Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/25/2013 5:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RurikGreenwulf View Post
    Very good analysis, Aye I realize it wont have much effect unless is followed up with proper diet and most important a desire for a healthier life.

But I believe it could be a good first step towards a better life for at least a few people
    The problem isn't that people don't want a healthier lifestyle they are not educated on how to do it. Their is a lot of wrong information out their such as eating fat will make you fat. I have a simple way of loosing weight don't put anything in your mouth that has more sugar than fiber. But it takes a lot of will power as sugar addiction is rampant and people don't see rock bottom.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2013 5:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Not the argument anyone was trying to make. However I am pretty sure me not paying for them to have heart surgeries or there diabities meds and supplies is a lot cheaper than paying for it. That is if we are willing to go ahead and let them die. Which I am actually all for. Adults make descisions on how to live why should I pay to keep them alive? They make poor choices they should live or die with the consquences.
    I think Katje made some good points here.

Also if we decide to not pay for them, this also means hurting family and friends of obese people. Children with obese parents would have their lives ruined by paying for their parents medical treatment. Is it fair to make them choose between letting their parents die and living a horrible life in debt?

Plus early and good treatment can help to reduce the like-hood of more serious health problem later. Oh and they can possibly keep being or become a productive part of the workforce.

It is not about choice. I doubt the majority of the obese people was thinking "**** it i am going to get as fat as i can so that goodlum will have to pay for my medical bills".

Even if some serial killer just killed hundreds of people, when he gets into an car accident, he will get proper treatment at the hospital. Sure he might get punished later but the doctor will still do everything to safe his life.

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    How so? Explain this so it is clear and not vague.
    Sometimes I am vague on purpose. It is interesting how people interpret it.

The benefit of having a public funded health care system is greater than the damage done by taking taxes to finance it. (Yes I could imagine some corner cases but most of the time. Also assuming that the taxes are reasonable and some other stuff).

Do you want to argue this?

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/25/2013 5:44pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by killface View Post

The benefit of having a public funded health care system is greater than the damage done by taking taxes to finance it. (Yes I could imagine some corner cases but most of the time. Also assuming that the taxes are reasonable and some other stuff).
    Hunh? Is that how it works in your country? Publicly funded in America would be through taxes.

Sometimes I am vague on purpose. It is interesting how people interpret it.
    Do you want to argue this?
    IF i choose to be a dick, like you, and agrue I'll make sure to dump this post in trollshido. Being vague on purpose means you want to troll. This is a discussion and people are being honest with their replies, while you are not.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2013 6:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hunh? Is that how it works in your country? Publicly funded in America would be through taxes.
    Yes through taxes, that is what I said? Did you misread or what is your question?

IF i choose to be a dick, like you, and agrue I'll make sure to dump this post in trollshido. Being vague on purpose means you want to troll. This is a discussion and people are being honest with their replies, while you are not.
    One can surely think of different reasons for being vague. Oh and you are telling me playing devil's advocate is not a legit discussion technique? I don�t think I used it here though.

I have to admit that I still hope the people that suggested to deny obese people medical treatment were not fully serious.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/25/2013 6:20pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes through taxes, that is what I said? Did you misread or what is your question?
    Yes, the punctuation threw me off.

One can surely think of different reasons for being vague.
    Of course, but not when you admit you want to see reactions instead of making a point.

Oh and you are telling me playing devil's advocate is not a legit discussion technique? I don�t think I used it here though.
    I have no clue what you mean here as I only addressed being vague. I have no clue where you pulled out "Devil's advocate." That wouldn't be vague, you have a clearly delineated position.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 8/25/2013 6:29pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/25/2013 6:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** it. Just accept the inevitable martial arts fad to follow ultimate fighting:

Posted On:
    8/25/2013 7:08pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    **** it. Just accept the inevitable martial arts fad to follow ultimate fighting:

Not if comrade White can't stop it!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2013 7:17pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, the punctuation threw me off.
    Ah OK. By the way, feel free to correct any errors in my writing when you feel like it. I am always glad to learn.

Of course, but not when you admit you want to see reactions instead of making a point.
    Por qu no los dos?

And of course one wants to see reactions in a debate.

I have no clue what you mean here as I only addressed being vague. I have no clue where you pulled out "Devil's advocate." That wouldn't be vague, you have a clearly delineated position.
    You accused me on being dishonest. Devil's advocate is a example of being dishonest while aiding the discussion.

Posted On:
    8/25/2013 7:21pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Por qu no los dos?

And of course one wants to see reactions in a debate.

You accused me on being dishonest. Devil's advocate is a example of being dishonest while aiding the discussion.
    A este foro le falta mas espaol, jeje

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    8/25/2013 8:01pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just wanted to make sure. I don�t tend to assume people lack basic moral.

Paying for health care is far cheaper than not paying. Desperate people with guns are quite dangerous. You should willingly pay for it even if you don�t care about moral. (Oh and you profit from other people getting vaccinated if you don�t live alone in the woods.)
    Not sure where you're going with the gun thing, but you're way off on your insinuation about my morals. You have no idea how much money I give to what charities - to consider me immoral because I can't or won't do more is just trolling.

One can surely think of different reasons for being vague. Oh and you are telling me playing devil's advocate is not a legit discussion technique? I don�t think I used it here though.

I have to admit that I still hope the people that suggested to deny obese people medical treatment were not fully serious.
    I never suggested they should be denied medical treatment. Let them have as much treatment for their self-induced condition that they can afford.

How much of the money they spent on gluttony during their entire wasted lives would have been better used on gym memberships, bicycles, thighmasters, etc.? Overeaters Anonymous is free, by the way...
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast