Our Sponsors:

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13141516 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/06/2013 10:14am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    Now I have an actual black belt, so I can just say "yes". Much simpler.
    Exactly. People don't care about the minutiae.

"No, see, I play sort of a modern fusion-jazz, with influences from avant-garde musicians like ... hey, where are you going?"

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    9/06/2013 10:15am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    First question is almost always are you a black belt, and for years I had to explain how I didn't have an actual black belt but that I held dan, but then you can't compare dan between styles blah blah blah, eyes glazing over.

Now I have an actual black belt, so I can just say "yes". Much simpler.
    Kano's genius is still benefiting us all, Neil.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2013 12:23pm

Style: 1 technique 1000 times

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This one just happened recently.

I was leaving my school after leading the Saturday morning kids class when a lady stopped me almost 2 whole hours after the kids class had ended.

I had literally been there from 10:30 to 1:30. The lady and her son were both in the mall in the section my school is the whole time. The reason I know this is because the (VERY OVERWEIGHT) kid was running up and down the halls making all sorts of noise and being a huge distraction to the kids during class, which is from 11-11:45.

I get there at least half an hour early to stretch and warm up, and after class I usually stay and do my own training with the extra space/equipment along with a little more privacy than what I get at home, so I can focus better. I leave the gate to the school wide open the whole time I'm there so people can come in and watch, ask for information, etc. This lady stops me after I've locked up and says:

"Can you teach my son some anti-bully fighting techniques? We're really Christian so we don't believe in beating people to a pulp, but he's always getting bullied at school and I want him to be able to defend himself."

The Christian in me does the "face palm" a lot.WebRep

[IMG]chrome://wrc/skin/png/line-dark-horizontal.png[/IMG]Overall rating
    [IMG]chrome://wrc/skin/png/line-dark-horizontal.png[/IMG]

[IMG]chrome://wrc/skin/png/line-dark-horizontal.png[/IMG]

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2013 9:30pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by csharp.negative View Post
    "Can you teach my son some anti-bully fighting techniques? We're really Christian so we don't believe in beating people to a pulp, but he's always getting bullied at school and I want him to be able to defend himself."

The Christian in me does the "face palm" a lot.
    Quoth the Book of Matthew:

38 Ye have heard that it hath been said. An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on they right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also. 41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. 42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. 43 Or kill, kill, kill. 44 Or buckle to the pressures of a cosmopolitan society and do some serious backpedaling. 45 Look, it was just an idea, alright? 46 God...
    Last edited by DARPAChief; 9/07/2013 9:33pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/07/2013 9:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I hear the same argument all the time - including here on Bullshido. In fact, I've heard it from one of the most respected martial artists on this site. And I say it's complete and unadulterated fucking horse ****.

I don't buy it and I don't give a **** if Jesus comes to my house to educate me on the error of my ways. I will tell him the same thing. Bullshit.

I'm still waiting for somebody to show me the "Good Krav". Nobody can because it doesn't fucking exist. They'll post a video or two of teh r34L Krav. Guess what? More bullshit. Every time I see something good it's training that has been altered to the point that it looks like, you guessed it......something else other than Krav McGraw.

It amazes me that people can fall for this unproven, dead uke, I'm too deadly for my shirt bullshit. **** everyone who trains Ku Klux Krav in the fucking ass. And their goddamn nut jugglers. **** the bitchass Israeli military too.

End of rant.
    I met a Krav dude one time who claimed he could puncture people's carotid arteries with his fingers. To survive, he said, you had to hang yourself upside down.

Isn't that how they kill chickens?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2013 3:47am

supporting member
     Style: Staying Alive

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    I met a Krav dude one time who claimed he could puncture people's carotid arteries with his fingers. To survive, he said, you had to hang yourself upside down.

Isn't that how they kill chickens?

I might be wrong but that sounds exactly the right way to bleed out properly a living thing.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/08/2013 6:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zargor View Post

I might be wrong but that sounds exactly the right way to bleed out properly a living thing.

Of course, the farmers are using implements that are actually effective at cutting flesh.

Posted On:
    9/09/2013 1:26am

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One that really pissed me off:

"You should be my hammer. You know, help me collect debts and stuff. You'd love it. You don't have to think and you get to beat people up."

Yeah, cause bening into challenging physical activities automatically makes someone a semi-cognitive barbarian.

>:/

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    9/09/2013 11:34am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    One that really pissed me off:

"You should be my hammer. You know, help me collect debts and stuff. You'd love it. You don't have to think and you get to beat people up."

Yeah, cause bening into challenging physical activities automatically makes someone a semi-cognitive barbarian.

>:/
    Hey, plenty of martial artists would be happy making some goon money on the side.

Posted On:
    9/09/2013 11:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Hey, plenty of martial artists would be happy making some goon money on the side.
    Chunners line up to the left, ninjers to the right.