Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/20/2013 1:05am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow that is a serious wall of text .
    I have no idea what you are arguing about but I'm sure it is absolutely worth spending that much time on.
    One or two more posts like that and you will undoubtably bring everybody round to your way of thinking.
    King without a crown

Posted On:
    9/20/2013 1:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PDA View Post
    I have no idea what you are arguing about but I'm sure it is absolutely worth spending that much time on.
    Well if it makes you feel better, after reading some of his smug yet incoherent ranting/rambling I am not entirely sure he knows what he is arguing about either.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2013 5:50am

Style: Wrestle, Kickbox, Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PDA View Post
    Wow that is a serious wall of text .
    One or two more posts like that and you will undoubtably bring everybody round to your way of thinking.

Oh, I have no illusions, but this was never intended to persuade the average reader of what's being discussed at this point in the thread. This was all for IIF. When arguing with a pedant, you gotta get pedantic.

No worries, though...1 or 2 more posts like that make Homer go crazy...that was a one shot.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2013 5:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    You know the use of the quote /quote tags would go a long way towards that being legible. If you want to quote across multiple post there is a multi-quote button its the one with the "+ also you may want to edit it as it looks like it double posted which makes it look even longer.
    I wrote it in Word so it wouldn't get accidentally erased again. I did try to include a number of breaks within the text, though...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2013 6:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know the use of the quote /quote tags would go a long way towards that being legible. If you want to quote across multiple post there is a multi-quote button its the one with the "+ also you may want to edit it as it looks like it double posted which makes it look even longer.
    You are definitely correct that it doubled my post up though...not giving me the option to edit it that I can see, though...ill try it from my laptop and see if it lets me. Thanks

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2013 6:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, option to edit is gone...if a mod could allow me to remove the repeated post that would be great...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2013 6:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You spent all that time, crafting two long ass posts, to still get it wrong?
    Two things:
    1) Learn how to use the quote function.
    2) Arguing your own straw man arguments doesn't mean you have a "structured argument."

The fact you had to visit Purdue owl's tutorial is all I needed to read. Yep, I have posts attacking your bullshit, don't like it? Stop being a pretentious, condescending, diploma spewing, git and argue goodlun's point not your own.

1) Wrote it in a word processor, not online within the forum reply box...had to cut and paste. Had it formatted to make it more clear which statements were yours, but it didn't transfer when I brought it over as a post. Did helpfully double up what I had written for some reason, though, so there's that...

2) Yes, arguing my own Straw Man doesn't make an argument "structured"...good thing I never said that...If only I had stated what would make a structured argument...

"... organizing an argument…presenting a thesis you are going to argue, providing evidence to support the claim, an explanation of why the evidence supports the claim, and so forth (Purdue OWL)."

I see you are unfamiliar with the concept of providing a reference...its handy when you don't expect to be considered an authoritative source on your own. I didn't need to go to Purdue OWL for that information.

I have no problem with you "attacking my bullshit"...I have a problem with you actually being a source of bullshit. That's also pretty clearly stated in the post.

My academic credentials - I mentioned them in one context when making a point about the length of time needed to prepare for certain professions. Haven't appealed to its authority in any other way. You are the only one talking about "dissertations" and what not.

So, yes, clearly I got it all wrong because you made strong well supported points, which I did in fact fail to understand, so you could validly refer back to your earlier posts as having "explained" everything...except that none of that is true, which is also clearly spelled out in the post.

This post wasn't about the discussion with Goodlun...it was all in reference to your "contributions", as they are.

For a a self-described Pedant you sure are missing a lot of details.

Posted On:
    9/20/2013 7:29am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy ****.

First of all, my version of Word allows me to use the quote function just fine.
    So one can reasonably assume you're just a dumbass.

Second, "Preview Post" asshole.

Third, having a structured strawman (As if it was even that! Hahahahaaa...) doesn't make for a 'structured argument'.

Do you stutter?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2013 8:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Holy ****.

First of all, my version of Word allows me to use the quote function just fine.
    So one can reasonably assume you're just a dumbass.

Second, "Preview Post" asshole.

Third, having a structured strawman (As if it was even that! Hahahahaaa...) doesn't make for a 'structured argument'.

Do you stutter?
    Okay,

I didn't say I couldn't make quotes, I said I didn't use the Quote function within the Forum Reply because I constructed this response off-line. As I said to IIF, I did have formatting to clearly identify whose statements were whose, but all formatting disappeared when I pasted my response into the reply. Even so, its not that hard to figure out.

Yep, preview post would have been a good idea, but it was late and it looked like all the content was there...I didn't anticipate some weird ass glitch doubling my pasted response...which would clearly make me a dumbass/asshole...

Stuttering - Reread it. I didn't say 'structured doesn't make structured'. IIF said that arguing your own straw man doesn't make it structured, which I had never said. I had actually described exactly what I thought constitutes a structured argument, which is quoted.

I understand the first reaction is to be outraged that I am disrespecting IIF. Read the thread again...I was VERY respectful of IIF when he started weighing in. After several posts where I keep being identified as someone too stupid to understand his argument, which he NEVER MADE, that I finally decided to spell it out. In this particular case, as hard to believe as it is, IIF was actually the one shitting up the thread with posts he would have flamed anybody else to ash over.

If I missed something let me know...I have no problem admitting to a mistake.

Posted On:
    9/20/2013 9:22am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keslet View Post
    Okay,

I didn't say I couldn't make quotes, I said I didn't use the Quote function within the Forum Reply because I constructed this response off-line. As I said to IIF, I did have formatting to clearly identify whose statements were whose, but all formatting disappeared when I pasted my response into the reply. Even so, its not that hard to figure out.

So you are just lazy?
    You'll type out a tirade like the above, but won't use the quote function?
    I don't buy it. I'm sticking with dumbass.

Yep, preview post would have been a good idea, but it was late and it looked like all the content was there...I didn't anticipate some weird ass glitch doubling my pasted response...which would clearly make me a dumbass/asshole...

I'm glad you are beginning to understand.

Stuttering - Reread it. I didn't say 'structured doesn't make structured'. IIF said that arguing your own straw man doesn't make it structured, which I had never said. I had actually described exactly what I thought constitutes a structured argument, which is quoted.
    No dumbass, you claimed you made a structured argument and imp-lied IiF should appreciate same.
    He responded that you made a strawman, not a structured argument.
    So, stop lying.

Now you're flinging fistfulls of straw everywhere.

I understand the first reaction is to be outraged that I am disrespecting IIF.
    Another strawman.
    There is no outrage, dumbass...
    I care not for your respect, or lack of same.
    You are just another fallacy dropping asshole.

Read the thread again...
    Don't tell me what to do you dumbfuck.
    I'm not re-reading your bullshit walls of poorly parsed text, especially since you're too lazy/dumb/arrogant(take your pick if it makes you feel better) to use the quote function.

I was VERY respectful of IIF when he started weighing in. After several posts where I keep being identified as someone too stupid to understand his argument, which he NEVER MADE, that I finally decided to spell it out. In this particular case, as hard to believe as it is, IIF was actually the one shitting up the thread with posts he would have flamed anybody else to ash over.

Nope, you're a dumbass.

If I missed something let me know...I have no problem admitting to a mistake.

Oh you mean like how what Goodlun has been explaining to you this whole time has registered with you?
    Hahahaaaa!!!
    Hell everyone responding to you is pointing out what you've missed, even in your own posts!

You're a dumbass and a liar.

Your verbosity in response to IiF's cryptic posting is hilarious.

So you do stutter?
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111718192021 22232425 ... LastLast