Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/14/2013 3:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone explain to me why Putin is getting credit for Syria saying yes to Kerry's accidental plan? Puttin didn't do ****.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/14/2013 3:42pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Same way we took some undeserved credit for WWII; politics.

Posted On:
    9/15/2013 10:36am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The involvement of Russia is because they regard it was part of their sphere of influence. Note that Syria has gone along with the proposal - part of the reason being it puts one in the eye of the USA.

So, the focus is entirely one of 'putting CW beyond use': it's not one of seeking to bring resolution to this pernicious civil war that has the capacity for involvement by non-Syrian players.

There is no mention of the estimated 100,000 already killed. There is some regard to the Millions displaced to contiguous countries. This has its own dynamic: Food, Potable water, Shelter, Sewage - and Winter is coming. Then, what to do with those Refugees, what of schooling for the children, reasonable employment for the male adults?

Well, I did see today a broadcast on the BBC by Jeremy Bowen in which the beginning of the school year was made explicit from a school in Damascus.

It seems to me that the motor for USA involvement is less the issue of CW per se, rather than the possibility that any CW components, methods of delivery might be directed at Israel. A glance at the map makes it obvious. Then factor in the involvement of the Hizbellah, its Iranian benefactor and it makes more sense.

Then when the issue of CW is put beyond use, then maybe the international community (USA AND Russia) might seek to bring about the end of the civil war.

Fat chance though.
    Last edited by Eddie Hardon; 9/15/2013 10:40am at . Reason: typos

Posted On:
    9/15/2013 10:53am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
    It seems to me that the motor for USA involvement is less the issue of CW per se, rather than the possibility that any CW components, methods of delivery might be directed at Israel. A glance at the map makes it obvious. Then factor in the involvement of the Hizbellah, its Iranian benefactor and it makes more sense.

Then when the issue of CW is put beyond use, then maybe the international community (USA AND Russia) might seek to bring about the end of the civil war.

Fat chance though.
    I can't see Assad using CW against us (Israel). He and his father had plenty of opportunities to do so, and they did not. (i guess they like being in power more than they hate us). He can however try and pass it to the Hizzballah terrorist groups located in Lebanon. They will use it for sure, they don't really give a **** if Lebanon ceases to exist. They are also hard pressed by Iran to do so (what's Iran beef with us i don't know...damn sure they don't give a **** about the Palestinians).
    We already bombed a few convoys with stuff we couldn't let them have.
    I actually think Obama didn't believe Assad would use the CW..so when he drew that red line, he was kinda bluffing. Alas it got crossed, now he has to do something reluctantly (and it is not because he is so worried about us im afraid, if he was he would bomb Iran, not Syria, we can handle Syria).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/15/2013 11:18am

Style: aikido

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
    The involvement of Russia is because they regard it was part of their sphere of influence.
    It's less nebulous than that. Assad is letting Russia keep a naval base in Syria -- the only naval base Russia has outside of the old USSR. If Assad goes down, they lose a very important strategic asset. Russia is invested, in a very concrete, material way, in the Assad regime.

Posted On:
    9/15/2013 11:48am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    I actually think Obama didn't believe Assad would use the CW..so when he drew that red line, he was kinda bluffing. Alas it got crossed, now he has to do something reluctantly (and it is not because he is so worried about us im afraid, if he was he would bomb Iran, not Syria, we can handle Syria).
    Pretty much
    Also I think you could handle Iran just fine as long as you didn't have to occupy them.

Posted On:
    9/16/2013 5:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Turkish F-16 shot down a Syrian transport helicopter.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/hel...&NewsCatID=352

Posted On:
    9/17/2013 8:59am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefron View Post
    Turkish F-16 shot down a Syrian transport helicopter.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/hel...&NewsCatID=352
    I am not surprised. I doubt things are going to escalate between the two though. Syria can't fight Turkey and I am sure Turkey doesn't want to get involved in that mess right now.

Posted On:
    9/17/2013 9:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    I am not surprised. I doubt things are going to escalate between the two though. Syria can't fight Turkey and I am sure Turkey doesn't want to get involved in that mess right now.
    Well, if things didn't escalate when Syria shot down that F-4, they sure won't now.

Turkey is obviously a bit trigger happy since that incident. I wonder what the helicopter was doing that high and if they even heard the Turkish warnings. Reconnaissance probably.

Posted On:
    9/20/2013 6:41pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know how much I trust this story but
    http://nypost.com/2013/09/20/tunisia...ihad-in-syria/
    if its true Asad is done for.
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041