Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2013 8:44pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Kids MMA Show on Dateline

After all the negative and erroneous coverage on Youth Pankration someone actually puts out a fair and balanced report. Unfortunately they had to come all the way from Australia !!!!
    WTF is wrong with our media in America, I guess if its not negative its not worth reporting on

http://www.sbs.com.au/dateline/story...-Fighting-Kids

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/06/2013 9:14pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    California banned Youth Pankration after the ?can't remember his position? saw a kid get punched in the face? Rule set bans punches to the face and he must know that being an ex MMA fighter.

Good post OP and thanks for the link.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/06/2013 10:27pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We've been on this subject for months. I personally think Bullshido should go after the CSAC.

Posted On:
    8/07/2013 7:15am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SBS is a stand out reliable news station.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/07/2013 10:57am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How'd I know they'd call it Cage Fighting instead of Mixed Martial Arts?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2013 1:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is a back story to this. Someone sent a very doctored video to several state legislators who put pressure on CSAC to ban kids Martial Arts competitions. CAMO is now attempting to gain full sanctioning authority for Youth Pankration. The USFL is fighting to allow the open competitions legal as long as the rules are not full contact meaning, bouts cannot be won by injury or punishment and all techniques require restraint and control.

You cannot be a supporter of MMA without supporting a developmental league for youth. Especially one that has been vetted and proved safe and responsible.

NFL supports Pop Warner
    MLB supports Little League
    Boxing supports Golden Gloves of America
    But MMA does not support Youth Pankration

Because of Youth Pankration, the next generation of great fighters are coming with the vast experience of hundreds of matches which exclusively require technical experience, even more so than professional and amateur MMA. These bouts cannot be won by punishment, KO's or brutality. Kids matches under these rules are virtually injury free. Points are awarded for properly applied techniques in Grappling, Wrestling and striking arts. When they turn 16 years the can incorporate more of a MMA game plan with head strikes and punishment but still milder than MMA. By that time they will be seasoned vets of the limited contact youth circuit. 12 years of data and the first generation of Youth Pankration fighters are now Pros, coaches, referees and successful people in the Martial Arts community. Just wait for this 2nd generation of kids !

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2013 1:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This video showed the same illegal face strike three consecutive times in slow motion, each time zooming in. The video than transitioned to the same kid on the ground, again in slow motion with a distressed look on her face as in a ground and pound scenario. In short it was portrayed as if she was knocked down and pounded on. The actual video showed an illegal face strike, the referee halting the bout, issuing a warning and awarding a penalty point.

The first part of this video is what the state senators saw and the second part is what actually occurred:

Posted On:
    8/08/2013 9:22pm

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by socalpankration View Post
    This video showed the same illegal face strike three consecutive times in slow motion, each time zooming in. The video than transitioned to the same kid on the ground, again in slow motion with a distressed look on her face as in a ground and pound scenario. In short it was portrayed as if she was knocked down and pounded on. The actual video showed an illegal face strike, the referee halting the bout, issuing a warning and awarding a penalty point.

The first part of this video is what the state senators saw and the second part is what actually occurred:

That definitely shows the important part of what was missed. Sad.
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2013 9:20pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not a fan of Kid MMA because in my opinion, the best MMA fighters tend to come from a specific background they trained at a young age, getting to MMA at a young age, therefore being taught MMA all at once might make them medicore MMA fighters.

That's just my opinion of course.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/29/2013 10:56am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental Fist View Post
    I'm not a fan of Kid MMA because in my opinion, the best MMA fighters tend to come from a specific background they trained at a young age, getting to MMA at a young age, therefore being taught MMA all at once might make them medicore MMA fighters.

That's just my opinion of course.
    Pankration tournaments are full of people from specific backgrounds competing in a general contest. In a given tournament, I've seen wrestlers, BJJers, a muay thai guy, karate guys and some of my kung fu guys.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast