Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101617181920 21222324 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/20/2013 7:29am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy ****.

First of all, my version of Word allows me to use the quote function just fine.
    So one can reasonably assume you're just a dumbass.

Second, "Preview Post" asshole.

Third, having a structured strawman (As if it was even that! Hahahahaaa...) doesn't make for a 'structured argument'.

Do you stutter?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2013 8:34am

Style: Wrestle, Kickbox, Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Holy ****.

First of all, my version of Word allows me to use the quote function just fine.
    So one can reasonably assume you're just a dumbass.

Second, "Preview Post" asshole.

Third, having a structured strawman (As if it was even that! Hahahahaaa...) doesn't make for a 'structured argument'.

Do you stutter?
    Okay,

I didn't say I couldn't make quotes, I said I didn't use the Quote function within the Forum Reply because I constructed this response off-line. As I said to IIF, I did have formatting to clearly identify whose statements were whose, but all formatting disappeared when I pasted my response into the reply. Even so, its not that hard to figure out.

Yep, preview post would have been a good idea, but it was late and it looked like all the content was there...I didn't anticipate some weird ass glitch doubling my pasted response...which would clearly make me a dumbass/asshole...

Stuttering - Reread it. I didn't say 'structured doesn't make structured'. IIF said that arguing your own straw man doesn't make it structured, which I had never said. I had actually described exactly what I thought constitutes a structured argument, which is quoted.

I understand the first reaction is to be outraged that I am disrespecting IIF. Read the thread again...I was VERY respectful of IIF when he started weighing in. After several posts where I keep being identified as someone too stupid to understand his argument, which he NEVER MADE, that I finally decided to spell it out. In this particular case, as hard to believe as it is, IIF was actually the one shitting up the thread with posts he would have flamed anybody else to ash over.

If I missed something let me know...I have no problem admitting to a mistake.

Posted On:
    9/20/2013 9:22am

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keslet View Post
    Okay,

I didn't say I couldn't make quotes, I said I didn't use the Quote function within the Forum Reply because I constructed this response off-line. As I said to IIF, I did have formatting to clearly identify whose statements were whose, but all formatting disappeared when I pasted my response into the reply. Even so, its not that hard to figure out.

So you are just lazy?
    You'll type out a tirade like the above, but won't use the quote function?
    I don't buy it. I'm sticking with dumbass.

Yep, preview post would have been a good idea, but it was late and it looked like all the content was there...I didn't anticipate some weird ass glitch doubling my pasted response...which would clearly make me a dumbass/asshole...

I'm glad you are beginning to understand.

Stuttering - Reread it. I didn't say 'structured doesn't make structured'. IIF said that arguing your own straw man doesn't make it structured, which I had never said. I had actually described exactly what I thought constitutes a structured argument, which is quoted.
    No dumbass, you claimed you made a structured argument and imp-lied IiF should appreciate same.
    He responded that you made a strawman, not a structured argument.
    So, stop lying.

Now you're flinging fistfulls of straw everywhere.

I understand the first reaction is to be outraged that I am disrespecting IIF.
    Another strawman.
    There is no outrage, dumbass...
    I care not for your respect, or lack of same.
    You are just another fallacy dropping asshole.

Read the thread again...
    Don't tell me what to do you dumbfuck.
    I'm not re-reading your bullshit walls of poorly parsed text, especially since you're too lazy/dumb/arrogant(take your pick if it makes you feel better) to use the quote function.

I was VERY respectful of IIF when he started weighing in. After several posts where I keep being identified as someone too stupid to understand his argument, which he NEVER MADE, that I finally decided to spell it out. In this particular case, as hard to believe as it is, IIF was actually the one shitting up the thread with posts he would have flamed anybody else to ash over.

Nope, you're a dumbass.

If I missed something let me know...I have no problem admitting to a mistake.

Oh you mean like how what Goodlun has been explaining to you this whole time has registered with you?
    Hahahaaaa!!!
    Hell everyone responding to you is pointing out what you've missed, even in your own posts!

You're a dumbass and a liar.

Your verbosity in response to IiF's cryptic posting is hilarious.

So you do stutter?

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/20/2013 10:07am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keslet View Post

For a a self-described Pedant you sure are missing a lot of details.
    Yes, I am a pedant staying on my topic. You keep adding details and creating straw man arguments out of my posts. My posts are not about building a structured argument, they are an explanation.

Notice how respect comes up again? Do I really need to show you where you had a disconnect? It's actually quite funny because you inferred half the sentence correctly and then lost your lunch on another one.

Posted On:
    9/20/2013 10:14am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Yes, I am a pedant staying on my topic. You keep adding details and creating straw man arguments out of my posts. My posts are not about building a structured argument, they are an explanation.

Notice how respect comes up again? Do I really need to show you where you had a disconnect? It's actually quite funny because you inferred half the sentence correctly and then lost your lunch on another one.

Hahahaha, the irony that he is now scouring his own shitty walls of text is fucking awesome.

Posted On:
    9/20/2013 10:25am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know I find when arguing with a pedant, that being precise and concise is far more effective.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/20/2013 10:53am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Hahahaha, the irony that he is now scouring his own shitty walls of text is fucking awesome.
    He doesn't get where he fucked up.

I told him two things:
    1) Don't be that guy, a rage quitting poster.
    2) Don't complain about respect when your first post's tone is full of sarcasm.

Yep, after all of your dissertations (SARCASM):
    dis�ser�ta�tion
    noun \ˌdi-sər-ˈtā-shən\

: a long piece of writing about a particular subject that is done to earn an advanced degree at a university
    Full Definition of DISSERTATION
    : an extended usually written treatment of a subject; specifically : one submitted for a doctorate
    I do enjoy the repeated use of Thesis and Dissertation, in your poor attempt at explaining that I am missing things. LOL. Next time, I'll use the word TIRADE to make you happy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2013 11:56am

Style: Wrestle, Kickbox, Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Couple of things before I respond to anybody directly...

My post is huge because a) it posted twice, which was a screwup, and b) every word that IIF wrote in his posts directed at me is included verbatim. That means no searching through the thread for what was said where, because its all there in one post, and I can position my responses right there with the exact statements they relate to. If I say something was presented as opinion without supporting statements, its right by what will show it either was or it wasn't. If someone claims there is a misinterpretation, then the words are right there for a reader to form their own opinion.

If somebody actually has the patience and interest to really read it then this eliminates a lot of pointless back and forth (I.e., "I never said...", "You're putting words in my mouth...", etc.).

Second - Structure of a debate - generally speaking, there is a topic of some sort, at least two differing positions on that topic (otherwise it would be a speech), and information that relates to that position (otherwise its nothing but an opinion, which is fine to have but in and of itself has little persuasive power). When I refer to structure of an argument, in this context, I am referring to my portion of the debate...position on a topic that I then support in some way.

I'm not trying to be condescending by writing out something so basic, but terms are being tossed back and forth here that may have different meanings to different people, so this is what I mean when I say these words.

Posted On:
    9/20/2013 12:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    You know, I find when arguing with a pedant...
    ...that you should be using your time productively?

Posted On:
    9/20/2013 12:11pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First, your voluminous posts convey nothing of substance and only serve to
    a) stoke your own ego, and
    b) provide (AMUSING) evidence of your butthurt.
    Learn to be more concise.

Second, a strawman, no matter how well structured, is not a structured argument.

F
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101617181920 21222324 ... LastLast