Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yours truly

Posted On:
    9/14/2013 6:32pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!

VG6 Gamma and new product, Delta full auto

We did some product testing today, including a new product that I haven't announced anywhere else. We've been working with VG6 to develop a new flash suppressor called the VG6 Delta. Let's call this an unofficial, bullshido exclusive announcement. Please don't spread the links to the video too much. Its uploaded to my personal page, and it is unedited.

The Products

As you know, the VG6 Gamma is a recoil reducing and compensating tactical muzzle device. Two things sets it apart from competitors. It has the dimensions of an A2 birdcage flashhider, yet it performs very very well. Most high performance brakes are in the 1.5" length category. The Gamma manages to outperform many larger muzzle brakes, while retaining its compact size. The second feature that is notable is that the back blast and noise levels are pretty mild, especially for the shooter. It is available in 5.56mm/.223rem and .300AAC Blackout.

The VG6 Delta is a completely different beast. Its primary function is flash suppression. It has compensating features as well. Too bad this was a daytime test, but we do know from earlier nigttime testing that it does its job very, very well. To me it looks super sexy, and it has a unique look, but we can't release detailed photos just yet. We'll get them up when we are closer to our release date.

My really unscientific rating of the Delta's compesating feature is as follows: noticeably better than the A2 flashhider, very slightly better than the K2's flashhider. Flash hiding features are on par with the best flashhiders on the market.

Here is a photo from an ealier test
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flashhider.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	15417

The Videos
    I thought the contrast was interesting. Even though the Gamma's blast and muzzle flash is relatively mild (especially considering that the rifle is an 11.5" SBR), you can tell that it is still a muzzle brake. The Delta, on the other hand effectively eliminates muzzle flash. On the other hand, you can see that the Delta isn't really a recoil reducing device. I kept all the rounds in a big-man sized area with the Gamma. The muzzle climb made that a bit more difficult with the Delta.

Too bad I'm not that good at tactical rifle shooting. If you watch competitor product advertisements, the guns hardly move at all. Someone like TGace can make a standard AR-15 with an A2 flashhider stand completely still in a mag dump. Either way, you can still see the huge difference in the two videos; easier to tell when you have a sucky shooter like me behind the trigger.

Anyways, here are the videos. Please ignore how fat I've gotten. Enjoy!

VG6 Gamma 556

VG6 Delta Prototype
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Yours truly

Posted On:
    9/14/2013 6:36pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Side note: I am quite happy that the carbine weight buffer worked alright on this rifle. The .300BLK wouldn't go full auto: I think I have bolt bounce issues with the .300BLK upper. I kind of want to find ways to up the ROF on this rifle to really take advantage of the VG6 Gamma 556
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms