218357 Bullies, 4298 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    9/17/2013 3:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Good thing you're certain. I believe it might be a combination of those factors, including the fact that neither Rousey nor Justino appear to all that interested in facing each other, Justino having less of an excuse to not drop Down.

Will say one thing, though: that new Russian athlete Alexandra Albu they signed? She looks like this:
    Attachment 15420

Her record says 5-0, all by early stoppage, but yeah....
    Which part don't you understand? It doesn't matter if they're interested in fighting each other. What should matter is building the legitimacy of the new female division by putting the best two fighters possible in the cage together when a title is on the line.

That's not Rousey's responsibility. It's the UFC's responsibility. **** what Rousey and Cyborg want. Pay them the money and they will fight. When looks become a deciding factor of who gets a title shot, you're making a mockery of your fighters, your entire promotion and the whole fucking sport.

Posted On:
    9/17/2013 4:22pm

Style: Kendo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They had Cyborg under contract, they provided a nutrition/diet guy to get her weight down, and she opted to go back to Strikeforce. Last I heard she wanted to fight at 155? I speculate she simply doesn't want to give up the PEDs. Since none of us knows the real score, it's just as valid as speculating that White thinks she's too ugly to fight.

Posted On:
    9/17/2013 9:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    Maybe the new Russian girl they just signed will make some headway. She looks physically strong (powerlifter) and she's got some judo and karate training, not sure how much.
    Alexandra "Stitch" Abu:

Posted On:
    9/18/2013 9:25am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    she opted to go back to Strikeforce.
    Duh. Invicta of course.

Alexandra "Stitch" Abu:
    That would be "Albu" not Abu. More info here.

Posted On:
    9/19/2013 4:30pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That show is hilarious. I read this thread and went and watched an episode. Obviously, White went to them, like every show and said "look, this is tv. We need a spectacle, so give us a show" So Tate has to think of stupid **** to say like "Rhonda can't really punch." which she says like a) she doesn't really give a **** and b) doesn't even necessarily believe. Then Rousey starts acting like an ass, for which she actually comes off believable as a jackass.

These shows are fucking stupid and some of these fighters do not look very good. Throwing combinations seems a rarity.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Posted On:
    9/19/2013 4:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by crappler View Post
    That show is hilarious. I read this thread and went and watched an episode. Obviously, White went to them, like every show and said "look, this is tv. We need a spectacle, so give us a show" So Tate has to think of stupid **** to say like "Rhonda can't really punch." which she says like a) she doesn't really give a **** and b) doesn't even necessarily believe. Then Rousey starts acting like an ass, for which she actually comes off believable as a jackass.

These shows are fucking stupid and some of these fighters do not look very good. Throwing combinations seems a rarity.
    I have been saying it for a while now that the UFC is edging more and more toward the route of the WWE. This idea of adding drama for ratings, while I can understand the motive (tons of green), it does tend to destroy the legitimacy of the sport at that level. Fucking hell if they take it too far it's going to have to switch channels to the "E" network.

Posted On:
    9/19/2013 4:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by crappler View Post

I especially hate Rousey's boyfriend, that Eurotrash dickhead. Can someone link me a video of him getting his ass kicked? I want to like Rousey. I don't want to like this clown.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Posted On:
    9/20/2013 12:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am thinking Tate's team is going to go 3-0 with this next match up. I don't know if Tate is a better coach or she just picked better fighters. Or why it feels like we are rehashing some 90s striker vs grappler bullshit. Oddly enough the Coach with a grapplnig background had the strikers go figure.

Posted On:
    9/20/2013 10:00am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let's get real here: 1) any athlete isn't going to be vastly improved by a few months of coaching unless they are some kind of kid wonder, so any victory you see on that show is the result of long-term coaching where the actual people responsible for the current skill set of given player get no credit and aren't there. 2) There is no sport I have ever seen where the top players instantly go into coaching while still at the top of their game and get granted legitimacy. **** you Dana White. Thank you for putting this sport on the map, I get what you are doing, I agree it's a show, but be respectful of the sport.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    9/20/2013 10:12am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mcmann looks like she is fighting in mud. While she is winning its not very impressive and way to dependent on getting her opponent down.

Cris is a non entity in the UFC. She has to do two things. 1. Earn her way back in 2. Make 135. I am of the opinion that if you use PED then you suffer the consequences. She could have stayed in the UFC. She could have not used PED. She could have attempted to make weight. She broke the rules and doesn't want to fight in the framework that is making WMMA very popular. I'm quite frankly tired of seeing her name in reference to the UFC. She fucked up and got what she deserved.

Tate replacing Zigano was the only choice they could make for the TV show. Does Tate "deserve" the shot at the title again? No, based on the loss to Cat. Yes. based on the "drama" it will/has put up.

Every time I read a blog from one of the fighters I see nothing but respect for Ronda. They talk about how Tate would make snide/rude comments to get at Ronda. When Ronda would call her on her BS Tate would turn "innocent".

The Armenians and Ronda for that matter are old school. They don't hide what they feel and will call you out on your bullshit. If your say something you better mean it and be prepared to back it up. It's not thuggery its honesty. Too many people are concerned about not hurting people's feelings but are two-faced as all ****. Does it look thugish when they get in someone's face and make them respond? Yes but if you going to open your mouth around them then you better be prepared to stand by what you say. Words carry weight and if it comes out of your pie whole you better mean it.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast