mma review ratings
    Aliveness: 10

Equipment: 8

Gym Size: 9

Atmosphere/Attitude: 10

Striking Instruction: 6

Grappling Instruction: 9

Weapons Instruction: 1

I've been with Rodrigo Mendes for over 2 years, now, and figure it's time to give a review. I'll do my best to be objective, but I love this place - it's my home.

RMBJJ is located in the shopping center at the northwest corner of Linton and Federal, in Delray Beach, FL. For those not familiar with the area, this means easy access from east Delray and Boca Raton, and for everyone else via I-95.

Rodrigo is currently a second-degree black belt, earning his initial black under "Dedeco," Andre Almeida. He's always working on improving his art by training with some of the top names in BJJ.

Delray Beach is the RMBJJ "headquarters," but there are satellite locations, including internationally. I won't detail those, here, but they exist and Rodrigo regularly trains in those locations as well as DB.

The atmosphere is terrific. It's a no-drama, all-inclusive, BJJ love-fest. Everyone is helpful and friendly. There is a significant female enrollment, which is fantastic. BJJ is an art in which females can and do excel, and RMBJJ boasts several female competitors.

We train hard. We train a lot. Several of our guys compete regularly in amateur MMA matches. Many of us compete in IBJJF, NAGA, Grappler's Quest, Florida State BJJ, other regional inter- and intra-school competitions.

Facilities include M and F restrooms, and generous locker space. There are 4 heavy bags, grappling dummies, medicine balls, yoga balls... No showers or weights, yet, but "we're working on it." Stadium-style seats are available for spectators/parents.

The mats are 1x2 meter Zebras, there's a shade over 1000 square foot of mat space. They are cleaned/disinfected daily, and are in great shape.

RMBJJ is a Gracie Barra affiliated school.

Find RMBJJ online at http://www.rmbjjacademy.com, and check the Facebook page for regular updates.

Posted On:
    8/28/2013 5:02pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And that's how you review a school folks.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    8/28/2013 5:04pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for getting a photo in there, Phrost.