222372 Bullies, 4152 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    9/17/2013 8:35am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Yeah, Devil's making it sound like they're feeding her scrubs on purpose. Who're all these high-level female fighters who you believe can just tango in there and take the title from Rousey like candy from a baby?

Really don't care about Rousey's personality. Asshole or not, she is extremely legit and fun to watch fight. That is all that matters. The rest is irrelevant.
    Well, **** knuckles......maybe they could've started by making some type of half hearted attempt to at least, at some point, you know, try to put together a fight between Rousey and the fucking OLYMPIC WRESTLER they have on the roster. Instead they give her a blue belt and then a one-armed vanquished foe. And I'm not even going to get started on Cyborg which is a fight the UFC could make and should make. They don't want to because Cyborg is ugly and she might beat up their Barbie. So the weight is a convenient excuse.

Yes, they damn sure are feeding her scrubs on purpose. Zingano got hurt of course and she would've been a better fight. But, then Tate as a replacement? **** me. Who the **** gets a title shot at the champion who broke their fucking arm when they're also coming off a loss????? A pretty chick with a rock hard ass. That's who.

But you guys are right - there is no great supply of contenders that could come in and really give her a run for her money. Because the women's division is exciting but on average, the fighters have a shockingly low skill level in comparison to the men. Most of them just aren't very good.

I think Ronda is good, but she'll never be on my list of great fighters until she proves herself against great fighters. So far, that isn't happening and I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to happen in the future. Whether it's because the UFC protects her or because the women's division sucks, it's just not likely to happen quickly.

And don't even act like the UFC isn't prone to protecting their little media darlings. They typically make some attempt to get around to the good fights eventually, but they'll drag their feet if their champ is a money maker. Look at GSP. They were dreading the inevitible matchup with Johny Hendricks because they know he might leave their golden boy stretched the **** out. So they postponed it by giving Diaz a title shot coming off a loss because they knew GSP would wrestlefuck him to death.

And Rousey is a fucking idiot.

Posted On:
    9/17/2013 9:24am

Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree putting Tate up there again is not so good from a fight perspective, they just did it for the drama in TUF. White was likely disappointed when she lost to Zingano. Cat vs Ronda in the house would have been way too respectful and boring.

McMann isn't any threat to Rousey, she is winning but not in anywhere near convincing enough a manner to make me believe she'll survive the first round. People keep touting that "olympic wrestler" cred but the fact is that women's wrestling is way behind women's judo.

Maybe the new Russian girl they just signed will make some headway. She looks physically strong (powerlifter) and she's got some judo and karate training, not sure how much.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    9/17/2013 9:50am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Judo, JJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Ronda Rousey is a fucking idiot. I want to like her, but she's a fucking idiot. Her stupid tirade about Tate "laughing at Baszler's pain" was retarded. She's a dumbass drama queen who happens to be good at Judo.
    Couldn't agree more, Devil.

Came into this wanting to root for Rousey, am now fully in the corner of Tate. I understand girls cry when they get emotional, that doesn't bother me. What does bother me is Rousey's poor attitude and crappy sportsmanship. Even my wife thinks she's irritating.

Ronda's a world class athlete and the champ, she should act like it.

Posted On:
    9/17/2013 11:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Well, **** knuckles......maybe they could've started by making some type of half hearted attempt to at least, at some point, you know, try to put together a fight between Rousey and the fucking OLYMPIC WRESTLER they have on the roster. Instead they give her a blue belt and then a one-armed vanquished foe. And I'm not even going to get started on Cyborg which is a fight the UFC could make and should make. They don't want to because Cyborg is ugly and she might beat up their Barbie. So the weight is a convenient excuse.

Yes, they damn sure are feeding her scrubs on purpose. Zingano got hurt of course and she would've been a better fight. But, then Tate as a replacement? **** me. Who the **** gets a title shot at the champion who broke their fucking arm when they're also coming off a loss????? A pretty chick with a rock hard ass. That's who.

But you guys are right - there is no great supply of contenders that could come in and really give her a run for her money. Because the women's division is exciting but on average, the fighters have a shockingly low skill level in comparison to the men. Most of them just aren't very good.

I think Ronda is good, but she'll never be on my list of great fighters until she proves herself against great fighters. So far, that isn't happening and I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to happen in the future. Whether it's because the UFC protects her or because the women's division sucks, it's just not likely to happen quickly.

And don't even act like the UFC isn't prone to protecting their little media darlings. They typically make some attempt to get around to the good fights eventually, but they'll drag their feet if their champ is a money maker. Look at GSP. They were dreading the inevitible matchup with Johny Hendricks because they know he might leave their golden boy stretched the **** out. So they postponed it by giving Diaz a title shot coming off a loss because they knew GSP would wrestlefuck him to death.

And Rousey is a fucking idiot.
    McMann is good, but she is rightfully ranked lower than the other ladies Rousey has manhandled so far. She simply has not accomplished as much as Kaufmann, Tate or Carmouche yet, although I am sure that will come if she Sticks at it. She will get a title shot in a fight or two if Ronda still holds the title by then. I believe she will get subbed quickly, although it would be cool to see if she could put Rousey on her back.

Agree about it not making sense for Rousey to face Tate Again this soon, but injuries happen, Tate is an honourable opponent and it is an easily promotable fight. GSP vs Diaz also happened for these reasons due to the hordes of moronic Diaz fans demanding a title shot, making it a much more bankable fight over GSP vs Hendricks. Diaz is also extremely dangerous on his feet and on the ground, so it was definitely an honourable fight for GSP to take, albeit an undeserved one for Diaz.

To my knowledge, the Justino/Rousey matchup has so far been made impossible by both fighters refusing to come to each other's weight class, and I believe Justino is on record as refusing to drop in weight to face Rousey, although I could be wrong. If she dropped weight and signed with the UFC, I expect White would not be averse to that matchup. I doubt a slimmed-Down Justino would be much of a match for Rousey, though.

I'd really like for the UFC to start some type of programme to give more exposure and training to female TUF competitors besides a mixed gender season of TUF. The sport could really do with some high-level backing if it is to Progress beyond its current mid-nineties state.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    9/17/2013 12:18pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To my knowledge, the Justino/Rousey matchup has so far been made impossible by both fighters refusing to come to each other's weight class, and I believe Justino is on record as refusing to drop in weight to face Rousey, although I could be wrong. If she dropped weight and signed with the UFC, I expect White would not be averse to that matchup.
    Do you really believe everything Dana Koresh tells you? I guess you also believe there was no way in hell they could've gotten Fedor in the UFC. Yeah, right.

Dana didn't sign Fedor because he didn't want M-1 global's name on the canvas, which is fine. But instead of admitting it, he made Fedor out to be the asshole and swore he did everything in his power to get him there. Then he waited for Fedor to get old and start losing so he could laugh and say he was overrated all along. Bullshit.

He's following a similar model with Cyborg. He doesn't want her gorilla face next to the company logo in Times Square so he's playing Fedor games. Do you really think the UFC doesn't have the money to make a deal between Ronda and Manpants? Sheeeeeeeiiiiit!!!!! They just don't want it.

Posted On:
    9/17/2013 12:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Admitted that I could be wrong. Can you provide an interview or anything where Justino offered to drop Down? Musta missed that.

Posted On:
    9/17/2013 12:52pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Admitted that I could be wrong. Can you provide an interview or anything where Justino offered to drop Down? Musta missed that.
    I don't give a **** if she offered to drop down or not. That's irrelevant. Greenbacks can make that bitch shed 40 lbs, gain 40 lbs or dance a fucking jig. Same for Rousey. The UFC just isn't interested in making it happen.

Posted On:
    9/17/2013 1:20pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's actually relevant. Justino has much to lose by fighting Rousey at a weight class where she won't be as hulked-up as she is used to with more rigorous drug testing. The likelyhood of her being taken Down and subbed inside a minute is high and she knows it, Thus the coy games from her side of the fence.

It is, of course, regrettable that you do not give a ****, but it's a factor. Unless, of course, Justino has indeed offered to drop Down. Because from what I recall, both women want the other to come to their respective weight class, wanting maximum advantage for themselves.

Posted On:
    9/17/2013 1:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's actually relevant.
    It actually is not.

Her career is going nowhere. She has fuckall to lose. She could probably make more money in one UFC fight than she will make the rest of her shitty career. That is, if the UFC gave a **** enough to pay her. Which they don't, because she's ugly.

If Gina Carano's fat ass could fight like Cyborg you know damn well they'd make that **** happen. ****, I wouldn't be surprised if they made that fight happen anyway. It's much more likely than a fight with Cyborg and Carano can't fight for **** and weighs three tons. But tits for the win.

Posted On:
    9/17/2013 2:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good thing you're certain. I believe it might be a combination of those factors, including the fact that neither Rousey nor Justino appear to all that interested in facing each other, Justino having less of an excuse to not drop Down.

Will say one thing, though: that new Russian athlete Alexandra Albu they signed? She looks like this:
    Name:  AlexandraThumb2.png
Views: 224
Size:  51.3 KB

Her record says 5-0, all by early stoppage, but yeah....
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast