228222 Bullies, 4605 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 51 to 60 of 63
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. legomepanda is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Illinois. Yay.
    Posts
    434

    Posted On:
    9/10/2013 11:47am


     Style: grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There used to be some stickied conglomerate threads in the PT forum where Emevas and Teh El Macho and a few others covered just about every topic ad nauseum. Including Nutrition, supplements and all the same stuff we're clumsily fucking up right now.
  2. itwasntme is online now
    itwasntme's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    1,603

    Posted On:
    9/10/2013 12:04pm

    supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    You know a lot of those articles are written by dieticians and personal trainers, right?

    ****, healthy eating isn't fucking rocket science anyways.

    High protein, high fiber, low fat, low sugar, low carb. Avoid chemicals.

    Rinse, repeat.
    These articles present a number a problems:

    1) Many people think diet/nutrition is a one-size-fits-all kind of deal, and wind up following a dieting plan that is not conducive to their dieting goals. Take your example of a good diet: It's great for someone trying to cut fat and/or build muscle, but terrible for an endurance trainer.

    2) Many of these articles, while possibly based around research, are still just some dude's theory. I'd like to reference you to LeanGains on this.

    3) We are in the age of stupid, where "experts" that appear on the news, Oprah, Dr. Oz, or bb mags are given way too much credibility, with zero verification or fact checking. People will believe ANYTHING. Hell, Bullshido posted a pic to Facebook not too long ago from a women's fitness mag that stated women should not perform wide-grip exercises because this causes the muscles to grow wider....

    *facepalm*
    Start a training log!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.
  3. Mr. Machette is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,681

    Posted On:
    9/10/2013 12:25pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    3) We are in the age of stupid, where "experts" that appear on the news, Oprah, Dr. Oz, or bb mags are given way too much credibility, with zero verification or fact checking.
    It cracks me up when out of shape schlubs like Oprah and ESPECIALLY her pet troll, Dr. Phil have the audactity to give health advice.
  4. atheistmantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    446

    Posted On:
    9/11/2013 10:59pm

    supporting member
     Style: Tang Soo Don't Retired

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Exactly my point. Thank you.
  5. Mr. Machette is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,681

    Posted On:
    9/12/2013 12:21am

    Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atheistmantis View Post
    Exactly my point. Thank you.
    Except that I didn't cite Oprah, Dr. Oz or any specific articles in particular. Your point is a strawman.

    The basic guidelines I laid out are fairly sound and not in any way shape or form "fad diet" advice.
  6. Mister is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Posts
    642

    Posted On:
    9/12/2013 4:25pm


     Style: Injured

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You'd be surprised at the number of bodybuilders who successfully follow IIFYM.

    It's only anecdotal evidence.

    But, I would take the word of a jacked up, extremely strong guy over that of a skinny guy in a lab coat any day.

    Of course, a jacked up guy in a lab coat would be better than either option.

    But I've yet to meet one.
  7. atheistmantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    446

    Posted On:
    9/12/2013 6:32pm

    supporting member
     Style: Tang Soo Don't Retired

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've met some "jacked up" natural body builders who wore lab jackets when I worked in the medical field. As a matter of fact I was pretty jacked up myself during that time.
  8. Mr. Machette is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,681

    Posted On:
    9/12/2013 7:02pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atheistmantis View Post
    I've met some "jacked up" natural body builders who wore lab jackets when I worked in the medical field. As a matter of fact I was pretty jacked up myself during that time.
    What were you eating?
  9. atheistmantis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    446

    Posted On:
    9/14/2013 12:38am

    supporting member
     Style: Tang Soo Don't Retired

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't want to argue so I'll just keep this one for me. I'm no nutritionist.
  10. Mr. Machette is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,681

    Posted On:
    9/14/2013 1:30am

    Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atheistmantis View Post
    Don't want to argue so I'll just keep this one for me. I'm no nutritionist.
    Aw, come on! I can't really "argue" against a summary of food you ate when you were all pumped up. That would be silly.

    It was an honest question.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.