232698 Bullies, 3607 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 30 of 63
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Mister is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Posts
    642

    Posted On:
    9/06/2013 5:42pm


     Style: Injured

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander View Post
    Are you familiar with a strawman? Cuz that's all that article is.
    I don't get how it's a strawman.
  2. DerAuslander is offline
    DerAuslander's Avatar

    Valiant Monk of Booze & War

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,451

    Posted On:
    9/06/2013 5:46pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    I don't get how it's a strawman.
    Do you know what a strawman is?
  3. Mister is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Posts
    642

    Posted On:
    9/06/2013 6:03pm


     Style: Injured

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander View Post
    Do you know what a strawman is?
    Yeah, an argument defending something nobody is arguing against.
  4. DerAuslander is offline
    DerAuslander's Avatar

    Valiant Monk of Booze & War

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,451

    Posted On:
    9/07/2013 2:09pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    Yeah, an argument defending something nobody is arguing against.
    No, that is not a strawman.
  5. Mister is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Posts
    642

    Posted On:
    9/07/2013 3:52pm


     Style: Injured

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander View Post
    No, that is not a strawman.
    Okay, so I don't know.
  6. legomepanda is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Illinois. Yay.
    Posts
    434

    Posted On:
    9/07/2013 4:49pm


     Style: grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So if a cup of vegetable oil fits my macros it's ok for me to drink a cup of vegetable oil? And, seriously, I don't know why you keep bringing up pro bodybuilders, most of the people here a.) won't take steroids. b.) can't afford steroids. c.) are already taking steroids and all this eat whatever the **** you want stuff totally applies to them.
  7. Mister is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Posts
    642

    Posted On:
    9/07/2013 5:53pm


     Style: Injured

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by legomepanda View Post
    So if a cup of vegetable oil fits my macros it's ok for me to drink a cup of vegetable oil? And, seriously, I don't know why you keep bringing up pro bodybuilders, most of the people here a.) won't take steroids. b.) can't afford steroids. c.) are already taking steroids and all this eat whatever the **** you want stuff totally applies to them.
    No, you can't have a cup of vegetable oil because, well...because this is fucking ridiculous, a cup of vegetable oil has 1927kcal and 218g of fat.

    There are no macros for that.

    But a spoon is fine.

    And...

    Why do you assume they're on steroids?

    It's not eat whatever the **** you want.

    There's a carb ceiling, a fat ceiling and a fiber and protein minimum.

    If you eat icecream all day you won't be getting a whole lot of fiber or protein.
  8. -TANK- is offline

    Lightweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    148

    Posted On:
    9/08/2013 1:31am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo, Wrestling, TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We just follow the eat more often, and less amount the old "fist" method, ie if the amount of food is bigger than your fist, its too much.

    Lots of greens and vegetables, like the Gracie diet pushes, that diet actually works.

    Stopped mixing starches/carbs, abdominal gas dropped almost to zero. ie pasta AND bread, either one but not both- at a meal.

    Worked for me.
  9. Mister is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Posts
    642

    Posted On:
    9/08/2013 9:32am


     Style: Injured

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by -TANK- View Post
    We just follow the eat more often, and less amount the old "fist" method, ie if the amount of food is bigger than your fist, its too much.

    Lots of greens and vegetables, like the Gracie diet pushes, that diet actually works.

    Stopped mixing starches/carbs, abdominal gas dropped almost to zero. ie pasta AND bread, either one but not both- at a meal.

    Worked for me.
    These are good and simple eating habits if you don't want to count calories, bro.

    If you lost weight on this kind of diet it could be not because of things like meal frequency, size or even the amount of vegetables you ate.

    But because you've simply been eating less calories than you have before you started this diet.

    The conditions of IIFYM are macros and total calories.

    To fulfill these conditions you will be eating "clean" food most of the time.

    The "junk" food itself isn't bad for you. The balance you make between carbs, fat, protein and total calories is what's bad for you.

    A typical "junk" food diet would be like 30g protein, 200g carbs and 100g fat and very little fiber.

    This doesn't fit IIFYM, to fix this diet would require eliminating most of the fatty high carb food to add more protein and fibrous food.

    But you can still have some of the food you like everyday.

    The total combination of food for the day is what matters not each and every food by itself.

    And if the combination is 80% "clean" and 20% "dirty". (As would be required for a proper IIFYM diet).

    The whole combination is "clean".

    I hope I'm expressing myself properly.
  10. legomepanda is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Illinois. Yay.
    Posts
    434

    Posted On:
    9/08/2013 11:29am


     Style: grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, ok, so what you're saying is "junk" food really isn't that great and you should stay away from it to stay within a healthy diet? That makes sense.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.