Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2013 4:02pm

Style: Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by legomepanda View Post
    Oh, ok, so what you're saying is "junk" food really isn't that great and you should stay away from it to stay within a healthy diet? That makes sense.
    Please don't twist my words.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2013 4:07pm

Style: being a fatty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @Mister, 80% clean 20% junk? There's no such thing as clean or junk foods, sorry.

And with whey/milk/fishoil/multivites to supplement whatever you're lacking at the end of the day, it's REALLY easy to eat junk food all day and still hit all of your macros (multi for micros), as long as you don't go over the macro itself.

Say an 80g fat macro, well you don't want to eat 90g fat to supplement it with fish oil. You'd just go over. 70g would be fine though.

Or you hit 180g/200g protein macro (yes, it's this high if you're 200+lbs), and have only 100 calories left that day cause you ate extra carbs. Well obviously you're going over your macro now and ate poorly. But not "dirty". (ofc, you could do some cardio to burn the rest of the calories, raising your TDEE and fitting in your protein macro.)

But using supplements is more expensive than eating "normally", so most don't do it that much. (Protein shake a day? Sure. But 5 cause you didn't want to eat eggs that day? lolno.)

I agree with everything else though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2013 4:08pm

Style: Judo noob, injured guy.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1) Eat (lots of, in my case) actual food, not processed ****.
    2) Derpa herpa derpa deee
    3) Profit.

My impression is that the macro nutrient content of junk food isn't the problem. Its all the other **** they add to it (that can cause negative reactions/inflammation, etc). Hence the "clean" idea in clean eating. But there is so much BS floating around that I just say "**** it" and eat mostly real foods and don't really care that my abs are obscured. I'm more interested in getting ogre strong.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2013 4:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
    @Mister, 80% clean 20% junk? There's no such thing as clean or junk foods, sorry.
    There's a reason I put "clean" and "junk" in quotations. These are the labels people arbitrarily put on food.

Each and every food has nutritional value, all of them.

The comparison was to make a point.

You're ignoring a few things, however:

Satiation.

To put this in context a peanut butter sandwich (with lol brown whole grain healthy homemade hearty organic natural grain bread and everything) has the same macro nutrients as a cake of twinkies.

Fiber.

You're also ignoring the minimum fiber intake, which mainly comes from vegetables that have carbs in them.

Posted On:
    9/08/2013 4:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    To put this in context a peanut butter sandwich (with lol brown whole grain healthy homemade hearty organic natural grain bread and everything) has the same macro nutrients as a cake of twinkies.
    BULLSHIT!

Good luck with your twinkies.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2013 5:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    BULLSHIT!

Good luck with your twinkies.
    1 tbsp PB + 1 slice bread:

http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nu...portionid=9956

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk...rown-bread.htm

7g protein, 9g fat, 18g carbohydrates.
    168kcal

Cake of Twinkies:

http://caloriecount.about.com/calori...inkies-i113361

1g protein, 4.5g fat, 27g carbohydrates
    150kcal

I guess you're right, bro, I was off.

But you get the idea of satiation.

I'm using Twinkies as an example of the epitome of "bad" food.

Posted On:
    9/08/2013 5:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm using Twinkies as an example of the epitome of "bad" food.
    Well they are a great example of "bad' food.

But you can get a lot more protein and fiber with your carbs, fat and sugar from a dank PB&J than you'd ever get from just about any Hostess offering.

You won't feel like ass trying to live on it either. Twinkies will leave you with that "malnutrition hunger". IDK if you've ever experienced it but I cannot recommend it. Hurts down to the bones. Really messes with your fitness goals and motivation. ;)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2013 9:05pm

Style: being a fatty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's a reason I put "clean" and "junk" in quotations. These are the labels people arbitrarily put on food.

Each and every food has nutritional value, all of them.

The comparison was to make a point.

You're ignoring a few things, however:

Satiation.

Fiber.

You're also ignoring the minimum fiber intake, which mainly comes from vegetables that have carbs in them.
    You should ignore satiation. Satiation is like pain tolerance; people have the urges and succumb to it differently. It's also irrelevant to the discussion of macros since you can hit macros properly whether or not you feel hungry. Many people who start their first cut with IIFYM just man up through the hunger until their cheat meal.

Which also explains the difference in time between cheat meals. Some people run a cheat meal every 2 weeks, others every 2 months. There's one guy on Misc who has never had a cheat meal on his cut (though I don't believe him).

Peanut butter has some protein and a great deal of "good" fats. (Fats are the only things that IIFYM people worry about since they're concerned with the micro cholesterol.)

Fiber, pssshh. Metamucil, done baby. Fiber's a micro too anyways, you dummy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2013 9:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
    You should ignore satiation. Satiation is like pain tolerance; people have the urges and succumb to it differently. It's also irrelevant to the discussion of macros since you can hit macros properly whether or not you feel hungry. Many people who start their first cut with IIFYM just man up through the hunger until their cheat meal.

Which also explains the difference in time between cheat meals. Some people run a cheat meal every 2 weeks, others every 2 months. There's one guy on Misc who has never had a cheat meal on his cut (though I don't believe him).

Peanut butter has some protein and a great deal of "good" fats. (Fats are the only things that IIFYM people worry about since they're concerned with the micro cholesterol.)

Fiber, pssshh. Metamucil, done baby. Fiber's a micro too anyways, you dummy.
    I think satiation is relevant because even though you can meet your macros if you're hungry, you're more likely to mess your macros up if you're always hungry.

This is a diet after all, first and foremost.

I guess if you're going to supplement everything then there's no point in restricting yourself beyond meeting macros.

But if you're not...

You're going to have to eat yer fucking veggies.

I see you've educated yourself since the v-cut thread, good on you, bro.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2013 11:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Tang Soo Don't Retired

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is there any Bullshido member who is FORMALLY educated in proper nutrition for active individuals? You know, like a college degree etc. and not some **** you heard or read about in a muscle magazine. I think REAL knowledge would be a great help to the membership. Thanks.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast