Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    9/07/2013 1:14pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good just like last year not looking forward to see Rhonda act like a moron but oh well the fighters are interesting.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2013 4:58pm

Style: grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For some reason when I saw the thread title I thought there was going to be an event with chicks fighting dudes. And I honestly think women would dominate the lighter weight divisions.

Posted On:
    9/07/2013 5:24pm

Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by legomepanda View Post
    For some reason when I saw the thread title I thought there was going to be an event with chicks fighting dudes. And I honestly think women would dominate the lighter weight divisions.
    Under MMA rules and both contestants pros, not happening.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/07/2013 5:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	low_back_mount_lrg.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	15405

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    9/09/2013 3:24am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    why on earth would you think that, out of interest? there is a reason why you pretty much never see that play out.

Also, holy **** at peggy. did anyone else think of the "i wanted to destroy something beatiful" scene from fight club watching her crush that poor girl?

Posted On:
    9/09/2013 3:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Firstly, women have less muscle mass than men genetically. Secondly, fighting is not nearly as integral a part of "woman culture" (for lack of a better word) than in "man culture", meaning that a lot fewer females are likely to take up professional fighting. This means the talent pool is a lot smaller and that the top lady competitors don't need to overcome anywhere near the competition to get to the top of the ranks that men do.

A professional female fighter would naturally still be able to wreck Joe Schmoe. She would just have a hard time competing against males at a high level.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2013 3:52am

Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Also, holy **** at peggy. did anyone else think of the "i wanted to destroy something beatiful" scene from fight club watching her crush that poor girl?
    In her blog post that NeilG posted she seems to indicate that her coach was telling her to drop those hammers rather than go for the sub:
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggy don't give a ****
    I heard my coach yell, “Don’t take the armbar! Hip in and punch!” I saw the ref starting to step in, so I dropped in as many hammer fists as I could as hard as I could.
    Maybe they wanted it to make a bigger impact on Dana and the coaches?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    9/09/2013 12:53pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was surprised Tara LaRosa didn't make it into the house. Getting too old, I guess.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2013 1:24pm

Style: Bartitsu, Judo noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson View Post
    Some pretty good fights in the first episode. Some not so good fights too hahaha. I fucking hate wrestlers....
    Is that about Josh Hill? I lived in Hamilton until just a few years ago, so he's as close as it gets for a "my hometown" fighter for me this time around. I saw where he was from and immediately thought "Geez I hope he's not one of Joslin's guys", since they have a reputation around the Steeltown MMA/grappling world for producing guys with bad attitudes. I was pleased to see that he was not.

I have some issues with Dana White shooting his mouth off about that match (aside from the obvious: that White has too much ego and too much mouth in general and needs to go away).

Josh trains at a gym run by a muay thai guy, and his sherdog stats give him two TKO wins out of his 3 non-decision wins, both by punches. So it's premature to brand him as a guy who only knows how to lay-n-pray.

On the ladies' side, I have a thing for brainy fighters so I'm going for the adjunct professor (Peggy) and the She-Screech (Roxanne).

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    9/09/2013 2:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    roxanne is not screech, she is in fact sheldons girlfriend from the big bang theory. even her voice sounds the same.
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast