Registered Member

New Braunfels, Texas by way of Long Island

Posted On:
    8/26/2013 7:12pm

supporting member
     Style: DT Instructor

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ****. Is the up arrow good rep or bad rep? Tried to give a dude good rep and it turned red.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/26/2013 7:21pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by killface View Post

So you want to deny treatment for poor people?
    We have programs in place for lower income families in all states. In all actuality, in America, the system is widely broken. You'd have to fix the definition of poor. The class divide is huge to the point where middle class salaries are now considered "poor."

Also medical fees can even become a problem for "middle class" people.
    It already is a problem. Poor is a broad term and is hard to quantify.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2013 7:21pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Your ability to generate money is directly related to what you provide society.
    So a parent raising children properly is providing NOTHING to society? Someone programming free software that gets widely used in industry provides NOTHING to society? Tesla being quite poor, providing NOTHING worthwhile for society?

A banker earning lets say hundred times more than a nurse is hundred times more valuable than the nurse for society?

Market value and value for society are different things. And no society is not all about money. We call streets after the Curie family even though they were piss poor.
    Last edited by killface; 8/26/2013 7:27pm at .

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    8/26/2013 7:26pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now you sound reasonable.

In the richer parts of the world though, you can be obese while living from welfare. Also medical fees can even become a problem for "middle class" people.
    As we can produce food quite cheaply these days, obesity isnít exactly a problem of the higher classes anymore.

You could try to argue that the money for medical treatment of obesity could be better spent in developing nations where people are starving. This could be theoretically reasonable to say but in practice it isnít even possible to link the obesity to the illness people have. Obese people have just an higher risk of getting health issue. Just like people that donít sleep enough, smoke and so on.
    Dude, if you're going to move the goalposts, at least stay on the same field. But, I'm glad you agree with me.

Posted On:
    8/26/2013 7:31pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dana White a lot of people love you,

Could you please comment on this thread soon? Fat people are still fat and go fatter every second they are not forced to train Striking and grappling,

Please consider this project.

My kindest Regards

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/26/2013 7:31pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So a parent raising children properly is providing NOTHING to society? Someone programming free software that gets widely used in industry provides NOTHING to society? Tesla being quite poor, providing NOTHING worthwhile for society?

A banker earning lets say hundred times more than a nurse is hundred times more valuable than the nurse for society?

Market value and value for society are different things. And no society is not all about money. We call streets after the Curie family even though they were piss poor.
    Woooooooooaaaaaaaahhhhhh.

I'm pretty sure you didn't grasp the meaning of that sentence.

Posted On:
    8/26/2013 7:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

YEAH DANA WHITE'S TRIBUTES

Your superior skill at motivating people will surely take hundreds out of fatness and inspire thousands across the globe.

We count on you Dana

Again I must ask you to consider this project

My deepest regards to you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2013 9:31pm

Style: Seidokaikan

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow. This thread is getting out of hand quick. All I was going for in the last line of my post was that I make a conscious effort to reject the whole balance sheet/prosperity gospel line that has been playing in the background my whole life where people are investments and money always equals virtue if we just waterboard the logic long enough. I don't want to pay for your healthcare so I can turn you into a healthy taxpayer who can pay for mine later. I don't want to feed (insert racist parody name here)'s eight kids in the projects so they don't grow up and rob me. I want to do those things because I'm not a monster and I want to live in a civilization.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/26/2013 9:44pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGalt View Post
    Wow. This thread is getting out of hand quick. All I was going for in the last line of my post was that I make a conscious effort to reject the whole balance sheet/prosperity gospel line that has been playing in the background my whole life where people are investments and money always equals virtue if we just waterboard the logic long enough. I don't want to pay for your healthcare so I can turn you into a healthy taxpayer who can pay for mine later. I don't want to feed (insert racist parody name here)'s eight kids in the projects so they don't grow up and rob me. I want to do those things because I'm not a monster and I want to live in a civilization.
    LOL. The thread was out of hand before you posted.

Posted On:
    8/26/2013 10:01pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    LOL. The thread was out of hand before you posted.
    WHEN RURIK IS POSTING THERE IS NEVER PEACE NOR MERCY

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast