Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/17/2013 8:06am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Here's his FMA Talk interview, I'm not quite sure what to make of it.
    Anything in it hint at what was coming up?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2013 8:18am

Style: DocePares/MMA(YawYan)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    Anything in it hint at what was coming up?
    Not that I could hear, although he did come across as quite arrogant (IMO of course) and borderline insulting at one point regarding a tournament one of the hosts had just run.

I have no idea though, never met the guy or been involved in PTK in any way.

Posted On:
    9/17/2013 9:43am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Not that I could hear, although he did come across as quite arrogant (IMO of course) and borderline insulting at one point regarding a tournament one of the hosts had just run.

I have no idea though, never met the guy or been involved in PTK in any way.
    I've watched some of his instructional DVDs. He tends to make assertions as to why X is the absolute correctest way in the world to do something, but never provides any reason why, which I found annoying.

Also, do not make a drinking game out of how many times he uses the verb "execute" or you will swiftly find yourself blue-blind paralytic drunk.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2013 3:49am

Style: DocePares/MMA(YawYan)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now this is interesting, almost the exact same letter, with the names and style changed, has just been posted on a Facebook group I follow.

Is this a common form letter for this type of thing in FMA politics?

Quote Originally Posted by GM Henderson
    "The following is an official statement from the leadership of Magkuno-Diamondback Eskrima
    Please let it be known that Lee Mackey is no longer recognized as a representative or legitimate instructor of Magkuno-Diamondback Eskrima. He is no longer authorized to teach under the banner of Magkuno-Diamondback Eskrima and must remove all references of himself as a part of Magkuno-Diamondback Eskrima. Lee Mackey is no longer authorized to use any version of the Magkuno-Diamondback Eskrima name and logo or that of Grand Maestro Greg Henderson in any way.
    Any future certifications and promotions by Lee Mackey of students, instructors, groups, and schools past the date of this announcement are not valid. These future certifications and promotions will not be recognized by Grand Maestro Greg Henderson or the Magkuno-Diamondback Eskrima community.
    Despite being given several warnings and second chances by Grand Maestro Greg Henderson and Magkuno-Diamondback Eskrima Lee Mackey has continued the destructive behavior below:
    Lee Mackey has continuously been discourteous and disrespectful to Grand Maestro Greg Henderson as well as other instructors of Magkuno-Diamondback Eskrima. He has repeatedly manipulated the trust of members of the Magkuno-Diamondback Eskrima community. His actions have undermined efforts made by others to unite the Magkuno-Diamondback Eskrima community. This includes purposely dividing the loyalties of students in the Magkuno-Diamondback Eskrima community for his personal gain.
    Lee Mackey has hindered the positive growth and collaborative efforts of the Magkuno-Diamondback Eskrima community by making personal attacks on other officially recognized instructors. He has misrepresented his authority by falsely claiming that he is the only source for authentic Magkuno-Diamondback Eskrima. Furthermore, Lee Mackey has created bad relations with other martial arts styles and organizations by directly insulting members of those communities while representing his views as those of the Magkuno-Diamondback Eskrima community.
    This action of terminating the relationship of Lee Mackey and Magkuno-Diamondback Eskrima is an effort to protect the trust and camaraderie of the Magkuno-Diamondback Eskrima community, maintain the positive values of the Magkuno-Diamondback Eskrima community, and prevent bad relations with the entire martial arts community. We hope that this action will keep the future of Magkuno-Diamondback Eskrima growing in a positive direction.
    Effective Immediately"

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    9/18/2013 7:33am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Saw this coming a mile away.

Posted On:
    9/18/2013 11:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander View Post
    Saw this coming a mile away.
    Which part? I'd always wondered about the internal structure of PTK, since I'd seen Waid being referred to as the top guy under Gaje, but I'd also seen that Phil "Sled Dog" Gelinas was supposed to be top-ranked. Figured since the two of them were willing to be seen together, it was something like "Oh, yes, well he is the top ranked practitioner in this PTK sub-division, not that one."

Posted On:
    9/18/2013 11:32am

supporting memberstaff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    Which part? I'd always wondered about the internal structure of PTK, since I'd seen Waid being referred to as the top guy under Gaje, but I'd also seen that Phil "Sled Dog" Gelinas was supposed to be top-ranked. Figured since the two of them were willing to be seen together, it was something like "Oh, yes, well he is the top ranked practitioner in this PTK sub-division, not that one."
    One cannot simply set up a personality cult within a personality cult.

Sardonic or Sarcastic?

Posted On:
    9/18/2013 7:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Filipino Kun Tao, Kali

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't help but think that Tuhon Bill McGrath is somewhere chuckling softly to himself and saying "If they'll do it with you, they'll do it to you."
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    I would so do Buttsecks.

Posted On:
    9/19/2013 7:20am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey Badger View Post
    I can't help but think that Tuhon Bill McGrath is somewhere chuckling softly to himself and saying "If they'll do it with you, they'll do it to you."
    I think those situations may be a bit different, but in the end, pretty much.

Posted On:
    12/13/2013 3:11am

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggle Butt View Post
    I think those situations may be a bit different, but in the end, pretty much.
    Apparently this all went down in Austin, and I completely didn't notice because I was frankly too high on my pain meds/more concerned about my surgery.

I really wish FMA had the attitude in Sambo/Judo of "everyone trains with everyone"
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast