Leg Lock seminar 2013 Part 4: Calf Slicer from kneebar triangle counter
This is the shortest of the videos. How many of you have found your knee bar countered like this?
I couldn't love you any more for this one. Thank you.
I do have a question, though: Even if you hit this from kesa and have partner's arm controlled, what is to stop them from taking your back by using their other arm to hold you in place, or catching you with their far leg? Or better, how would the aggressor approach either or both of those situations?
Originally Posted by Mr. Machette
Originally Posted by Raycetpfl
1. The fact that you have their leg prevents them from properly taking your back.
Originally Posted by itwasntme
2. If you lock in the calf cutter or the knee bar and they pull they are just helping your leverage.
3. It all about timing. Like anything you move when it feels correct.
4. If they catch you with the far leg it helps you gain the position faster as you can catch their other leg.
5. This is just one entry into an entire gambit. The seminar was just me watching guys roll and correcting what I was seeing as opposed to other seminars that are set up with specific sets of maneuvers.