232772 Bullies, 3476 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 201 to 210 of 257
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111718192021 22232425 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. PDA is offline
    PDA's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    873

    Posted On:
    9/20/2013 12:23pm

    supporting member
     Style: MMA

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keslet View Post
    Couple of things before I respond to anybody directly...

    My post is huge because a) it posted twice, which was a screwup, and b) every word that IIF wrote in his posts directed at me is included verbatim. That means no searching through the thread for what was said where, because its all there in one post, and I can position my responses right there with the exact statements they relate to. If I say something was presented as opinion without supporting statements, its right by what will show it either was or it wasn't. If someone claims there is a misinterpretation, then the words are right there for a reader to form their own opinion.

    If somebody actually has the patience and interest to really read it then this eliminates a lot of pointless back and forth (I.e., "I never said...", "You're putting words in my mouth...", etc.).


    Second - Structure of a debate - generally speaking, there is a topic of some sort, at least two differing positions on that topic (otherwise it would be a speech), and information that relates to that position (otherwise its nothing but an opinion, which is fine to have but in and of itself has little persuasive power). When I refer to structure of an argument, in this context, I am referring to my portion of the debate...position on a topic that I then support in some way.

    I'm not trying to be condescending by writing out something so basic, but terms are being tossed back and forth here that may have different meanings to different people, so this is what I mean when I say these words.
    R U A virgin?
    King without a crown
  2. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,098

    Posted On:
    9/20/2013 12:57pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keslet View Post
    If I missed something let me know...I have no problem admitting to a mistake.
    We have, repeatedly, all we get is double talk, condescension, sophistry and pedantry from you.
  3. Keslet is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Badlands of Ohio
    Posts
    310

    Posted On:
    9/20/2013 4:20pm


     Style: Wrestle, Kickbox, Aikido

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    He doesn't get where he fucked up.

    I told him two things:
    1) Don't be that guy, a rage quitting poster.
    2) Don't complain about respect when your first post's tone is full of sarcasm.


    Yep, after all of your dissertations (SARCASM):


    I do enjoy the repeated use of Thesis and Dissertation, in your poor attempt at explaining that I am missing things. LOL. Next time, I'll use the word TIRADE to make you happy.
    Yes, you are exactly right, those were the only two points you really made.

    And your contention is that "I" don't know where "I" "Fucked Up" because, what, I was unaware that those were your only points?

    ???

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Oh, this is too good! The guy who is so merciless in slamming everybody else for poor comprehension and misunderstanding just did a total, Epic, FAIL!

    Oh...Oh...Lord have Mercy...

    Okay, my whole "Dissertation" was really saying EXACTLY that, and then you trot out one of MY main points as what you think is YOUR Big WIN? I was getting all ready to baby step you through until I could get you to admit that you hadn't made ANY arguments to support MOST of the monkey **** flying out of your cage, which is the quintessential Bullshido of Debate...but you beat me to it and hand it to me on a silver platter!

    See, if you had just stuck to the two points you acknowledge making, I never would have written the post...the fact that you were totally unwilling to back up any of the other crap you kept throwing into the pot, as a Senior Staff Member for a website dedicated to eradicating Bullshitters???

    Come on man, you have got to see the irony in that!

    OMG my chest hurts from laughing man, hand to God!

    You probably still don't get it...Here, let me show you:

    " Quite frankly, your contribution to this discussion has been pretty much crap to this point, despite your apparent sense that you have generated some really AWESOME content! I mean, from here on out you keep referencing how I have been too stupid to understand the wisdom you have laid down. You haven’t made any kind of complex point yet…you really haven’t made any real points at all in the accepted sense What the **** do you think you have said that is so profound that any literate individual would have difficulty with the meaning? Simple statements of personal opinion with no support? Basically, from a debate standpoint, this is kindergarten level. "

    "Not a single example of you actually organizing an argument…presenting a thesis you are going to argue, providing evidence to support the claim, an explanation of why the evidence supports the claim, and so forth (Purdue OWL). You have four posts in this thread in response to my engagement with it, and your net contribution to the debate? Not a damn thing of any real substance."


    Okay, okay, no one wants to read another wall of text, so I'll just put some relevant quotes at the end...read em or don't. In a nutshell, RAGE QUITTING was never an issue, IIF made an assumption, and the whole "complaining about tone" non-issue? The only one who kept bringing it up...WAS IIF! Take a look...all in response to his comments on it. I never really cared!



    RAGEAHOLIC
    Post 150 - Sorry if it came across as raging, I'm not pissed, just not sure if I'm being trolled or not...

    Post 185 - I respect that he seems to sincerely believe what he's saying. That's why I'm still talking to him. Like I said before, if he was just trolling and being argumentative I would have moved on. He's not, so we're talking.

    So, RAGE and RAGE QUITTING? Never was an issue.

    TONE - As in 'Respectful' or no...
    Post 175 - IIF I didn't complain about tone in the quote you posted initially...I said he isn't presenting a consistent platform to debate.

    Post 190 - You are wrong about the "complaining about tone" issue, just flat out.

    Post 197 - Okay, so you weigh in with an opinion that I was sarcastic and disrespectful, oh so sarcastic, and having set the tone I shouldn’t complain about it.

    Post 197 - Later, in post 191, you return to your misunderstanding of what I was doing by referencing my “harping on snarkiness”. One line in one long post (166) mentions Goodlun’s more respectful and COHERENT responses to PL, which was really the main issue…the respectful piece could be completely left out and the point still stands.

    Post 197 - I’m sorry, what did I misunderstand that is explained by your explanation of context and direction of the dialogue? How does any of that relate to the ‘complaining about tone’ issue? I’m looking at what you wrote, its all listed above…nope, nothing there. I clearly understand that you thought I was sarcastic and disrespectful, which has nothing to do with whether you did or didn’t say I was complaining about tone. This is total bullshit, a Non Sequitor where you have the appearance of logical structure but your own premises either don’t hold up or simply don’t exist.
    Last edited by Keslet; 9/20/2013 4:35pm at .
  4. PDA is offline
    PDA's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    873

    Posted On:
    9/20/2013 4:30pm

    supporting member
     Style: MMA

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keslet View Post
    Yes
    Thought so
    King without a crown
  5. Tranquil Suit is online now
    Tranquil Suit's Avatar

    I have emotions.

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,603

    Posted On:
    9/20/2013 4:38pm

    supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PDA View Post
    Thought so
    Sigh, why do virgins have such a bad rep...

    (tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40
  6. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,098

    Posted On:
    9/20/2013 4:55pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like your wordy covered admission that you NOW get my point, but you are still claiming to be correct. Please continue, W.Rabbit has nothing on you.

    Thanks for finally, sort of admitting, you read it wrong.

    LOL, the irony is you bitching about derails, while arguing a derail with goodlun. It's funny because goodlun's entire argument is a derail from "hey dana create something to save the fat Americans."
  7. Keslet is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Badlands of Ohio
    Posts
    310

    Posted On:
    9/20/2013 5:15pm


     Style: Wrestle, Kickbox, Aikido

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PDA View Post
    R U A virgin?
    Well, could be...how much you offering, Sailor?
  8. goodlun is online now
    goodlun's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona
    Posts
    5,583

    Posted On:
    9/20/2013 5:19pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    LOL, the irony is you bitching about derails, while arguing a derail with goodlun. It's funny because goodlun's entire argument is a derail from "hey dana create something to save the fat Americans."
    Lol you missed the best part, the IT derail/Tangent/Tantrum that he invited by trying to make a detailed argument but I get to take ownership of it.
  9. Keslet is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Badlands of Ohio
    Posts
    310

    Posted On:
    9/20/2013 5:21pm


     Style: Wrestle, Kickbox, Aikido

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I like your wordy covered admission that you NOW get my point, but you are still claiming to be correct. Please continue, W.Rabbit has nothing on you.

    Thanks for finally, sort of admitting, you read it wrong.

    LOL, the irony is you bitching about derails, while arguing a derail with goodlun. It's funny because goodlun's entire argument is a derail from "hey dana create something to save the fat Americans."
    No, YOUR wrong and I'M right!

    (Huh...conciseness is a hell of lot easier, if nothing else)
  10. Keslet is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Badlands of Ohio
    Posts
    310

    Posted On:
    9/20/2013 5:24pm


     Style: Wrestle, Kickbox, Aikido

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Lol you missed the best part, the IT derail/Tangent/Tantrum that he invited by trying to make a detailed argument but I get to take ownership of it.
    God I wish I'd just used something other than IT as an example...one throwaway line and it was an anchor around my neck for 50 posts...
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111718192021 22232425 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.