224806 Bullies, 3516 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/21/2013 9:45pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Man, that sucks! Did his head get squished towards his chest when he landed?
    Yeah, that's pretty much the worst possible way to land that I know of. On your head with all your body weight pressing your head to your chest. Plus another guy's body weight on top of it. Very similar position to the Randleman slam that should've crippled Fedor but didn't because he's Fedor.

When I was a kid I landed in that position once and couldn't move for probably 20 seconds. And that was on a trampoline with nobody else's weight on me. I thought I was done. It was a terrifying feeling.

This video has made me do some thinking today. I know it's a freak accident and freak accidents can happen in any sport. Both of my kids are training BJJ now. One of them loves it and one of them is feeling it out. I can say for damn sure I will never push them to train if they don't want to. Bad **** happens, but if it happened and I knew I had twisted my kid's arm to be there in the first place, I couldn't live with myself.
    Last edited by Devil; 8/21/2013 9:49pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2013 9:51pm

Style: being a fatty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    When I was a kid I landed in that position once and couldn't move for probably 20 seconds. And that was on a trampoline with nobody else's weight on me. I thought I was done. It was a terrifying feeling.
    Hurts like hell the entire time too. I did that when I was smaller off of a game. We were jumping from the slide to the monkey bars to the next slide over. I missed and BAM! haha

Though accidents happen, is there anyway to prevent this sort of mistake from happening? Say dropping your hips lower or hugging up high? Because I end up in that sort of position a lot in Wrestling while being flipped around and now I'm a little worried.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2013 10:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Tang Soo Don't Retired

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The poor kid had his neck fractured in the high-C area. He is totally fucked and my heart goes out to him and his family. No chance of recovery folks. He will most likely succumb to pneumonia down the road. Patients like this suffer from respiratory issues as time passes. It breaks my heart.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/21/2013 11:18pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can say for damn sure I will never push them to train if they don't want to. Bad **** happens, but if it happened and I knew I had twisted my kid's arm to be there in the first place, I couldn't live with myself.
    My Kids were taught to finish what they start. Other than that, they will be pushed to excel not to participate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2013 11:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is a very fine law line to draw in competition. Such a margin for error.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/22/2013 2:32am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, that 23 year old must feel soooo shitty.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2013 7:22am

supporting member
     Style: Staying Alive

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not everything is lost, it seems he is recovering well:

http://translate.google.com/translat...r-a-lutar.html

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    8/22/2013 11:15am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, that's pretty much the worst possible way to land that I know of. On your head with all your body weight pressing your head to your chest. Plus another guy's body weight on top of it. Very similar position to the Randleman slam that should've crippled Fedor but didn't because he's Fedor.

This video has made me do some thinking today. I know it's a freak accident and freak accidents can happen in any sport. Both of my kids are training BJJ now. One of them loves it and one of them is feeling it out. I can say for damn sure I will never push them to train if they don't want to. Bad **** happens, but if it happened and I knew I had twisted my kid's arm to be there in the first place, I couldn't live with myself.
    I've had some close calls too with my neck. Including on a trampoline and skiing. It's a very scary feeling for sure.

I keep watching the video...what the adult did to the kid was not necessary, and,more than likely the 15 year old should not have been competing in an adult division. He did look fairly well developed and skilled for a boy his age,though.

Neither of my boys do Judo...I'd be more worried about their knees than their necks...

Quote Originally Posted by Zargor View Post

That's wonderful!
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2013 11:27am

Style: being a fatty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zargor View Post

Yay! I'm glad he's recovering.

"There are still two, purple and brown, since I'm in blue. But I'll recover, to fight back and I'll get to black belt. I'm sure of that, "Gabriel assured.
    He's also ready to get back on the mats. Damn, props to him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2013 4:48am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's a quad and its sad.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast