Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/02/2013 7:22pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Leg Lock seminar 2013 Part 4: Calf Slicer from kneebar triangle counter

This is the shortest of the videos. How many of you have found your knee bar countered like this?

Posted On:
    9/03/2013 11:16am

Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I couldn't love you any more for this one. Thank you.

I do have a question, though: Even if you hit this from kesa and have partner's arm controlled, what is to stop them from taking your back by using their other arm to hold you in place, or catching you with their far leg? Or better, how would the aggressor approach either or both of those situations?
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/03/2013 11:41am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    I couldn't love you any more for this one. Thank you.

I do have a question, though: Even if you hit this from kesa and have partner's arm controlled, what is to stop them from taking your back by using their other arm to hold you in place, or catching you with their far leg? Or better, how would the aggressor approach either or both of those situations?
    1. The fact that you have their leg prevents them from properly taking your back.
    2. If you lock in the calf cutter or the knee bar and they pull they are just helping your leverage.
    3. It all about timing. Like anything you move when it feels correct.
    4. If they catch you with the far leg it helps you gain the position faster as you can catch their other leg.
    5. This is just one entry into an entire gambit. The seminar was just me watching guys roll and correcting what I was seeing as opposed to other seminars that are set up with specific sets of maneuvers.