Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2013 8:48am

Style: Goju Ryu Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey guys thanks. I tried to register at kyokushin4life but it says admin has disabled registration, which is weird. Anyways we spar pretty general kickboxing rules with headpunches but we are supposed to pull our knees and elbows to the head. We use 10 oz gloves though when we spar (some of the black belts use mma gloves). So you think the most important thing I can do is start practicing taking lots of body shots?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2013 9:25am

Style: ShinKyokushin/Shitoryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcwagz View Post
    hey guys thanks. I tried to register at kyokushin4life but it says admin has disabled registration, which is weird. Anyways we spar pretty general kickboxing rules with headpunches but we are supposed to pull our knees and elbows to the head. We use 10 oz gloves though when we spar (some of the black belts use mma gloves). So you think the most important thing I can do is start practicing taking lots of body shots?
    Yes, without gloves. Practice taking full shots to the body in succession. There are many knockdown specific techniques but I doubt you can pick them up without an instructor or regular knockdown sparring. So just condition your body to taking shots and practice the meanest gedan mawashi you can conjure. Keep the gameplan simple.

Posted On:
    8/25/2013 11:04am

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You won't need any open hand techniques or shuto don't worry about that and focus on conditioning of the thighs and mid section

Also train with knees as they are a vital part of Kyokushin Karate

Do you train combos?

You will see lot of combos start with a chudan oi suki and follow up with a couple or punches generally ending with a knee or lowkick

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2013 11:14am

Style: ShinKyokushin/Shitoryu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One more thing, if you have big pads. Train combos at full strength you can do it on guys in sparring but you will never get the feeling of expanding all your energy like in a fight.

What we do is stamina rounds.

This is the second or third set in the video, do it in sport 15-20 seconds bursts and few seconds rest in between. 8 rounds minimum.

(I'm on 8 rounds with 20 seconds in this one - second set)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12