Originally Posted by ZeekFreek
1) If he was your close friend wouldn't he ALREADY KNOW how youd done?
2) What questions and assumptions?
I thought you said it was witty.
Originally Posted by BKR
What i've been asked/told in the time i've studied
1. do you think you can kick my ass?
2. Oh yeah i've done *add imaginary art here * for ten years under master *add legendary master here* and i've never lost a fight *add the truth here*.
3. Is it true that you can *add potentially imaginary attack/technique here*.
4. I had to register my hands as deadly weapons cause i've trained *add imaginary unit here*
"So you must watch UFC then, right?"
"Do you do UFC?"
"Is it like that UFC stuff?"
"Did you see UFC last night?"
The above quotes come from those who watch UFC but do not practice any type of MA.
"You a cage fighter?"
"MMA? That's violent that is."
On any kind of explanation of what I do or what MMA is etc, my personal favourite:
"Why would you want to do that?"
I'm writing a book of my life. They can read it as an explanation when I'm finished.
"You should do Krav Mango instead, I heard that's the best martial art ever!"
What I've heard most is: Can you break boards? Are you a black belt? Does that mean that you must register your hands as deadly weapons? You don't look so tough to me. That grappling stuff looks so gay. If you do grappling can you use your hands too? It's amazing how ignorant the public can be.
Originally Posted by Evergrey
"That's nice, but I was asking you if this seat is taken."
Like every grappler I get the "That pretty gay" all the time. I always respond, that I have no problem with it because "I train Jiu Jitsu so I always end up on top." Then I go "Want to grapple?" They always stop making that joke from then on.
I actually have one, a month ago I was at a party and it came up that I do MA (specificaly BJJ), this guy kept asking me to show him some (he was drunk) I refused.
Then he started shoving my shoulder over and over until eventually out of sheer exasperation I dragged his arm across and wrapped my arm around his neck and squeezed, it wasn't even a real choke and I held it for half a second but when I let go he seemed impressed and convinced I was the real deadly, and thus I believe I made a BJJ convert.