Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    10/31/2013 6:16pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Totally acceptable that buddy took the forfeit. Smart career move and totally justifiable. Taking a second cut would be like getting punished because the other guy didn't make weight.

If it were me I might have just flipped a coin lol!

Posted On:
    11/01/2013 12:46am

Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ronda has been off her meda this whole time but she had a point about Tate's coaching staff being partially responsible.

Posted On:
    11/01/2013 1:13am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    she had a point about Tate's coaching staff being partially responsible.
    You know if I had to choice one of those two to be in my corner I would have to go with Ronda. She may have her issues, in fact Peggy said it best in one of her blogs

http://www.mmaweekly.com/peggy-morga...es-miesha-tate
    Some of you probably think Ronda is bat crap crazy. Okay, maybe Ronda is bat crap crazy. But I genuinely like her, and here’s why: she doesn’t bother trying to pretend like she isn’t completely insane. In fact, she doesn’t bother trying to pretend anything at all.

As we’ve already seen, if Ronda feels like kicking a hole in the door, she’s gonna kick a hole in the door. If she feels like crying, she’s gonna cry. If she feels like telling you you’re a miserable bitch faced —-, she’s gonna do that, too. On more than one occasion, I heard Ronda say, “I’d rather be real mean than fake nice.” And after being around her nearly every day for six weeks, I can say this is absolutely true. Ronda might be a crazy bitch, but she’s a real crazy bitch.
    However she does seem like she would seriously have your back.

Posted On:
    11/01/2013 2:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Couldn't a lot of Rousey's supposed "issues" simply come from her being a former olympian and Thus have an extreme alpha-type personality, taking absolutely no **** from anyone and being completely convinced of their own infallibility? The only other olympian I know exhibits exactly these traits. I expect that it's more or less required to compete at that level - any kind of self-doubt translates to failure in competition, and judo is about as competitive an Olympic sport as any.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/01/2013 5:12pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't believe any of that ****. These shows edit the context to tell the story that they want.

Posted On:
    11/01/2013 9:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I don't believe any of that ****. These shows edit the context to tell the story that they want.
    No doubt there's editing but regardless of that Ronda has said some truly stupid things. I'm still cheering for her to take Tate's other arm. I have no idea why, I would have zero tolerance for her BS in my dojo or in front of me as a ref.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    11/04/2013 6:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    No doubt there's editing but regardless of that Ronda has said some truly stupid things. I'm still cheering for her to take Tate's other arm. I have no idea why, I would have zero tolerance for her BS in my dojo or in front of me as a ref.
    But she wouldn't do that in a judo dojo, would she? It's all about context.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Posted On:
    11/04/2013 10:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    But she wouldn't do that in a judo dojo, would she? It's all about context.
    I would hope not but the way reiho is going these days you never know.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/05/2013 12:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    They can take **** out of context, but there's still no getting around some of the retarded **** she says and does. They didn't make her flip off the opposing team who was trying to shake her hand after a fight. They didn't make her accuse someone of racism for making an eyebrow joke.

Why would they try to make her look bad? It's not in their best interest. Sure, they want the drama but they don't want the fans to hate their cash cow.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/05/2013 12:57pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    They can take **** out of context, but there's still no getting around some of the retarded **** she says and does. They didn't make her flip off the opposing team who was trying to shake her hand after a fight. They didn't make her accuse someone of racism for making an eyebrow joke.
    Agreed. I just had a friend on the first episode and he told me how they completely took everything out of context and made some people look like **** heads.
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61213141516 17181920 ... LastLast