Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    9/13/2013 2:01am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know much about boxing, but hand picked? Really? Do they box in different weight classes or are the boxer records so carefully maintained that a dude that has fought only guys with impressive winning records at the time had ducks for dinner instead of real competition? Collective opponent records since the last chump (2008-03-14 Francisco Villanueva 4-14-2) is 575-81-25.

He won all of those 23 matches, 15 of them with KO or TKO.

Teach me in the ways of boxing mates.
    Last edited by hpr; 9/13/2013 2:05am at .
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    9/14/2013 9:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    I just want to see Mayweather bleed.

Lord knows he deserves it.
    Amen.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2013 3:07pm

Style: Youtube-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff View Post
    Saúl Álvarez has red hair!
    Yes, why is this a big deal.
    Prediction:Canelo (Cinnamon) is going to **** up mayweather and I'm getting drunk tonight.
    Expect mostly jabs the whole fight through.

Posted On:
    9/14/2013 4:53pm

Style: bjj/judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hpr View Post
    I don't know much about boxing, but hand picked? Really? Do they box in different weight classes or are the boxer records so carefully maintained that a dude that has fought only guys with impressive winning records at the time had ducks for dinner instead of real competition? Collective opponent records since the last chump (2008-03-14 Francisco Villanueva 4-14-2) is 575-81-25.

He won all of those 23 matches, 15 of them with KO or TKO.

Teach me in the ways of boxing mates.
    Boxing records are highly inflated. If you show promise and look like you could draw in public attention you spend years fighting opponents no where near your skill level.

Mayweather is his own promoter, literally and figuratively. He's smart enough both in and out of the ring to judge whats going to sell tickets while keeping his legacy safe.

Stylistically, Canelo doesn't match up. He will punch himself out and Mayweather will cruise to an easy decision. Unless of course, time has finally caught up with him and he's too prideful to admit it. He's retired(briefly) before though, has a business waiting for him when he's through fighting. I think he'll get out long before his skills erode.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/14/2013 8:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do any of you recall the days when you could listen to the big fights on the radio ?
    Not satellite radio..regular radio.
    Its a bitch that you can't anymore, at least not up here.
    The last fight I remember listening to live on the radio was Mike Tyson V Frank Bruno back in probably 1989 or 1990.
    Does anyone know of any satellite radio stations that cover boxing ?
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    9/15/2013 12:27am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well... that wasnt at all surprising. all the haters at my gym gonna be eating **** tomorrow.

edit- the one ref who gave it a draw is a fuckwit. seriously, sack that guy right now.

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    9/15/2013 9:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldiermedic View Post
    Boxing records are highly inflated. If you show promise and look like you could draw in public attention you spend years fighting opponents no where near your skill level.

Mayweather is his own promoter, literally and figuratively. He's smart enough both in and out of the ring to judge whats going to sell tickets while keeping his legacy safe.

Stylistically, Canelo doesn't match up. He will punch himself out and Mayweather will cruise to an easy decision. Unless of course, time has finally caught up with him and he's too prideful to admit it. He's retired(briefly) before though, has a business waiting for him when he's through fighting. I think he'll get out long before his skills erode.
    Thanks for the explanation. I watched the match and it was a pretty damn one sided event.

Posted On:
    9/15/2013 10:05am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I dozed on the couch, and woke at 3:45AM but the main event wasn't yet on so I went back to doze some more and it came on at 5:30AM. I'm going to pay for that tomorrow when I try to get up for work.

As our commentator (John Rawlings) said, the public are hoping for a least Mayweather to be knocked down. This in the last third of the bout. Canelo did well and he comes out of it without injury and $Millions richer, so he'll survive to live again. I still admire his skill and style. Mayweather was technically superb as he is frequently.

I did have an idea that Canelo might catch him with a long Right but that must have been wishful thinking. Kenny Bayless did admonish Alvarez for hitting around the Back of Floyd. Bayless was quite wrong. Floyd was so turned to his Side, that punching to the Short Ribs was perfectly reasonable. It does not mean that Alvarez was targeting the Kidneys.

The lady with the 114-114 might have been watching the bout in the Bar.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    9/15/2013 12:01pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
    The lady with the 114-114 might have been watching the bout in the Bar.
    Same lady scored Pacquiao-Bradley (in favor of Bradley).

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/9/15...draw-bad-score

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    9/15/2013 2:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the tears of butthurt at work this morning were like nectar. dat shoulder roll.

and that lady needs to be fired. whos dick is she sucking? (Arums is my guess)
    Last edited by alex; 9/15/2013 2:54pm at .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast