223802 Bullies, 3742 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    9/27/2013 10:10am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Josh View Post
    Grabbing the cage stops techniques and is not a viable form of defense in a sporting sense.

I said it before I do not need to defend her I am pointing out the faggotry of people who make assumptions based on the effects of editing from a TV show. Presented with statements about her character away from the show you jump on a strawman and proceed to insult me with underhanded snide remarks.

This is exactly one of my points about people these days. They throw around insults and accusations from behind a keyboard with no worry about someone standing in front of them.

Case in point just the other day I'm in a store and this guy is cussing and raising his voice. He then said "I will say whatever the **** I want and there ain't a fucking thing anyone can do about it."

I responded with "You need to watch your language and quiet down. Because I'm tired of hearing you run your mouth."

Now when faced with someone who called him on his **** he slinked off with his tail tucked between his legs. I'm not a big guy nor am I physically intimidating the guy didn't know me either.

This is not a veiled threat only an observation about the way people are today and their lack of tact and civility towards others. Have an opinion that's fine but insulting someone many people have respect for based on what they have achieved in life will draw some flak.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pool.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	15438

Enjoy your personal crusade to turn the internet into Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood. I think the problem here is that you're old and don't like the behavior of these damn disrespectful punk kids.

Blow me, Tipper Gore.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/27/2013 10:57am

Style: Wrestle, Kickbox, Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Since we're on the subject of grabbing the cage....

Why the **** is it illegal anyway? They're in a cage. Let 'em grab it. Who gives a ****? Stupid rule.

I know somebody is going to argue about severed fingers and lava. Pffft. Whatevs.

Okay, I'm only going off memory (so don't flame me if I get a detail wrong please) and my own opinion here...

I don't think there always was a rule against grabbing onto the cage...as a matter of fact I seem to recall some early UFC fights that involved a whole lot of hanging on for dear life. I'm sure the safety aspect was part of why they would want a rule like that, and it also mirrors not getting tangled up in the ropes in a boxing ring, but I would bet a bigger issue was how it kind of screwed up the more one dimensional grapplers who really wanted to get it to the ground for GnP or submissions. Probably at lot less of an issue today with MMA fighters generally being more well-rounded, but back in the day I'm sure there was serious griping about "I woulda had him if he hadn't had that arm wrapped over the top of the cage!"

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    9/27/2013 11:02am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keslet View Post
    Okay, I'm only going off memory (so don't flame me if I get a detail wrong please) and my own opinion here...

I don't think there always was a rule against grabbing onto the cage...as a matter of fact I seem to recall some early UFC fights that involved a whole lot of hanging on for dear life. I'm sure the safety aspect was part of why they would want a rule like that, and it also mirrors not getting tangled up in the ropes in a boxing ring, but I would bet a bigger issue was how it kind of screwed up the more one dimensional grapplers who really wanted to get it to the ground for GnP or submissions. Probably at lot less of an issue today with MMA fighters generally being more well-rounded, but back in the day I'm sure there was serious griping about "I woulda had him if he hadn't had that arm wrapped over the top of the cage!"
    I think the rule more likely came about because it made for some boring fights when people held the cage. I still think it's a stupid rule.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/27/2013 11:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the rule more likely came about because it made for some boring fights when people held the cage. I still think it's a stupid rule.
    Yeah, that to...if the fight is mostly one guy hanging on to the cage with both arms while some other guy is just yanking on his legs trying to get him to the mat, it would not only be boring but also a little ridiculous...I don't think this is the image they had in mind for the UFC...

Posted On:
    9/27/2013 11:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** it make the cages lexon so there is nothing to hold onto.

Posted On:
    9/27/2013 11:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    **** it make the cages lexon so there is nothing to hold onto.
    Sweaty cage walls equals obscured vision for the fans and general grossness.

I think they'd be better off with a bowl shaped mat similar to what YAMMA was trying to do, but with steeper sides to the bowl and no cage.

Posted On:
    9/27/2013 11:26am

Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They won't ditch the cage, it is part of the whole image.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/27/2013 11:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sweaty cage walls equals obscured vision for the fans and general grossness.

I think they'd be better off with a bowl shaped mat similar to what YAMMA was trying to do, but with steeper sides to the bowl and no cage.

I can hear the call now from the inaugural 'Ultimate Cube Fighting' match...

"Folks, this is the ultimate proving ground! No ropes, no fence, no top edge, no excuses! Two men enter, one man leaves! Our first fight has already gone 15 minutes of non-stop action! The humidity has fogged up the walls, not to mention the sweat, blood, and left over Vaseline, but we can still see our warriors battling it out!

Okay! Both men are against the wall and appear to be grappling, hard to see who has the advantage...

And they've gone to the mat! Possibly working for a submission...no obvious ground and pound at this point...

It appears to be over folks! Both fighters must be exhausted as there is little movement coming from the cube! Who will be our first victor?!?

Cornermen are moving in with ringside officials, the door is opened, and our winner is...!!!

Ohhhhhhh....

Ah, folks, we...ah...mistakes were made...um...the crew forgot to make the air holes in the top of the Cube...and, um...

(will insurance even cover this?)"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/27/2013 12:36pm

Style: Kali

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I vote for this style of arena

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bs-jump-kick-wide-lr1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	15440

Posted On:
    9/27/2013 12:59pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    They won't ditch the cage, it is part of the whole image.
    I know. Sadly, I don't always get my way. If I did the world would be a better place.
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast