of interracial cooperation!
    Last edited by Rivington; 9/16/2013 3:47pm at .

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Southeast WI
    Posts
    892
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    It was a black guy and a white guy—one of whom is named Aaron Alexis—wasn't it? Clearly, they went nuts in the spirit of interracial cooperation!
    The more I read, the more it sounds like Alexis was the one shooter and the others they were looking for were just precautionary people of interest.

Page 2 of 10 First 123456 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO