218300 Bullies, 9373 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 301 to 310 of 410
Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212728293031 32333435 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Nefron is offline
    Nefron's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    1,589

    Points
    1,329
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

    Posted On:
    9/09/2013 6:12pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    There's been quite a bit of back and forth here about US vs Russia, but is such a war really the likely outcome, even if one party totally disregards the wishes of the other? Would it be worth it to get into a superpower world war over foreign involvement with Syria? Maybe. Austria-Hungary was able to cause quite an international conflict, but that was a pre-nuke era.
    Thankfully, the people in charge are aware of what would be the consequences of such a war, unlike a certain person in this thread.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    What cracks me up is people taking the Russian arms dealer's sales pitches at face value.

    IIRC, Isreal was able to bomb a clandestine nuke facility within their borders a few years back and the Syrians didn't even know planes were overhead untill the place was a smoldering pit.

    Caveat emptor. ;)
    Which, again has nothing to do with the AA system. Sigh.

    But, I'm kind of curious how effective would the newer Russian systems be in a conflict like this. Especially the S300.
  2. Mr. Machette is online now

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,688

    Points
    5,668
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    9/09/2013 6:54pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefron View Post
    Which, again has nothing to do with the AA system. Sigh.
    So their demonstrably impotent AA system has nothing to do with their AA system?

    Do you even think before you post?
  3. hungryjoe is offline
    hungryjoe's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,420

    Points
    7,105
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First Class1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    9/09/2013 8:01pm

    supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by adskibullus View Post
    Do youre own homework

    Though it lasted a mere 400 years, no empire was larger than the one the comparatively-small island nation of Great Britain was able to maintain until fairly recently. How big was it? At its zenith in 1922, the British Empire held sway over nearly half a billion people (a fifth of the world�s population at the time) and covered more than 13 million square miles (almost a quarter of the Earth�s total land area)! Not bad for a country slightly smaller than the state of Oregon. In fact, at one point the sun never set on the British Empire, not because God couldn�t trust an Englishman in the dark, but because of its global reach (with colonies and possessions on every continent�including, believe it or not, Antarctica).
    Good points being made here on all sides....except dickhead.

    Nice copy and paste without citation...and you cherry picked at that.

    http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-most-i...in-history.php

    Though it lasted a mere 400 years, no empire was larger than the one the comparatively-small island nation of Great Britain was able to maintain until fairly recently. How big was it? At its zenith in 1922, the British Empire held sway over nearly half a billion people (a fifth of the world�s population at the time) and covered more than 13 million square miles (almost a quarter of the Earth�s total land area)! Not bad for a country slightly smaller than the state of Oregon. In fact, at one point the sun never set on the British Empire, not because God couldn�t trust an Englishman in the dark, but because of its global reach (with colonies and possessions on every continent�including, believe it or not, Antarctica). Alas, all good things must come to an end, and that end came in the twentieth century, when two World Wars drained England financially, making it cheaper to dissolve her empire than keep it. Of course, once they lost India in 1947 it was all over; except for a couple of small possessions (the aforementioned Falkland Islands and a few islands scattered around the globe), the sun really has set on the British Empire. Its most important possession remains Gibraltar, the gateway to the Mediterranean, and one that is supposed to remain in British hands as long as its population of Barbary Macaques�a type of obnoxious monkey�remains on the peninsula. Read more: http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-most-i...#ixzz2eRm1C0PP
    Read more at http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-most-i...Tlx3oFOhcsp.99
  4. Nefron is offline
    Nefron's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    1,589

    Points
    1,329
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

    Posted On:
    9/09/2013 8:16pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    So their demonstrably impotent AA system has nothing to do with their AA system?

    Do you even think before you post?
    By AA system I meant individual weapons system, like say Buk or Tunguska. In your post you implied that the attack Israel carried out has something to do with the quality of the systems Syria bought, not their whole air defense network.

    An attack like that is very hard to stop. Serbian attack aircraft were flying a shitload of sorties during complete NATO air superiority. They only stopped when their runways were completely destroyed. Does that make NATO impotent? Of course not. Hint: It has something to do with the profile of these strikes.

    And Israelis are crazy, you have to give them props.
    Last edited by Nefron; 9/09/2013 8:24pm at .
  5. hungryjoe is offline
    hungryjoe's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,420

    Points
    7,105
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First Class1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    9/09/2013 8:21pm

    supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The link provided above has a pretty good string of comments and is worth a read.

    I've been a bit harsh on adskibullus. Only because of his butchering of history.

    The US is in decline. With technology moving fast and the world shrinking accordingly, the stage is getting smaller. It's a matter of time until we've spent ourselves into ruin unless our general ***** populace pulls its collective head out of ass. Sadly, that's not likely to happen until financial collapse, at which point the world will need a new currency.

    Then the **** may truly hit the fan.
  6. goodlun is online now
    goodlun's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona
    Posts
    4,615

    Points
    9,183
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    9/09/2013 8:41pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    The link provided above has a pretty good string of comments and is worth a read.

    I've been a bit harsh on adskibullus. Only because of his butchering of history.

    The US is in decline. With technology moving fast and the world shrinking accordingly, the stage is getting smaller. It's a matter of time until we've spent ourselves into ruin unless our general ***** populace pulls its collective head out of ass. Sadly, that's not likely to happen until financial collapse, at which point the world will need a new currency.

    Then the **** may truly hit the fan.
    While I agree we need to get some **** in order we are not on the brink like people want to believe. Our Debt to GDP is a little high at ~75% but we are in a rescission with that number. 40 something % of that debt is held by China and Japan. We are currently the 36th most in debt nation. We have come back from much worse the great depression we hit 112% of GDP. All and all the sky is falling bullshit sells but the US is fine.
  7. hungryjoe is offline
    hungryjoe's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,420

    Points
    7,105
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First Class1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    9/09/2013 10:47pm

    supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    While I agree we need to get some **** in order we are not on the brink like people want to believe. Our Debt to GDP is a little high at ~75% but we are in a rescission with that number. 40 something % of that debt is held by China and Japan. We are currently the 36th most in debt nation. We have come back from much worse the great depression we hit 112% of GDP. All and all the sky is falling bullshit sells but the US is fine.
    75% is a little high?

    36th most in debt nation? Bullshit statistic and you know it. California alone has more debt than many if not most countries you want to include in the 'has more than the US' debt to GDP column.

    Glass half full and all that is it?

    WWII brought us out of the last major mess. That thing called the Great Depression.

    Let's wait another ten to twenty and see who's selling bullshit.

    Nearing $17,000,000,000,000 with no check on spending in sight.

    Yeah, the US is doing just fine. Have another drink of the kool aid.
    Last edited by hungryjoe; 9/09/2013 10:51pm at .
  8. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,604

    Points
    64,361
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    9/09/2013 11:04pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    0
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    75% is a little high?

    36th most in debt nation? Bullshit statistic and you know it. California alone has more debt than many if not most countries you want to include in the 'has more than the US' debt to GDP column.

    Glass half full and all that is it?

    WWII brought us out of the last major mess. That thing called the Great Depression.

    Let's wait another ten to twenty and see who's selling bullshit.

    Nearing $17,000,000,000,000 with no check on spending in sight.

    Yeah, the US is doing just fine. Have another drink of the kool aid.
    This is a straw man. Notice how you took what he said, spun into something to fit your argument and then ignored where he said "we are not on the brink like people want to believe."
    Nowhere in his post did he say "the US is doing just fine." **** he agreed we need to fix some of our own ****.

    You spilled some of that "doom and gloom" kool-aide on your keyboard.
  9. BCS is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    70

    Points
    96
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    9/10/2013 5:35am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Amusing dickwaving thread, chaps. There's just one thing that I would like to add to it. To assume that Russian ICBM's are non-functional, won't even make it to their targets, or will all get shot down in a hypothetical US-Russian war ... is more than a bit foolhardy. Especially since a mere dozen hits on population centres will give even the US something to think about ... and the Russians have thousands of them. Why do I give a **** if Americans think that they can really "win" a nuclear exchange with Russia? Because the fallout, even if it really is only Russia getting hit, will be so bad that a little thing called "Nuclear Winter" would make things suck for ALL of us. Please rethink your opinions on this matter.
  10. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,604

    Points
    64,361
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    9/10/2013 7:42am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BCS View Post
    Amusing dickwaving thread, chaps.
    Yet, you still join in.

    There's just one thing that I would like to add to it. To assume that Russian ICBM's are non-functional, won't even make it to their targets, or will all get shot down in a hypothetical US-Russian war ... is more than a bit foolhardy. Especially since a mere dozen hits on population centres will give even the US something to think about ... and the Russians have thousands of them. Why do I give a **** if Americans think that they can really "win" a nuclear exchange with Russia? Because the fallout, even if it really is only Russia getting hit, will be so bad that a little thing called "Nuclear Winter" would make things suck for ALL of us. Please rethink your opinions on this matter.
    Are you kidding? You have a bunch of posters arguing about a hypothetical and you are scared?
Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212728293031 32333435 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.