Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/25/2013 11:10pm

Bullshido Newbie

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Taekwondo+ Savate-Boxe Fran�aise?

Hi everybody.

First off all, sorry for my bad English, I hope that you guys will at least understand me.

Second, I did a search and I find nothing about what I will ask. If a thread already exist, please give me the link and than hang me as your wish...

Trimo, the point that I will expose are just on what I think have saw. Im a noob. I just would have your opinion.

So, here is my question. Im actually doing teakwondo, the olympic one with no arms for penguins. I actually can't stop this sport for some reasons and I was wondering if practicing Teakwondo with Savate would be good.

1.Like Olym. Taek. has no arms techniques, learning savate's arms techniques would not be a problem?

2. The kick of taek, like savate are whipping. So I could work this point in my taek gym and in my savate gym?

3. The kick are both with the feeth, not the shin. So maybe is it the same fight distance?

4.I have seen some kick that seem similar , am I right?

So, would you recommend the cross-training or It would scrap my training?

Thank you for your answers and have a good day/night.

Posted On:
    8/26/2013 8:13pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey there ! About the English, I'm too a non-native English speaker I recommend you setting your web browser language to English when you are on Bullshido.net

It surely helped me!

On Savate and Taekwondo, It really depends on what you are looking to improve, If you want to be an awesome kicker then go ahead and do both, but you are going to be over specialized

I would personally train some western boxing or grappling to complement the kicking skills,

It depends you on what you want, but head my advice: Fighting and street fighting are composed of many different ranges: Punching distance, Kicking distance, Clinching and Ground fighting

And as may BJJ and coach trainer told me:" Kicking is the hardest distance to maintain during a fight"

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    8/27/2013 2:19pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivity360 View Post
    Hi everybody.

So, here is my question. Im actually doing teakwondo, the olympic one with no arms for penguins.
    This is, perhaps, the best description of Olympic Taekwondo ever. Well done.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    8/29/2013 5:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivity360 View Post
    Hi everybody.

First off all, sorry for my bad English, I hope that you guys will at least understand me.

Second, I did a search and I find nothing about what I will ask. If a thread already exist, please give me the link and than hang me as your wish...

Trimo, the point that I will expose are just on what I think have saw. Im a noob. I just would have your opinion.

So, here is my question. Im actually doing teakwondo, the olympic one with no arms for penguins. I actually can't stop this sport for some reasons and I was wondering if practicing Teakwondo with Savate would be good.

1.Like Olym. Taek. has no arms techniques, learning savate's arms techniques would not be a problem?

2. The kick of taek, like savate are whipping. So I could work this point in my taek gym and in my savate gym?

3. The kick are both with the feeth, not the shin. So maybe is it the same fight distance?

4.I have seen some kick that seem similar , am I right?

So, would you recommend the cross-training or It would scrap my training?

Thank you for your answers and have a good day/night.
    Hello,

As a former Taekwondoka and present day Tireur, I can tell you that there's a significant difference between LBF-S and TKD.
    Even so great that you will need to relearn a lot of your kicking techniques.

The main difference is the stance: full frontal (LBF-S) vs side ways (TKD).

The full frontal stance is needed to incorporate the boxing, which is not effective from a side stance.
    Since with LBF-S, it is 50/50 between punching and kicking, the frontal stance has to be maintained at all costs or you will get punched silly if you end up in side stance. (speaking of experience)

While the mechanism of power generation and chambered kicks is the same, the philosophy is different between the two sports.
    In LBF-S there is no dominant stance, you will need to shift constantly between orthodox and unorthodox foot stance.
    This makes that you will have to learn to perform all you kicks with the right AND left leg.
    This is also true for boxing where we don't speak of jab or cross, but of left direct or right direct.
    Depending of your stance, jab and cross can be left and right or vice versa.

TKD favours a side stance, which means that your "front" leg will do speedy set-up kicks and your "hind" leg will do powerfull finishing kicks. In the long run this will give you a dominant side, which will be a big disadvantage in LBF-S.

In LBF-S, there are two fighting distances where you constantly have to shift in, the one of boxing and the other of kicking.
    TKD has only one distance, the one of kicking.

So in short: while LBF-S looks like a kickboxing version of TKD, there are too many fundamental differences that when you change from TKD to LBF-S, you not only will need to relearn almost everything, but you also need to unlearn a good deal of "bad" habits.
    Last edited by Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs; 8/29/2013 5:17pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

Posted On:
    9/05/2013 4:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think savate is a pretty cool style. The footwork is quite interesting to me. The same goes for tkd but I like savate better because the sparring is more full contact. Its a little known fact that some of the early dutch fathers of kickboxing competed in savate. corbin,hippolyte,etc many others even hoost and kaman i believe.

one thing it teaches well is the defense for the low side kick to the knee which has been used alot lately in the ufc. its confounded alot of people who dont seem to know how to defend it.

you should check out some of the savate fighters from the 80s. i'll look up a list i made if you would like.