Administrator

Posted On:
    8/28/2013 5:34pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Leg Lock Videos.

I just got done doing an impromptu leg lock seminar. I did the rolling toe hold and did trouble shooting with it, an advanced leg lock sweep, and trouble shooting the knee bar. It's over an hours worth of footage so if you guys are interested let me know what specifically you want to see and I'll edit it down.

If you're not interested that's fine by me too.

Posted On:
    8/28/2013 7:32pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    would it be presumptuous to want to see all of it?
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/28/2013 7:49pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it would be a bit too much.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    8/28/2013 8:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I just got done doing an impromptu leg lock seminar. I did the rolling toe hold and did trouble shooting with it, an advanced leg lock sweep, and trouble shooting the knee bar. It's over an hours worth of footage so if you guys are interested let me know what specifically you want to see and I'll edit it down.

i not only want to see it all, but i want you to give me excuses as to why i thought it was a legal judo move when i get called on it. something better than,

Quote Originally Posted by boston kneebar guy
    WHAT!!! I can't use a NEEBAH?

maybe i can claim that like ude garami, or kimura to you butt scooters, which in judo only attacks the elbow (even when it attacks the shoulder) the kneebar also only attacks the elbow, even when it attacks the knee. that should fly, right?

(to those who don't get the joke, shoulder attacks are illegal in judo but people still win with ude garami, which usually attacks the shoulder, and the reason it's allowed is that it *can* attack the elbow, and it's too hard to see which is being applied. leg attacks are not allowed at all.)
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    8/28/2013 10:36pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post

I'm very interested. Out of the three things you list, I can't think of one that I don't want to see. Troubleshooting the rolling toe hold and the knee bar are especially appealing to me.

Would it be possible to break it up into three shorter videos, instead of one long one?

Posted On:
    8/28/2013 11:33pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    I'm very interested. Out of the three things you list, I can't think of one that I don't want to see. Troubleshooting the rolling toe hold and the knee bar are especially appealing to me.

Would it be possible to break it up into three shorter videos, instead of one long one?
    I second this motion^, although if I had to pick one it'd be the leg lock sweep.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    8/29/2013 3:03am

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I also cast my vote for the kneebar. I favor leglocks more than the average bjjer but for the life of me can't seem to hit kneebars at the same percentage as I do footlocks.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/29/2013 12:18pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll break up the videos. After a longer look the kneebar that I went over was actually the second move against a kneebar counter that turns into a calf slicer. It'll give me something to do over the long weekend.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/29/2013 4:24pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!