Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/26/2013 6:49pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Center for Martial Arts, MA

New to the forums, so if this is wrong, sorry.

After trying out the Center for Martial Arts in Western MA I laughed, I cried, I wanted my money back...oh wait, I was smart enough to ask for a one week trial.

"Master Ken" was a 3rd degree black belt having his students refer to him as "master." For those that don't know, you must be a 4th degree in TKD to be a master. This man was a short stocky white guy that could barely kick at thigh height while screaming at kids and teens to kick over their own head.

When he taught forms he got lost and confused and would make the kids start over, sometimes making one of them do push ups, claiming it was there fault that he got off track.

The man talked more than he taught and it was all self glorifying BS. He had pictures of himself everywhere, but none of his students. His facebook page is just videos of hime doing breaks and very poorly at that. He whiffed simple breaks on dry pine boards and then the topper was him labeling a break as 15 boards when you can clearly count that it was 10. The boards had spacers and he dives into them with an elbow, also it appears in the video that the last 3-4 boads didn't break, not that it would be impressive if they did.

He has a school in Chicopee and Greenfield, be warned that the only thing you would be paying for his a uniform and very poor comic relief, you would have better training skyping a cellar dwellar that lives in his mom's basement with a old smelly heavy bag and empty corn chip bags everywhere.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2013 7:13am

Style: Kempo Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.american-te.com/ Is this the school you talking about? Also there is a 3rd Degree Black belt on the instructors list, but I don't want to name him until you do. Can you please name who your making the accusation against. Or are you accusing the entire system?
    Last edited by Galope; 8/27/2013 7:27am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2013 7:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh and can you also post pictures from the facebook page in question. Thank you.

Posted On:
    8/27/2013 8:14am

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey John! This is the investigation forum where false claims are investigated. You have to present false claims with evidence to post here. Sounds like this guy may be inflating his rank now you'll have to document his actual rank and prove he is claiming a higher rank. Also you'll want to disclose your relationship with the school/instructor in question. If you don't follow the protocols for an investigation your post will likely be moved to a more appropriate subforum.

Your best bet might to just write up a review of this school. Of course, read the rules for posting a proper review also. Or if you just wanted to throw your two cents out there next time post it in the ymas forum. Hope the info helps!

Also, I'm not sure why buy Galope gives me a strong douche vibe....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2013 8:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    Also, I'm not sure why buy Galope gives me a strong douche vibe....
    I was actually seeing if there was anything I can help him with this investigation. Plus I was trying to make sure I was following MABS policy before I do anything else. If that was being a douche well....ok.
    Last edited by Galope; 8/27/2013 9:02am at .