Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2013 1:05pm

Style: Bowie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkansan View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on what all is included in the second edition. To my mind that is more than enough to justify picking it up, I have really enjoyed the first edition and the one thing I am not frugal on is good books.
    Fair enough.

I hope you enjoy it. :)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2013 9:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been getting really interested in the broad history of grappling around the world so I really want this book. Could anyone recommend other historical wrestling manuals to keep me busy? I'll do a search but recommendations are always helpful.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/26/2013 8:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cereus View Post
    I've been getting really interested in the broad history of grappling around the world so I really want this book. Could anyone recommend other historical wrestling manuals to keep me busy? I'll do a search but recommendations are always helpful.
    http://www.klocktower.org/ringen/aue...ranslation.pdf - a very nicely produced facsmilie of Fabian von Auerswald's 1539 treatise on what is basically sport wrestling, with translations.

http://www.wiktenauer.com/wiki/Volls..._Georg_Pascha) - Pascha's 1659 unarmed combat manual. It's at least as much "how to win a tavern brawl" as it is wrestling per se.

Most historical German, Italian etc. martial arts treatises have substantial unarmed combat sections; NB that it often segues into dagger combat. Try searching for "Kampfringen" (German).

Here are a few videos:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2013 8:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks a lot, tbh I don't mind if it goes into dagger combat. I'm only limiting myself to reading about grappling because I tend to try and read everything at once and get no where, just a bad habit. I also train in grappling so it seems the logical place to start.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12