Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011121319 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    9/26/2013 1:25pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was hoping the nerdy chick would win last night.

Here is a link to Sarah Moras' blog on last nights episode if anyone is interested.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/ufc/sara...get-emotional/

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    9/26/2013 1:42pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who needs antics from the fighters in the house when their white trash coach is providing all the drama? Ronda Rousey is the least professional person on that whole show.

As for the talent level of the women - I decided last night that the most athletic woman in the house will win since none of them are very skilled fighters.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    9/26/2013 2:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    As for the talent level of the women - I decided last night that the most athletic woman in the house will win since none of them are very skilled fighters.
    ice cold

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    9/26/2013 2:28pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Funny how everyone is hating on Ronda still. It's very disheartening to see because I know the type of person she is and she is without a doubt a fine person.

Jessica has some serious hands. I can't wait to see her at 100%. She also needs to listen to her corner.

Roxy is a warrior. Very impressive fight for both ladies.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    9/26/2013 2:49pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Josh View Post
    Funny how everyone is hating on Ronda still. It's very disheartening to see because I know the type of person she is and she is without a doubt a fine person.
    Doesn't mean she isn't a twat on camera.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    9/26/2013 3:16pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Jessica has some serious hands. I can't wait to see her at 100%. She also needs to listen to her corner.

Roxy is a warrior. Very impressive fight for both ladies.

We judge everyone on TV. Nobody whines when people call Frank Mir an asshole because nobody feels the need to protect him since he doesn't have tits. If Ronda doesn't want to come off as a thundercunt she shouldn't act like one when cameras are rolling. What I see when she talks is a drama whore with air between her ears.

It's funny too. TUF has a reputation for building fighters' fan bases through exposure. I'd bet a year's salary Ronda has fewer fans when the show is over than she started with.
    Last edited by Devil; 9/26/2013 3:22pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2013 3:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Am I the only one still wondering what the hell was going on in that refs head? Unless the editing of the show has mislead me, in the first round Jessica grabs the fence several times and he says nothing, then come second round when she grabs the fence again the dude goes berserk and gives her a warning by stopping the clock and splinting up the fight. Do I just have an unrealistic expectation of how judges are supposed to handle this stuff?

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    9/26/2013 4:05pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Frank Mir is a really good guy as well. Just goes to show you what you see on TV isn't always true.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

Posted On:
    9/26/2013 4:17pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Frank Mir is a really good guy as well. Just goes to show you what you see on TV isn't always true.
    Really? I'm pretty sure everything on TV is true.

Seriously, there are limits to what can be misconstrued via selective editing. Ronda has been captured on film behaving like a stupid, classless bitch. There's really no way around it.

Posted On:
    9/26/2013 4:35pm

Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphiidae View Post
    Am I the only one still wondering what the hell was going on in that refs head? Unless the editing of the show has mislead me, in the first round Jessica grabs the fence several times and he says nothing, then come second round when she grabs the fence again the dude goes berserk and gives her a warning by stopping the clock and splinting up the fight. Do I just have an unrealistic expectation of how judges are supposed to handle this stuff?
    Jessamyn Duke's take on the ref:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessamyn
    The refereeing in that fight was some of the strangest I had ever seen. The way he stopped Jessica in the middle of striking Roxanne and screamed in her face was weird. We thought she was hitting Roxanne in the back of the head. He pulled her off to the side and talked to her, but didnít take a point.

She did grab the fence unintentionally several times but just because it wasn't on purpose, doesnít excuse it, so she probably should have gotten a point taken.

You canít give that many warnings. If you are going to give that many warnings, you have to take a point or stop giving warnings. I donít think taking the point would have done anything to change the fight outcome, but she probably should have been penalized.

The finish of the fight was crazy. Roxanne was lifted up by Jessica and slammed to the mat. Her head bounced off really hard and you could tell from her eyes that she didnít know where she was. She got hit again, and it looked like it brought her back to consciousness, which happens. One more punch and she was out again, and thatís when the stoppage came. Sometimes you get knocked out and another strike wakes you back up, and thatís what I think was the case there.

The stoppage may have seemed late because Roxanne looked loopy while on the ground, but she was still throwing her legs up for attacks, and we were yelling for her to back off. Roxanneís dangerous even when sheís hurt badly and thatís why I think the ref let it go as long as he did. That final punch that earned the stoppage may have been overkill, but the ref was giving her a chance to work.
    From her blog entry.
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011121319 ... LastLast