Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/22/2013 10:39am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Basement Budo Bromley Kent

Not sure if i am in the right area to ask this question? i am new to all of this online malarky sorry. Ive recently moved to kent and I was thinking about checking this place out. I've not been able to find any good gyms in the area for martial arts so went on google and found a place called basement budo. this place is literally round the corner from my new house so its really convenient I looked up the instructors there and they teach jiu jitsu and karate and the instructors profile said he was also graded in Brazilian jiu jitsu and Muay thai so that seems like a good mixture. Has anybody trained here and is it worth me going there or should I look somewhere else?

Thanks

J

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2013 1:22pm

Style: Holiday Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Arashi Kai
    Sento

A better question would be: what are you looking to get out of the martial arts?

Looking through the instructor profiles in the links above, it looks like you'd be getting a hotch potch of "traditional" Japanese arts. One instructor has listed BJJ in his experience section but has not listed the grade he achieved or even how long he trained for. In fact, that's the same for a lot of the arts on the list so buyer beware.

With any luck this should get merged with your other thread and moved to newbie town. Folks are a bit nicer in that sub forum.

welcome to Bullshido.

Posted On:
    8/22/2013 1:51pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thankyou, never been on anything like this before, just want to find a good gym to train at

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2013 2:18pm

Style: Holiday Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do have any thoughts on the arts you'd like to try? Do you like the traditional dojo feel or more towards fitness and competition?

This may seem like a mini interrogation but the more info you can give, the easier it is to point you in the right direction.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/22/2013 2:27pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Moved your thread.

Posted On:
    8/22/2013 2:54pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't train in a academy that is a basement

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/22/2013 5:28pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RurikGreenwulf View Post
    Don't train in a academy that is a basement
    You have failed in your recommendation. The storm troopers will be by soon to throw you in a trash compactor.

Posted On:
    8/22/2013 5:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    You have failed in your recommendation. The storm troopers will be by soon to throw you in a trash compactor.
    At least he'll finally score some RBSD training against that eyeball tentacle thingy.

Posted On:
    6/16/2014 11:40am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goshin Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi
    I'm one of the instructors there i teach the Goshin Jutsu classes (we are authenticated as a gendai Goshi Jutsu group not traditional as we dont have links to Koryu but have been authenticated so happy about that haha), the name Basement Budo was put in place as we have a few that rent out the hall but all schools teaching there are independent, early this year we moved (same Gym) but now we are upstairs so the name has changed to Budo Base :-)

I think your on about Simon, he teaches his own school of Multiple Martial Arts that does include elements of BJJ & Thai as well as other stuff, he is an ex pro fighter (was on Sky years ago lol) so he does not hold ranks in BJJ or Thai but has official ranks in Karate, Goshin and Ju Jutsu, though saying that we have a new Thai boxer start up in the gym now, i can find out the details if you want you can get hold of me via the website etc etc :-)

Anyway any questions you have i dont mind answering as best to get it from the horses mouth as they say :-)