Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread: Systema Trek

  1. #1
    Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly. hall of famestaff
    Stick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Washington DC. USA
    Posts
    7,949
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Systema Trek



    Honestly, I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if this turd has been dropped here before as it's from April, I just didn't manage to sniff it out.



    Interesting side note: tinypic has become utterly unusable in it's desperate reach for profitability.

  2. #2
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    13,092
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Psh, the other guy didn't even TRY to counter with tomoe nage!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    645
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aaaaagh, it's not called the "Spock Pinch" you morons!!! If you're going to steal fictional techniques to LARP your d34dly with at least get the fucking name right!

  4. #4
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    13,092
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ryabko's really more shaped to demonstrate Kirk's techniques.

  5. #5
    Holy Moment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    4,923
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

  6. #6
    Chili Pepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,389
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In Shatner's autobiography, he talks about some altercation at an amusement park where things were getting physical. At some point, he was gearing up to do his Captain Kirk double jump kick, and realized oh wait ... these guys are not stuntmen paid to fall down, and swiftly started working on de-escalating the situation.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,487
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been on these forums for about a decade. I've read dozens of threads dedicated to Systema.

    I still cannot for the life of me understand how people can defend this claptrap. If that pressure point actually existed, inexperienced massage therapists would routinely knock out their clients.

  8. #8
    Resonance10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SarfLondon UK
    Posts
    795
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    I've been on these forums for about a decade. I've read dozens of threads dedicated to Systema.

    I still cannot for the life of me understand how people can defend this claptrap. If that pressure point actually existed, inexperienced massage therapists would routinely knock out their clients.

    Yep.
    It does hurt if someone gets a good dug in grip in those areas but it's easy to nullify unless your a Pavlovian ***** bitch like the 'reciever' in the vid. They are training Pavlovian responses, when your natural flinch response would serve to free you in most cases.

  9. #9
    slamdunc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,303
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Psh, the other guy didn't even TRY to counter with tomoe nage!
    Quote Originally Posted by Resonance10 View Post
    it's easy to nullify unless your a Pavlovian ***** bitch like the 'reciever' in the vid. They are training Pavlovian responses, when your natural flinch response would serve to free you in most cases.
    That is exactly what I was thinking. First off, there is no way I would posture myself for him to gain position on me. At this range, as soon as he reached, he'd be busy eating about ten dirty knee strikes.


  10. #10
    Holy Moment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    4,923
    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO