232670 Bullies, 3887 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. 5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

WTF, WTF?: New Female Taekwondo Uniform Design

Thanks to the crack reporting on Mas Tae Kwon Do's English site, we have been made aware of a fascinating new development in the world of the World Tae Kwon Do Federation: Sexy new uniforms for chicks!

The designer, Juanjo Padros, director of the ATF (Andorra Taekwondo Federation) and member of the European Union Executive Committee, used high-tec, space age (only just) lycra to design two new doboks for female TKD competitors. One version displayed here is good and clinging and vaguely resembles a cheap (sexy) Halloween costume a pair of good stilettos away from forcing me to remove those parentheses. The second version we're all eager to see is apparently a "dress with a skirt and lycra pants", because there need to be more layers?

I don't get it (To be fair, it's probably a translation issue)

Still, I think I speak for all of us when I say that we would very much like to see the new lycra TKD skirt.

WTF indeed.

Mr. Padros, as so clearly explained in MasTKD's article, elucidates his reasons for developing this totally new and necessary female uniform as follows- clarification provided by BS.net.

According Padros (the creator of this new female Dobok), the main reasons for creating this new uniform were:

1) Renew the female Taekwondo image and make a better difference between the male and female categories. (For to make more sexy)

2) Adapt the modern fabrics used now in sports to Taekwondo (wait, if it's already in use, what are this?).

3) Ease and release the (sexy) body movements in Taekwondo (cause the existing uniform was so restrictive?)

4) Adapt the latest medical and computer technologies applied to fabrics (bullshit).

5) Improve Taekwondo image in the TV and press (sex sells).

On the other hand the creator of this new female Dobok (I don't think this means what you think it means) detailed five reasons why he thinks this new model should be the competitive circuit:

1) All scientific evidence (lolnope) suggests that new fabrics are vital to fit the body and allow a better freedom of movement, creating more definition (HUBBA HUBBA) and clean movements. People (men) will enjoy better definition (curves) and movement.

2) The latest advances in medicine and physiotherapy (is word! {actually, it is(Well **** you)} ), as tiping (not word!) or other techniques, can be applied to (tight) Doboks (on sexy wominz).

3) The new technologies like blood pressure, heart beat, and temperature control chips can be applied in the new Doboks, and thus show to the world the most modern and innovative martial art and sport. (Cannot into sentence, but SCIENCE)

4) Sometimes, for amateur spectators (men), it is difficult to differentiate if it is a female or male combat. With these new models, the categories will be easier to differentiate (cause sexy). It is also important the competition in other martial arts like Judo and Karate (neither of which is doing this stupid thing).

5) The most important reason is to take a better advantage (exploit) of our female competitors because they are a treasure (object). It is important to show that practicing Taekwondo gives good health (subtle fat shaming), helps to stay fit (fat shaming) and gives a beautiful body shape ([color=red]fat pillorying]. This last issue must be exploited (wait? I don't have to do anything) and must be used to promote Taekwondo in this specific moment, after the success in the Olympics and a great World Championship, to attract television and mass media interest (like how Olympic swimming supported Baywatch, amirite?).
    Public reaction so far has been more or less in line with what I am typing; collectively, we see through a transparent attempt to unnecessarily sexualize a martial art- specifically, just the women- in a naked- or at least skin tight clad- grab for ad revenue.

When reached for comment, one anonymous female TKD player said:

It's hard enough being a woman in martial arts, facing casual micro-aggressions from my instructors. What I do not need is to be singled out in my uniform, sexualized, and made to look like someone who is pretending to be a martial artist.
    On the actual other hand, wrestlers of both sexes across the world were too busy trying to free their lycra uniforms from their ass cracks to notice or remark on how their completely functional, skin-tight, minimalist clothing hasn't done anything to pull in viewers.
    Last edited by Stick; 8/28/2013 6:35pm at .

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/28/2013 12:59pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    8/28/2013 1:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the article, Stick. And yeah, **** this noise. With this and the possibility of cutting wrestling from the Olympics, they might as well go ahead and make Pole-Dancing an official event.
    Fight Film Friday
    Watching violence on film, violently.
    Click here to donate!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2013 1:55pm

Style: Holiday Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So now we're going to be bombarded with wall-to-wall camel toe kwon do. Brilliant. Should really help people to take the art more seriously; just like stretchy pants have done for Yoga.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/28/2013 4:20pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Male and female TKD uniforms, 2015:

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/28/2013 8:14pm

staff
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cake of Doom View Post
    So now we're going to be bombarded with wall-to-wall camel toe kwon do. Brilliant. Should really help people to take the art more seriously; just like stretchy pants have done for Yoga.
    Camel toe tae kwon do.... best ever quote.
    Head of BJJ Investigations

p.s. I don't have access to the forums from my workplace, so if you have questions please email me directly, georgettejitsu at gmail.com

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2013 1:27am

Style: Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jitschix View Post
    Camel toe tae kwon do.... best ever quote.
    Where have I seen that uniform before......

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/29/2013 1:47am

staff
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting question coming from "ass cowboy"....

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Bullshido - No BS MMA mobile app
    Head of BJJ Investigations

p.s. I don't have access to the forums from my workplace, so if you have questions please email me directly, georgettejitsu at gmail.com

Posted On:
    8/29/2013 1:53am

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not to be outdone, new no-gi dress regulations from the IBJJF:

Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Posted On:
    8/29/2013 6:05am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conde Koma View Post
    Thanks for the article, Stick. And yeah, **** this noise. With this and the possibility of cutting wrestling from the Olympics, they might as well go ahead and make Pole-Dancing an official event.
    Sounds good. Australia is a world leader in competitive pole dancing. We would get a few medals.

We suck as a nation at wrestling it would be a reasonable trade off.

Every other female sport has sexy clothing.
    Last edited by gregaquaman; 8/29/2013 6:09am at .
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast